The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HayleyChuu
Oh and I forgot to add to that list I'm also watching Kuro****suji Book of Circus. Watched the 1st and 2nd seasons of Kuro****suji and thought they were fun so I'm watching this season, though it continues on from the middle of the first season which might be confusing to some people. Haha. (Basically they didn't do a storyline from the manga that belonged in the 1st season so now they've made an entire season dedicated to it which I think is pretty good!) :emog:

What do you think of Zankyou no Terror? I am in love with the OSTs and Lisa. ~

Zankyou no Terror is celebrating a third week at the top of my blog rankings - I'm loving the series so far! It does have a great OST, but more than anything I like the current battle of wits between Sphinx and Shibasaki. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here. :biggrin:

Kuroshìtsuji: Book of Circus is also high in my rankings, I'd forgotten how much I liked Sebastian (or maybe he's just more amusing in the manga than in the anime-original material). :p:

Original post by Aiko
So far, Zankyou no Terror, Barakamon, Tokyo Ghoul and Aldnoah Zero have been the most promising from the new/current season.

:ditto:

Original post by Aiko
One Piece is remaining solid as usual. The Thriller Bark arc was good but not great, so it's nice to see that they've transitioned over to what is turning out to be a far stronger arc in Dressrosa. :yes:

I agree that Thriller Bark wasn't the greatest... but did you perhaps mean Punk Hazard? :tongue: Either way, I'm glad to hear Dressrosa is good - I'm waiting for the arc to finish before marathoning the whole thing, as usual. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7161
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I agree that Thriller Bark wasn't the greatest... but did you perhaps mean Punk Hazard? :tongue:

Indeed, my mistake. :tongue:
Original post by Dilzo999
Is this movie plagued with a lot of fan service? I think I might give it a watch.

There's a little alright, but I wouldn't say "plagued". It's pretty decent overall.
I felt that way when I tried to watch FMA. (Sorry any FMA fans). :erm::emog:

I felt exactly the same when I tried watching it a couple of years ago. Never finished it.
Watched both TV anime and the OVA, am currently collecting both the original light novels and the manga, and I also have a Holo mousemat. :biggrin: A third anime series would be fantastic, though!

Ah I haven't seen the OVA yet but I was thinking about getting the novels and reading the manga - holo mousemat?! You're too cool! There's still quite a lot they didn't cover isn't there? or so I've read.. so it seems there's some hope for a third season 😊
http://kagayaki.ru/?p=10507

UBW series and a HF movie. I can't wait.

(edited 9 years ago)
Finally got around to watching the first few episodes of Sabagebu!. I was hoping for better version of Stella-C3 (as many others were). It was straight off the bat so already it had started better, the combats relatively interesting in how its approached as well. From what I gather though Sabagebu! is essentially episodic which I feel is limiting but time will tell if it pays off :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
I marathoned all of the third series of Teekyuu in 30 minutes (the eps are about 2 minutes long) - I'd forgotten how hilarious and addictive it was. :biggrin: I hope the announcement of a fourth series at the end turns out to be official. :puppyeyes:
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Has anyone been watching Ace of the Diamond? Just started it and oh my word I do so love it.

Apparently sports anime is my thing.

I think a lot of people including myself think :indiff: at sports anime but it's not really much difference to any other anime series really.

It's a pretty good series and the main character is pretty funny :tongue:

If you like it I recommend Major
Original post by Keoje
I think a lot of people including myself think :indiff: at sports anime but it's not really much difference to any other anime series really.

It's a pretty good series and the main character is pretty funny :tongue:

If you like it I recommend Major

I'll keep that recommendation in mind!

It's really not a genre I ever thought I'd particuarly enjoy, but I'm going through AotD pretty quickly and that's on top of waiting for Free! and Haikyuu!! to bring out the new episodes. I want to see Kuroko's Basketball as well...

I used to only really go for 'romcom' for lack of any better term that I can think of right now, so I'm glad people started recommending Free and Haikyuu to me since it's a new genre that I've LOVED. The last thing I got told to watch was Attack on Titan and ick that just made me feel ill. >.>
Zankyou no Terror is celebrating a third week at the top of my blog rankings - I'm loving the series so far! It does have a great OST, but more than anything I like the current battle of wits between Sphinx and Shibasaki. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here. :biggrin:

Kuroshìtsuji: Book of Circus is also high in my rankings, I'd forgotten how much I liked Sebastian (or maybe he's just more amusing in the manga than in the anime-original material). :p:

:ditto:

Yeah I can just sense that Zankyou no Terror will bring great things. I am obsessed with the OSTs though they're so beautiful, I am a sucker for really nice OSTs.

And yeah, I like the new Kuro Book of Circus. The first season was really good I loved it, the second season I still liked too but not as much as the 1st. I'm preferring this third season to the second.:emog:

Original post by 99DeadBaboons
I felt exactly the same when I tried watching it a couple of years ago. Never finished it.

Yup I feel you. Couldn't get into it. It was one of those same thing every ep but different characters thing. :colondollar:
Reply 7171

Missed your post. :redface:

I've seen a couple of episodes of Ace of Diamond and enjoyed them. However, I decided to postpone the series because the male lead was starting to annoy me. That, and the perception the other characters had of him. He wasn't even that bad, admirable even given the respect his old school friends had for him, but there was something that irked me and I just couldn't continue. I will probably pick the series up again at some point. :tongue:

As for sport series, I've never had an issue with them myself. In fact, many of them stand among my favourites (Touch and Ashi-ta no Joe to name a few). I'd second Keoje's recommendation of Major and Kuroko's Basketball is also very good. :yes:

Incidentally, I'm currently watching Baby Steps, an anime about tennis, which is rather good (not something I'd recommend over the above two, though). :smile:
Reply 7172
Yeah I can just sense that Zankyou no Terror will bring great things. I am obsessed with the OSTs though they're so beautiful, I am a sucker for really nice OSTs.

Yeah, same. It's the only things I consider buying these days. I agree that the soundtrack for Zankyou no Terror is beautiful. Although, the soundtrack I can't wait to get a hold of is Aldnoah Zero. It's by Hiroyuki Sawano, the composer that can do no wrong (responsible most recently for Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill). :yes:
I'd probably rank Yowamushi Pedal my favourite sport anime so far, though Cross Game and Giant Killing (needs a sequel!) aren't far behind. :love:

*my reaction when I noticed A-P had Teekyuu tagged as sport* :teehee:
Reply 7174
I'd probably rank Yowamushi Pedal my favourite sport anime so far, though Cross Game and Giant Killing (needs a sequel!) aren't far behind. :love:

*my reaction when I noticed A-P had Teekyuu tagged as sport* :teehee:

As I've mentioned before, given that you've rated Cross Game highly, you really need to watch Touch. It's probably Adachi's best because it captures his mastery of story telling, intertwining the essence of sport shounen with one of the best romances I've seen.

Giant Killing was very good. There's so many sport anime that are worth mentioning, to be fair. Hajime no Ippo is an obvious one, but also Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis and Initial D come to mind. Ah, more are flooding in, Eyeshield 21, Captain Tsubasa, One Outs... Ok, I'll stop. :redface:

It's really not a genre I ever thought I'd particuarly enjoy, but I'm going through AotD pretty quickly and that's on top of waiting for Free! and Haikyuu!! to bring out the new episodes. I want to see Kuroko's Basketball as well...

I used to only really go for 'romcom' for lack of any better term that I can think of right now, so I'm glad people started recommending Free and Haikyuu to me since it's a new genre that I've LOVED. The last thing I got told to watch was Attack on Titan and ick that just made me feel ill. >.>

Is Free! and Haikyuu!! a brand new series then? I'm so out of the times :ahee:

Attack on Titans is cool but not everyones thing i guess
Reply 7176
Original post by Keoje
Is Free! and Haikyuu!! a brand new series then? I'm so out of the times :ahee:

Attack on Titans is cool but not everyones thing i guess

I think you'd like Haikyuu!!, but probably not Free!. Then again, you never know. :giggle:
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, same. It's the only things I consider buying these days. I agree that the soundtrack for Zankyou no Terror is beautiful. Although, the soundtrack I can't wait to get a hold of is Aldnoah Zero. It's by Hiroyuki Sawano, the composer that can do no wrong (responsible most recently for Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill). :yes:

As soon as I heard the OST in Aldnoah I instantly knew it was him. He has a really distinct style, just like Yuki Kajiura, who's actually responsible for the OP :biggrin:

Zankyou no Terror is awesome so far. I love the opening and it's visuals. I think the dude who sang it, did the Hamatora OP as well. I genuinely don't know who to support so far. There's a sort of loyalty towards the protagonists and obviously their actions aren't unprovoked, but you just can't agree with how they're going about with things. But I think that's one of the anime's strengths. You don't know who the bad guy is.
Reply 7178
Original post by Tai Ga
As soon as I heard the OST in Aldnoah I instantly knew it was him. He has a really distinct style, just like Yuki Kajiura, who's actually responsible for the OP :biggrin:

Yeah, he definitely does. :biggrin:

Zankyou no Terror is awesome so far. I love the opening and it's visuals. I think the dude who sang it, did the Hamatora OP as well. I genuinely don't know who to support so far. There's a sort of loyalty towards the protagonists and obviously their actions aren't unprovoked, but you just can't agree with how they're going about with things. But I think that's one of the anime's strengths. You don't know who the bad guy is.

Yeah, Zankyou no Terror is probably my favourite of the season, all things considered. It's not my most anticipated each week (that goes to SAO 2 and Mahouka), but in terms of everything else, I think Zankyou no Terror stands above the rest.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
I think you'd like Haikyuu!!, but probably not Free!. Then again, you never know. :giggle:

I thought it was one title ops :redface: I feel so out of this anime stuff these days :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending