The Student Room Group

Lied to DWP/JSA coach, need help from what to do here on.

Just want to preface this by saying i am 100% in the wrong and it is my fault, I would just like some advice.

When filling in the action plan for seeking a job, I had ran out of things to write so I stupidly made up that I had received an interview at a place when I in fact hadn't. I wanted to make my job search seem more authentic because nothing much was happening in my job search.

I went to the interview with my coach and everything was fine, but when I told her that I had an interview, he seemed very skeptic and asked for the date and time (which I had to make up).

Where do I go from here? It is probable that my coach is going to call the place and ask whether or not I have actually applied. The thing is, I have been to an interview there, but just a while back (before I was on JSA) and never received any response.

Will I be sanctioned and what do I say if he calls me out for my stupid story?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by dongleberry
Just want to preface this by saying i am 100% in the wrong and it is my fault, I would just like some advice.

When filling in the action plan for seeking a job, I had ran out of things to write so I stupidly made up that I had received an interview at a place when I in fact hadn't. I wanted to make my job search seem more authentic because nothing much was happening in my job search.

I went to the interview with my coach and everything was fine, but when I told her that I had an interview, he seemed very skeptic and asked for the date and time (which I had to make up).

Where do I go from here? It is probable that my coach is going to call the place and ask whether or not I have actually applied. The thing is, I have been to an interview there, but just a while back (before I was on JSA) and never received any response.

I doubt she'll ring them up. She would have wanted a number otherwise. I had an interview on Tuesday and had to ring them up and tell them I couldn't attend that utterly pointless group session thing which would have been at the same time and they didn't even ask for a phone number to check (even though it was true). They said someone would call me back to re-schedule the group session which didn't happen. I'm hoping they don't sanction me for not attending even though I told them I had a number they can call, but they didn't ask for it. It's ridiculous that we have to worry about being 'sanctioned'. We will be paying back into the pot FAR more over the next 50 years than what we're receiving right now. We're completely entitled to it. It angers me. They're completely inadequate.
Reply 2
Original post by dongleberry

A lot of people make up their "Job Search Activity" and exaggerate things.

Just tell them you were unsuccessful or it's been rearranged.

They never check with the company because it could harm your application/interview if the company started getting hounded by the Jobcentre asking if you attended. It would reflect badly on you so they don't do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending