The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Original post by Pete_91
Madrid surely will fail FFP if they spend big on Falcao even with he sale of Benzema though? That's why I don't see it.

I'm not sure. Isn't it a loss of over £45m per year over three years?

I'm sure the revenue sales of just Rodrigues, bale & ronaldo shirts would add up haha.

Also, they got all the commercial funding & what not.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1761
Original post by Tom_Ford
When one becomes available, would rather wait or pay less for a competent goalscorer as an alternative to Giroud. Benzema is a desperation big money signing. He is not a big game player by himself, just a slight improvement on Giroud. Truly great CF's step up and make a difference when needed. Plenty of good strikers can score goals when things are going well and their team are cruising to three and four goal victories. Especially when supplied all around by Real Madrid teammates that make you look better than you are. But Benzema is not a striker that strikes me as being able to make key decisions at big times, i.e. the mark of a great striker.

What we need is an in-form falcao. People forget what an absolute beast he was for athletico
Reply 1762
Did anyone else get this in the post?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1406470191.885189.jpg
Remy fails LFC medical. Bullet dodged big time
Original post by SHOO

You're ZYZZ? :biggrin:
Original post by SHOO

Do you have a membership?

--------------------------------

SSN reporting Chambers will be announced tomorrow and that the fee could rise to £16m but is £11m initially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sevchenko

Maybe he does have that bit of Arsenal DNA in him after all.

Original post by Pete_91
They've spent 70odd million on Rodriguez though, surely their revenue isn't enough to account for an increase in net spend on last of year of probably 50m.

Keep in mind that they'll sell Di Maria and probably someone else like Isco/Khedira for a huge sum. TV rights are also sold very differently in Spain, Real Madrid & Barcelona get the vast majority of the money, it's not split between 20 like it is here. Factor in other things like kit deal, shirt sponsorship, shirt sales and their revenue stream is sky high.

Real are in the same boat as clubs like Arsenal, Bayern Munich & Manchester United - the chance of them failing FFP is about as likely as seeing a flying pig.
Reply 1768
Original post by Tom_Ford
You're ZYZZ? :biggrin:

Aziz.. its my surname :cool:

Original post by Peggles_*
Do you have a membership?

--------------------------------

SSN reporting Chambers will be announced tomorrow and that the fee could rise to £16m but is £11m initially.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeaah I do, its weird though.. my sister didn't get it and she's a member

Just saw that, anyone know how medicals actually work/ what clubs look for? because if it was something very major I'm doubt he would have moved to QPR originally or Newcastle
Reply 1770

:eek: :dancing2: :yay:
How does one fail a medical when Hargreaves passed one to join City?
Original post by alittlehelp
Just saw that, anyone know how medicals actually work/ what clubs look for? because if it was something very major I'm doubt he would have moved to QPR originally or Newcastle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/treatment_room/features/newsid_3083000/3083908.stm
Did I just read someone say that Sanchez is better than Eden Hazard? Arsenal fans are so deluded it's unreal. Should I mention when Eden helped Chelsea on a completely dominant display of 6-0?
Original post by EdenHazard
Did I just read someone say that Sanchez is better than Eden Hazard? Arsenal fans are so deluded it's unreal. Should I mention when Eden helped Chelsea on a completely dominant display of 6-0?

The Oracle has spoken again
The Oracle has spoken again

He's stating the obvious.

He should be telling us which DM we're most likely to bring in.
Original post by Stalin
He's stating the obvious.

He should be telling us which DM we're most likely to bring in.

Ben Smith (BBC) says we are interested in Schneiderlin but this will cost us about £30M as Soton value him more than most others they off-loaded. Carvalho has been linked as well but it seems we don't want to meet the buyout clause. Khedira could be a possibility but this is starting to seem more and more unlikely as there's reports that he is willing to run down his contract with Madrid and leave on a free next year.

It will be a while if/when we get one of the three players above. Slow negotiations...
Reply 1778
Hey guys, I bought tickets for the Community Shield for a Silver Member and Junior Gunner.

Never been to Wembley before, does anyone know how the tickets work? Do we get sent paper tickets?
Reply 1779
Sanogo injured. Again.

Latest