The Student Room Group

I have love addiction problems, can't stop staring at women.

Hi.

Got a massive problem. I'm 23 and male with a lot of sexual shame. I seem to have a lot of love addiction problems and especially a strong need of approval from beautiful women. I'm still a virgin and seriously considering paying for it. I feel a lot of shame in wanting to ask women out and sleep with them because everyone thinks i'm a nerd who will never deserve a woman or love

I can't get past secondary school and all the negative **** that happened to me. I'm working on forgiving all the people who ruined that experience for me. It's easy at times and hard during others.

There's a girl i work with who i think likes me, she's really hot and all the guys in the office fancy her but i'm not sure if i have the guts to ask her out because everyone thinks they're so much better than me and that i'm not worthy of her love. We've spent a bit of time with each other at work and i think i'm falling for her. I don't really know what to do.

Our job requires a lot of guts and i can do that but when it comes to women, then i just can't do it. I'm considering seeing a sex therapist because it's extremely abnormal for a young, healthy male like myself to be having this much trouble with my sexuality. I feel like i do not deserve to have somebody who will love me.

I spend every day constantly trying to prove myself to other people that i'm worthy of love. Its so exhausting because everyone seems like i bother them with my presence or something.

What can i do??
Original post by Anonymous
Hi.

Got a massive problem. I'm 23 and male with a lot of sexual shame. I seem to have a lot of love addiction problems and especially a strong need of approval from beautiful women. I'm still a virgin and seriously considering paying for it. I feel a lot of shame in wanting to ask women out and sleep with them because everyone thinks i'm a nerd who will never deserve a woman or love

I can't get past secondary school and all the negative **** that happened to me. I'm working on forgiving all the people who ruined that experience for me. It's easy at times and hard during others.

There's a girl i work with who i think likes me, she's really hot and all the guys in the office fancy her but i'm not sure if i have the guts to ask her out because everyone thinks they're so much better than me and that i'm not worthy of her love. We've spent a bit of time with each other at work and i think i'm falling for her. I don't really know what to do.

Our job requires a lot of guts and i can do that but when it comes to women, then i just can't do it. I'm considering seeing a sex therapist because it's extremely abnormal for a young, healthy male like myself to be having this much trouble with my sexuality. I feel like i do not deserve to have somebody who will love me.

I spend every day constantly trying to prove myself to other people that i'm worthy of love. Its so exhausting because everyone seems like i bother them with my presence or something.

What can i do??

Sorry, what do you do not prove to others that you are worthy of love???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi.

What can i do??

If you think she might like you then just go for it. Ask her out for a coffee or a drink, that doesn't necessarily mean you're asking her out in a romantic way, could just be as friends. I say just go for it, even if she does say no then you'll have at least had the courage to do it.
Reply 3
Original post by PrincePauper
Sorry, what do you do not prove to others that you are worthy of love???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come again?
All I really got from that is "I have a problem where I like people for entirely superficial reasons but don't like it when others judge me for entirely superficial reasons."
Hi.

What can i do??

you have something called love shyness

read up on it, and see if you resonate with it
Reply 6
Original post by thetrickyfox
All I really got from that is "I have a problem where I like people for entirely superficial reasons but don't like it when others judge me for entirely superficial reasons."

I agree with the first part but not the second, explain yourself.
What's so hard about asking her out for a coffee or drink?
I agree with the first part but not the second, explain yourself.

"because everyone thinks i'm a nerd who will never deserve a woman or love."
"
because everyone thinks they're so much better than me and that i'm not worthy of her love."

Other people judging you for superficial reasons. Your confidence is affected by others with baseless perceptions of you.
Reply 9
Original post by LostGear
What's so hard about asking her out for a coffee or drink?

If she says no, then i'll feel stupid for even thinking that she'd even consider say yes.

If she says yes then i'll panic cos i won't know what to do and i'll just **** it up.
[QUOTE="thetrickyfox;48800221"]"because everyone thinks i'm a nerd who will never deserve a woman or love."
"
because everyone thinks they're so much better than me and that i'm not worthy of her love."

Other people judging you for superficial reasons. Your confidence is affected by others with baseless perceptions of you.[/COLOR
]

Not quite sure what this means.

So basically you think im a ****????
Not quite sure what this means.

So basically you think im a ****????

I don't think you're anything, I know nothing about you. All it means is that you like people for superficial reasons and in the same sentence complain about how others judge you for equally superficial reasons. I think you need to deal with your own ****ty self image and that might stop you from crushing on every objectively attractive person you see.
I don't think you're anything, I know nothing about you. All it means is that you like people for superficial reasons and in the same sentence complain about how others judge you for equally superficial reasons. I think you need to deal with your own ****ty self image and that might stop you from crushing on every objectively attractive person you see.

Any idea/s how?
Any idea/s how?

If you want a therapy session you might as well PM me or something, I could go on at length about ****ty self image but to give useful advice I'd need to know more about you personally.
If you want a therapy session you might as well PM me or something, I could go on at length about ****ty self image but to give useful advice I'd need to know more about you personally.

Before i do, have you ever done this before, are you a professional or do you have a lot of experience with it?
Before i do, have you ever done this before, are you a professional or do you have a lot of experience with it?

Uh I'm not actually going to give you therapy, it's just advice. As for my qualifications, does attending 7 years of group/ single therapy myself count? It's up to you, I'm not your mother and I don't lose anything by you not speaking to me.
Reply 16
Love addiction? Isn't that when you're already in a relationship but it's abusive and you still stay? It seems to me you're just a virgin who is struggling to get laid :s-smilie: Well you said you're a virgin lol and you're clearly struggling. Why do people put tags on things that don't apply >.<

Quick Reply

Latest