The Student Room Group

Is anyone completely happy with their life??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Muppet Science
about_dan.jpg

/thread

I ****ing hate this guy. I guess that's the point though..
Original post by AmyAintDead
I once was, probably about this time two years ago. But currently I have lost a lot of dear friends, still mourning over deaths this past year, am exhausted and frustrated, guilt-ridden and just plain bored, despite having hobbies that usually satisfied me. Truth is, I just wish I hadn't messed up the best thing in my life and then I'd be okay.

What happened to them if you dont mind me asking?

Someone dear to me passed away too and i'm still in the healing process
Reply 42
I believe that some people really are completely happy with their life. I'm not, but I wouldn't say I'm unhappy either. I'm grateful for everything I have and I'm trying to put my energy into improving myself rather than moping about the things that are wrong with me. I think the one thing that would make me a lot happier is if I had a group of friend in real life.
Yeah, more or less.
Reply 44
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I disagree. If you're completely happy you have archived Nirvana :u:

And I think Nirvana is impossible. To me there is always better, a Buddhist state of nirvana would therefore be impossible.
Does anyone else get this random euphoria that you can't explain and you don't know where it's coming from?
It feels like you're being lifted into heaven:lol:
Original post by LostGear
I'm not 100% happy until I own my luxury home, car and outdoor pool:tongue:

Presently, I'm content with my life:smile:

Until you attain those things and start craving 110% happiness...
Nah i'll never be totally happy :tongue:
There are good days and there are bad days. I don't think I've ever just sat there and acknowledged feeling perfectly happy.
Sometimes it feels like I'm looking for excuses to bring myself down which is a bit 'wtf', I know.

But I'd say I'm content. Taking life as it comes, one step at a time. :biggrin:
Original post by TurboCretin
Until you attain those things and start craving 110% happiness...

Do you know what I crave? That random inner deep 'euphoric' like happiness that springs up once a while for no apparent reason:tongue:
Original post by soph1293
Warning: depressing post...

I don't think I'll ever be truly satisfied with my life. I care too much what others think, compare myself, put too much emphasis on things that aren't that important and I'm terribly pessimistic. Unless I work on my self and my attitude, I'll never be content, no matter how much I have or achieve :frown:

You're right - comparing yourself to others (at least if you're only comparing yourself to people better off than you, as most people do) is a great way to be miserable forever. Try to focus instead on comparing yourself to yourself yesterday.
Do you know what I crave? That random inner deep 'euphoric' like happiness that springs up once a while for no apparent reason:tongue:

Those have been very few and fleeting for me over the last few years... Have you experienced its evil twin: random feeling of impending doom?
Original post by TurboCretin
Those have been very few and fleeting for me over the last few years... Have you experienced its evil twin: random feeling of impending doom?

Ahh the evil twin:angry:
Yup, but it's becoming less and less frequent I wonder why? :beard:
I think that healthy eating and working out might have something to do with it:lol:
Reply 53
Well there have been times in my life when i've felt extremely down and depressed and had suicidal thoughts. So compared to then i'm a lot happier although im not completely happy. Im just grateful that i no longer feel that way. Also ive graduated from uni so i guess im kinda happy about that but also nervous about finding a job.
Original post by JamesTheCool
I failed a year of uni due to depression (which I've been able to resit thanks to extenuating circumstances) but I haven't told my friends from home about it as I was too ashamed (what with having started uni at 20 and it being my first year). At the time I found out I failed (last September), I went through a nervous breakdown and was in a state of denial, and I've been living a bit of a lie since. I also drank a lot of alcohol to cope, as I was going through hell. They're gonna flip when they find out. It's just that when you start a pretty big lie it's very difficult to go back. I'm living in a constant tightrope of anxiety and paranoia that they might find out, or are speculating about it.

I'm still at university so it's not like I've lied about that. It's just a slight deviation of the truth to cover the shame.

Also, I go to this bench in a village green (near where most of my friends live, quite far away from me) to drink alone in secret every Saturday evening (which I know seems weird, but I get so bored and depressed at home on Saturdays and my friends always have workshifts/dates with their partner so are never out (and I started doing it when I found out I failed the uni year, so it's a habit, plus the thrill of doing it and nobody knowing, and I get to smoke without my parents knowing)) and one of my friends' friends who seems to dislike anyone who's "weird" recently noticed me doing it, and he seems to be giving me a hard time by saying subtly nasty jokes aimed at me which no one notices, and I can't do anything about it as I'm too socially anxious and scared of causing a scene. It might just be in my mind though.

So those are my problems, preventing me from full happiness.

What do you mean by 'failed due to depression'?
Does anyone else get this random euphoria that you can't explain and you don't know where it's coming from?
It feels like you're being lifted into heaven:lol:

I grew out of that a long time ago
I think you can have weeks where you feel completely satisfied but it is human nature to strive for more. Even people who 'have everything' want more, that's probably why a lot of celebrities get addicted to drugs and end up with depression etc.
Original post by Secretnerd123
What happened to them if you dont mind me asking?

Someone dear to me passed away too and i'm still in the healing process

That's fine, ask away, 'tis the path to knowledge! Two years ago I was in a mostly male geeky crew where I ended up dating one of my friends, but once we had broken up everyone kind of drifted away, with another friend showing affection for me which sadly wasn't returned. My ex and I have a very complex and often toxic friendship, and people moving away we all just kind of drifted. It really sucked because with that crew, I felt like I truly fitted in, was accepted for who I was and I understood my true identity for the very first time. :frown:

I understand totally, I am so sorry to hear your loss. Is this your first experience with death, because it is for me and I lost two people within three weeks of one another so I totally understand your agony. Best of luck with the healing process. :smile:
Neither happy, nor sad.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You do realize you're not getting out of this alive right? :tongue:

Haha! Yes, I know! :laugh:
Thank you that's made me feel better! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest