The Student Room Group

I'm a Bengali girl (plus uni dropout/Xbox gamer) - ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mochassassin
That makes sense! Sorry again. :smile:

I've answered that twice already, haha. Probably shouldn't have mentioned it in the title!
I was studying International Law. I changed to English Lit w/ Creative Writing.
I dropped out because I couldn't be bothered conforming to what my cultural society expected of me. I was under the impression I wanted to study Law and be a lawyer but I guess I was naive and realised my passion was for English instead! :smile:

What university were studying International Law in, and where will you be studying in 2 months time?
Also, do you wear a hijab?
Reply 41
Original post by AnharM
Who's thirsty now bruh?

It's a private joke between me and her :lol:
Nothing serious
History was always a no-no subject too so kudos to you for choosing that! And seriously, in our first lecture, they told us "you don't need a law degree to be a lawyer" and there's always a GDL if you wanna do a conversion course later! :biggrin:

Exactly. I'd have my History degree, which I enjoyed doing for three years, and I can choose to do the GDL and the LPC, or I can choose a different path and work for say Proctor and Gamble (My Economics teacher has taken this path now).

How long have you been an Xbox gamer?
Original post by Munrot07
I mainly ask as my girlfriend is bengali :P I am not, nor am I muslim :P

Dayum! Good for you! How did her parents react, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Ff96
Ooh wow, tbh that's a respectable degree like law as it's a core subject, and kudos to you for English ... I hate it haha

Thank you!
HAHA, I love it! It's so easy and I can express my creativity constantly. Law restricts that. XD
Dayum! Good for you! How did her parents react, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeh they don't know. They found out years ago (weve been dating for 2 and a half years) and got super pissed so she pretended we broke up...yeh, they would not be happy :/
Original post by AnharM
What university were studying International Law in, and where will you be studying in 2 months time?
Also, do you wear a hijab?

I attended Lancaster University - I'm going back there to do English Lit w/ Creative Writing.

And no, I am not a hijabi. I feel like it's a commitment and I'm just not ready. Though I feel very good about myself when I wear one for occasions. :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Dilsz
It's a private joke between me and her :lol:
Nothing serious

I wasn't being serious as well...didn't stop you from showing me an Evian bottle now, did it?
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Exactly. I'd have my History degree, which I enjoyed doing for three years, and I can choose to do the GDL and the LPC, or I can choose a different path and work for say Proctor and Gamble (My Economics teacher has taken this path now).

How long have you been an Xbox gamer?

Yes, exactly!

About half a decade. It was the PS2 before that and Gameboys before that. :wink:
Reply 49
Original post by AnharM
I wasn't being serious as well...didn't stop you from showing me an Evian bottle now, did it?

We're going off topic I don't want to be reported :smile:
Original post by AnharM

Hold up! What's all this about? :eek:
Reply 51
I attended Lancaster University - I'm going back there to do English Lit w/ Creative Writing.

And no, I am not a hijabi. I feel like it's a commitment and I'm just not ready. Though I feel very good about myself when I wear one for occasions. :smile:

Are you living with your parents? Or are you away from your home city?
Yes, exactly!

About half a decade. It was the PS2 before that and Gameboys before that. :wink:

The PS2 was and is still is the greatest console ever made :biggrin:

What kind of games do you play?
Original post by AnharM

I live with my parents now during my 9 month break but I lived/will live on campus for my studies.
Reply 54
Original post by AnharM

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this anhar from Swanlea? If I'm right damn this world is small
Original post by AbdulKoyes
The PS2 was and is still is the greatest console ever made :biggrin:

What kind of games do you play?

Mainly action adventures. Third person. Assassin's Creed, Batman: Arkham trilogy, Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider.
I'm becoming more accepting of first person shooters though. Lmao.
Original post by Aurangzeb
What is your problem? With all due respect, could you go somewhere else? There's no need to come onto this thread and start telling people what they can and can't write. No one is being rude or offensive. There are thousands of posts in the cultural/national threads with people talking in a plethora of different languages, and they are never reprimanded or chastised.

what is up with your name. Aurangzeb. He was a murderer. He was a vile and malicious creature who killed his own family for the throne and killed thousands of people in india.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Ff96
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this anhar from Swanlea? If I'm right damn this world is small

Holy **** :colondollar:

Who's this loooooooooooool
Reply 58
Original post by AnharM
Holy **** :colondollar:

Who's this loooooooooooool

LOOOOOL it's iffath from the year below idk if you remember me omg :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by Ff96

Omg Iffath looooooooool, oh god :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest