The Student Room Group

According to the people on this forum, for a guy to just get an average girl..

Scroll to see replies

I've seen it a lot in Desi and Oriental culture where the people of that culture hate their own people.

It's disgusting. My heritage and culture isn't perfect (especially how fanatical they are towards religion) but I good my head high and never self depreciate my culture to gain browny points with anyone.

I also know more about Western/ British history than most people who actually live here as well the history of my own culture.
Original post by Anonymous
Would Rafael Nasal take time off his strict regimen to chase girls? Would Julius Caesar (pre dictator) put off his plans to conquer Gaul to chase girls?

Obviously I cannot make the same comparisons as I have nowhere near the same responsibilities but it's just something I like to think of about how great men would react or tackle problems which I am facing.

So why are you doing it?

Can you see where your mindset is ****ed?

Your basically wanting the life of a rich and powerful man, who through his status and fame gets women into him, but you are not there yet.

What you gotta understand these people . NASAL, and Cesar not only influence women with their status, but they influence other men too.

The Cesars in London, are going to members clubs such as annabels in Mayfair, drinking a glass of sherry, talking ****.

You will know when you have made it, when a lot of doors open.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I've seen it a lot in Desi and Oriental culture where the people of that culture hate their own people.

It's disgusting. My heritage and culture isn't perfect (especially how fanatical they are towards religion) but I good my head high and never self depreciate my culture to gain browny points with anyone.

I also know more about Western/ British history than most people who actually live here as well the history of my own culture.

+ They want to be white basically. They want to selectively breed any trace of their ethnic heritage out of existence. I am just calling it as I see it.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Not surprised you are from Malaysia. They are very racist against Chinese people. I mean, you drew pigs faces on the luggage of a plane of Chinese tourists a few years back. Not to mention the systematic discrimination against all Chinese and the lenient policies towards ethnic Malays. It's a decadent country in terms of it's treatment of Chinese people. Poor boy, brainwashed to look down on his own.

I knew of a Vietnamese boy like you at university. He was always seen as a joke, his white friends regularly joked about the war in Vietnam and he continued to suck up to them. He also sucked up a lot to a French guy and said he was part of an amazing culture etc. This French guy happened to be a good friend of mine and told me in private that the Viet guy's worship of white people was weird. He has been to Vietnam and the vast vast majority of the people there were the same. Clearly a white supremacist, but Vietnamese. So, that was a bit weird. You people just love white people for some reason, both men and women. Such a slave mentality.

I wouldn't disagree. There's a reason why white people love coming to South East Asia and say the people here are "kind" and "friendly" when people like myself clearly think otherwise.

It's true that ethnic Malays patronise and hate on Chinese people in Malaysia, the affirmative action policies in place don't help either. But to suggest that I would be brainwashed by the very people who make my life in Malaysia hell is strange really. One thing's for sure though, when I lived and stayed in Singapore, this Asian-hating sentiment was definitely less prevalent, because I felt Chinese people there are very much different. They're just more civilised and more modern in their thinking. In Malaysia, most Chinese people I know are extremely conservative and backward and I strongly doubt it has anything to do with the generation gap.
Original post by SloaneRanger
Do you think your family or relatives determine whether or not a girl wants to date you or not?

Nah.

I come from a family full of interracial marriages - my brother is married to a white woman.

My bro actually always used to tell me when I was growing up, that brown ethnics have to work twice as hard to get respect. Guess he was right.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Seb_back2back
I wouldn't disagree. There's a reason why white people love coming to South East Asia and say the people here are "kind" and "friendly" when people like myself clearly think otherwise.

It's true that ethnic Malays patronise and hate on Chinese people in Malaysia, the affirmative action policies in place don't help either. But to suggest that I would be brainwashed by the very people who make my life in Malaysia hell is strange really. One thing's for sure though, when I lived and stayed in Singapore, this Asian-hating sentiment was definitely less prevalent, because I felt Chinese people there are very much different. They're just more civilised and more modern in their thinking. In Malaysia, most Chinese people I know are extremely conservative and backward and I strongly doubt it has anything to do with the generation gap.

Malaysians have a clear inferiority complex. But it is weird, because whilst I think they know the Chinese nation is stronger as a country, they see it antagonistically. Whereas white people are seen as saviours that liberate them from Chinese aggression. Weird, just very weird.
Original post by fat_hobbit
Nah.

I come from a family full of interracial marriages - my brother is married to a white woman.

My bro actually always used to tell me when I was growing up, that brown ethnics have to work twice as hard to get respect. Guess he was right.

But can you see jalebi marrying a maria sharapova type? I will have a bet with you to say no.
Nah.

He has never dated an ethnic woman (never mind another Indian/Pakistani). Guy is a cocunut, I seem to remember you even telling me about his racial 'preferences'.
Original post by SloaneRanger
But can you see jalebi marrying a maria sharapova type? I will have a bet with you to say no.

Probably not, no. Considering that they will all be in London.

West Ken is where the Russians are.
What were your few false starts, can you elaborate on that?

Not enormously relevant to this thread tbh. Stuff like kissing a guy at the end of term party, keeping in touch over the holidays and then getting glandular fever, freaking out, blaming him and avoiding him for an entire term. Having a bit of a fling with a friend but he didn't want a relationship as much as I did. Developing a hopeless crush on one of my coursemates and embarrassing myself horribly in front of him. Standard uni experience stuff really!

With the exception of one particularly unpleasant guy who I pulled in a club though, I mostly laid the blame for my failures on me rather than on men in general.
Probably not, no. Considering that they will all be in London.

West Ken is where the Russians are.

Its is more then that, you know he entertains me as a person. When i look at him i speak to him like a dog that should have been put down. Its priceless entertainment watching him try to string a conversation with someone.
He has never dated an ethnic woman (never mind another Indian/Pakistani). Guy is a cocunut, I seem to remember you even telling me about his racial 'preferences'.

Ironically, like me , he got rejected by his own race.

He liked a pakistani girl at one point, when he was playing cricket for the counties, but she rejected him.

Ironic considering people always go bang on that it is easier to date within your own race, when we haven't had any luck in doing so.
Malaysians have a clear inferiority complex. But it is weird, because whilst I think they know the Chinese nation is stronger as a country, they see it antagonistically. Whereas white people are seen as saviours that liberate them from Chinese aggression. Weird, just very weird.

This inferiority complex is exceptionally prevalent among the younger generation. This is reflected in Malaysia's increasingly high emigration rates and brain drain as the younger generation seek better lives elsewhere. Most cross the border to Singapore.

I guess that's only to be expected when you marginalise and pick on any race in any country.
Original post by Helenia
Not enormously relevant to this thread tbh. Stuff like kissing a guy at the end of term party, keeping in touch over the holidays and then getting glandular fever, freaking out, blaming him and avoiding him for an entire term. Having a bit of a fling with a friend but he didn't want a relationship as much as I did. Developing a hopeless crush on one of my coursemates and embarrassing myself horribly in front of him. Standard uni experience stuff really!

With the exception of one particularly unpleasant guy who I pulled in a club though, I mostly laid the blame for my failures on me rather than on men in general.

Well, you got more action then the OP, that is for sure.

OP would be lucky to hold a girl's hand at this rate.
Ironically, like me , he got rejected by his own race.

He liked a pakistani girl at one point, when he was playing cricket for the counties, but she rejected him.

Ironic considering people always go bang on that it is easier to date within your own race, when we haven't had any luck in doing so.

I don't see such women who blanket dismiss their own race as truly of our ethnicities. Their hearts are white, their souls sold out to whites. So, to me, they are effectively white women.

That first post...why??? Why?
I don't see such women who blanket dismiss their own race as truly of our ethnicities. Their hearts are white, their souls sold out to whites. So, to me, they are effectively white women.

It's just an odd situation.

You get 2 types of pakistani girls:

1) The western ones, who club, party etc
2) The more traditional ones, who don't drink etc

Now if you are a western pakistani guy, you obviously will relate to 1) more, rather than 2).

The trouble is, the girls in category one. Their racial preferences generally are white guys.

So if you go for the girls in category 2) they will want you to give up drinking and all that balava.

So you can't win.

Either way you are ****ed and end up dating liberal white women.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Seb_back2back
This inferiority complex is exceptionally prevalent among the younger generation. This is reflected in Malaysia's increasingly high emigration rates and brain drain as the younger generation seek better lives elsewhere. Most cross the border to Singapore.

I guess that's only to be expected when you marginalise and pick on any race in any country.

Singapore in my experience is much better for Chinese people. Lee Kuan Yew is a personal hero of mine, a real Hakka role model. The people afaik are much more comfortable with being associated with their Chinese past. Malays and Chinese Malays tend to be anti-Chinese. Not your fault that you're brainwashed to hate on your own.

Knew a Malaysian Chinese Dental student at Uni, he spoke of the crap his Dad faced as an ethnically Chinese dentist in Malaysia. Moved out of that country asap. Thankfully , he does not hate his Chinese origins.

They don't teach you any of the proud heritage China has. Only of the negatives such as it being seen as a bully. Ironically former western imperialists are seen as saviours, it's a warped way to teach history.
What's with these Elliot Rodger threads lately?
Original post by SophiaLDN
What's with these Elliot Rodger threads lately?

Help him Sophia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending