The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by pinkteddyx64
Hopefully, it will be much better received here! :smile:

If only I'd done a DS Worst Music Poll for 2013 on this forum, I'd know exactly what song to dump in there! :biggrin:
By the way, that rant thread about DS started by the user Brookside is STILL going, and Brookside is still a 'Forum member', not an 'Inactive member'! :rolleyes:
Reply 62
Original post by pinkteddyx64
By the way, that rant thread about DS started by the user Brookside is STILL going, and Brookside is still a 'Forum member', not an 'Inactive member'! :rolleyes:

That's because they don't just sit on their backside all day eating crisps and donuts! :biggrin:

Quote from DS on what "Inactive" means:

So, it's not the label for a user who just sits on their arse all day eating crisps and donuts then?

Thread is here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=898135

:biggrin:
Original post by Sanctimonious
I used to mod on Digital Spy and it was a nightmare. Then the whole thing changed in terms of layout and after a short while that was it for me. It was a great forum back in the day but nothing special anymore. I had plenty of good friends on there as well that I'd met in person etc and even they packed it in.

Since you were a mod there how come some members are given permanent bans, and some can get them over turned but others can't?
Original post by football mad
Since you were a mod there how come some members are given permanent bans, and some can get them over turned but others can't?

Why do you think? Use your head.
Reply 65

Exactly. I would like to get my permanent ban overturned... I mean, getting permabanned just because a friend of yours signs up on the day you were given a week ban... really? DS Mods are FASCISTS!!!!
Original post by spotify95
Exactly. I would like to get my permanent ban overturned... I mean, getting permabanned just because a friend of yours signs up on the day you were given a week ban... really? DS Mods are FASCISTS!!!!

DS use Vbulletin, the same software as TSR. Assuming their admin tools are the same as ours, discerning a dupe from just two people on the same IP is very easy. Not mention you mentioned trying dozens of times to get back onto the site in your previous threads, odds are it was the successive attempts that led to the perm if they hadn't just decided to on the first go.
Reply 67
Thanks for the information, Gofre. It was the first time that a "dupe" was created, which permabanned me - despite the "dupe" being created by a friend, it was used on the same IP as my banned account! :frown:

Maybe that was why they perm banned me....
Why do you think? Use your head.

I have no idea that's why I am asking you since you were a mod on there.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have no idea that's why I am asking you since you were a mod on there.

Some have friends on there. Others have genuine reasons for them being overturned.
Some have friends on there. Others have genuine reasons for them being overturned.

ok thanks.
Reply 71

Like when your friend joins up on the day you are given a suspension, and happens to use the same IP address (which is a shared IP)? :confused::rolleyes:

Come on sort out my spotty account on there....
Like when your friend joins up on the day you are given a suspension, and happens to use the same IP address (which is a shared IP)? :confused::rolleyes:

Come on sort out my spotty account on there....

I'm no longer a mod in there. I quit a long time back now.
Reply 73
I'm no longer a mod in there. I quit a long time back now.

Oh okay, chances are I'll never get this sorted then...

One question: is there any way of contacting the DS mods, other than the "Contact Us" link, which they never answer to?

I don't understand why you're so keen to get unbanned from a forum you've spent many months complaining about.
Oh okay, chances are I'll never get this sorted then...

One question: is there any way of contacting the DS mods, other than the "Contact Us" link, which they never answer to?

If they're not answering then its probably because you've been constantly pestering them and they're fed up of your excuses. Move on and wise up.
Reply 76
If they're not answering then its probably because you've been constantly pestering them and they're fed up of your excuses. Move on and wise up.

The problem is not just me - other users (including those who have active accounts!) are getting no response whatsoever via the contact link.

The problem is not just me - other users (including those who have active accounts!) are getting no response whatsoever via the contact link.

well there is a poster on there who has had his permanent ban over turned and is now posting back on the forum.
Reply 78
well there is a poster on there who has had his permanent ban over turned and is now posting back on the forum.

Wowee, how on earth did that even happen?

In that case, how easy would it be for me to get my original Spotify95 account back on the forum?

Original post by Potally_Tissed
I don't understand why you're so keen to get unbanned from a forum you've spent many months complaining about.

I'm not too sure either. It's a bit sad isn't it? The internet is obviously serious business for some.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest