The Student Room Group

Guys: Smart girl or Hot girl?

Scroll to see replies

why can't it be both? Smart but not ridiculously smart where she sounds like she's quoting a textbook every 5 minutes & is good in social situations
(edited 9 years ago)
Neither. A mixture of both is required.
both
Original post by thechemistress
Awkward indeed :colonhash:

You gonna retract that statement? :wink:

In your case I will make an exception :smile:

tbf there are a few smart girls on here. I was mainly talking about in my area though :biggrin:

Original post by ApeMob
Something tells me you need a smart girl but desperately want a hot girl and end up with neither.

You'd think that, but I get my fair share. Read some of my other posts for clarification :yep:

Nice touch btw :wink:

Well you know what they say, or at least I say: I like my females like I like my males, androgynous <3
Reply 24
Both sound pretty **** tbf.

Who wants to have sex with a girlfriend they don't find attractive?
Who wants to have a conversation with a girlfriend about how much of your money she spent today?
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
guys which girl would you rather date?

The smart girl lack the look but is more intelligent and could have high order conversations.

the hot girl has the looks but isn't that smart, but all guys would be jelly of you holding such a 'perfect" women.

So which one would you choose?

SMART women! Definitely! Average looks, and smart girl!

Also, looks fade - quicker for girls than guys as well normally

Though this is TSR, so you might just get more people saying they like smart girls..
I'm a smart girl but literally all the guys I've known have only ever been interested in the fact I have a big arse. No exaggeration.
For one night stand: Hot girl. For girlfriend: Smart girl.
Original post by Eboracum
For one night stand: Hot girl. For girlfriend: Smart girl.

I want a hot girl as a gf because I could get all the guys jelly. Check op
Original post by Lightwave
So long as the smart girl is not hideous, I'd go for intelligence. I'd say women capable of high level conversations are rarer than hot women.

I might be misinterpreting you but that sounds a tad sexist...
Original post by RayApparently
I might be misinterpreting you but that sounds a tad sexist...

Not sexist at all, hot women are abundant, smart women are less so. The same probably goes for guys.
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
I want a hot girl as a gf because I could get all the guys jelly. Check op

I mean obviously, she's hot and intelligent, that would be preferable. But if it's a choice, then if we're talking long term I'd go intelligent. Somebody thick as two short planks would get on your nerves very quickly in a relationship if you were quite smart. My goal in life generally wouldn't be to make others jealous. I couldn't really give a damn what others think.
Original post by Top_Student97
Hey come on don't generalise, not all guys are like that..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said 'that I've known'. Of course not all guys are like that but more guys will say they'd prefer a smart girl but if it came down to it in reality it wouldn't be so much of a factor.
Not sexist at all, hot women are abundant, smart women are less so. The same probably goes for guys.

Huh, I always felt there were more smart people around than good looking people but that might just be me. Both are measured subjectively anyway so I guess its a non-issue.
Hermione Granger anyone?
(and Emma Watson too for that matter)
Original post by RayApparently
Huh, I always felt there were more smart people around than good looking people but that might just be me. Both are measured subjectively anyway so I guess its a non-issue.

I think my standards of intelligence are much higher than my standards of attractiveness. I would call very few people truly intelligent, whereas I'd call plenty more people very good looking.
I think my standards of intelligence are much higher than my standards of attractiveness. I would call very few people truly intelligent, whereas I'd call plenty more people very good looking.

That's what I suspected.

I open the other hand took 'high level conversations' to mean a reasonable but not wildly uncommon intellect whilst the level of attractiveness in question (based on OP's picture) seemed to be of a most rare sort. After all a girl would have to be pretty attractive to justify a intellectual standard that would make them boring.

(My misunderstanding most probably stemmed from a focus on the word 'conversations' rather than 'high level' as I only took a cursory glance. After all many people on TSR appear awfully sexist so its easy to leap to that conclusion.)
Reply 37
out of the 2 options i would choose hot girl, i don't mind if shes not smart, no big deal as long as shes nice.

Quick Reply

Latest