The Student Room Group

Most underrated food??

Scroll to see replies

Brussels ****ing sprouts. They're great and others not liking them means I get moar.
Original post by heavenlyphoto
food for me is a great pleasure, nothing beats experiencing new tastes. There are many popular foods, even to the point of being overrated for instance nandos or bacon.
There are also many foods that go almost unnoticed, but are nethertheless a taste sensation. I love to help broaden peoples palates. So please add to this list of underrated food.
Ill start with:
Olives
chorizo
mussles! (marinare, a,la creme, tomato etc etc)

smoked salmon :colondollar:
Reply 43
Original post by nemothefish19
Mushrooms!

I absolutely love mushrooms esp in risottos, soups, pastas, on pizzas, in toasties.....basically in any savoury dish.

But there seems to quite a few people who are not a fan and I just don't get why?!

Mushrooms are amazing!! Yay for mushrooms! :smile:
Olives
Dates
Salmon
Reply 45
Original post by rockrunride
Brussels ****ing sprouts. They're great and others not liking them means I get moar.

Most people don't like them because they've been boiled to death in loads of water. The less water you can use for cooking vegetables, the better.
Also cous cous. I'm amazed more people don't seem to use it given it's so easy, economical and versatile... Chickpeas don't get enough appreciation either.
Onions. They're so crunchy and delicious when they are shredded/diced and even more delicious when dipping into a sauce
I am addicted to coleslaw.
The fresh crunchiness of the carrots and cabbage and the flavourful dressing of heaven.

What's even nicer, though, is when it's served with beetroot! Mmm mmmmm.
Reply 49
Original post by 54together
I am addicted to coleslaw.
The fresh crunchiness of the carrots and cabbage and the flavourful dressing of heaven.

What's even nicer, though, is when it's served with beetroot! Mmm mmmmm.

Truckloads of mayo? :grin:
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Onions. They're so crunchy and delicious when they are shredded/diced and even more delicious when dipping into a sauce

You dip onion into sauce?
Original post by Wilfred Little
You dip onion into sauce?

Yes, but only when they're cut up. Not a whole onion :L
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Yes, but only when they're cut up. Not a whole onion :L

What sauce mate? Sounds intriguing, I won't try it, my eyes can't handle cut onions, probably need to get some goggles for when I chop them in fact.
What sauce mate? Sounds intriguing, I won't try it, my eyes can't handle cut onions, probably need to get some goggles for when I chop them in fact.

Cut in half and rinse in cold water - no more tears. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Cut in half and rinse in cold water - no more tears. :smile:

Thanks and will try, but won't it just sting my eyes once I chop them further? :confused:
Thanks and will try, but won't it just sting my eyes once I chop them further? :confused:

Shouldn't do as long as you use enough water and don't dry it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
salad in a sandwich, makes the meat in the bread even tastier
Caramelised onions and mushrooms with Parmesan is a love affair between heaven and food on the tip of my tongue.

Always nice with some chilli sauce
Sunflower seeds. Trust meeee.

Cadbury chocolate puddings (w/ Buttons is the best)

Gnocchi w/ Pesto.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest