The Student Room Group

what is it like being a bridesmaid

what is it like bing a bridesmaid?
iv never bean one befor what do you have to do wen you are one?
how can i get picked as a bridesmaid?
Reply 1
Depends a lot on the bride and they style of wedding they are having. Things you may have to do are: -

Go shopping with the bride for bridesmaid dresses, shoes, jewellery etc

Go wedding dress shopping with the bride

Help the bride out with other aspects of wedding planning e.g. making invitations/craft items

Help the bride prepare the wedding venue the day before/morning of the wedding

Plan the hen party

Help the bride get ready

Wear a nice dress, have make-up etc done and walk down the aisle with the bride

Have lots of nice photos taken with the wedding party

Generally assist the bride throughout the day, make sure she has everything she needs, take her to the toilet if needed (it's bloody hard to go for a wee in a wedding dress!)

Possibly make a speech (usually only the chief bridesmaid and even then it's not always done)

I'm sure there are other things, but I can't think of them right now. Not all bridesmaids will have to do all those things - mine didn't.

As for how to get picked - have some good female friends/relatives who decide to get married and cross your fingers!
Reply 2
thanks that is real help full :smile:
althow it is maid harder for me as i am a guy trying to become a bridesmaid
Reply 3
Original post by odon
thanks that is real help full :smile:
althow it is maid harder for me as i am a guy trying to become a bridesmaid

Yeah, that may be problematic. More likely to be an usher for your male friends/relatives. I have seen one or two "bridesmen" but it's pretty rare. Why are you so keen?
Reply 4
Original post by Helenia
Yeah, that may be problematic. More likely to be an usher for your male friends/relatives. I have seen one or two "bridesmen" but it's pretty rare. Why are you so keen?

im ceak becase i cross dress and dont have a change to do it with familey and i feal as thow i have mised out on uther opachonateys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending