The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zankyou no Terror is giving me that Death note vibe, I'm liking it :biggrin:.
Original post by Aiko
As I've mentioned before, given that you've rated Cross Game highly, you really need to watch Touch. It's probably Adachi's best because it captures his mastery of story telling, intertwining the essence of sport shounen with one of the best romances I've seen.

I'll add it to the list for my next downloading spree - I'm finally clearing the backlog of shows I got hold of during my Masters year (2010/11 :redface:), so I'll have room for some new things. :tongue:

*adds Basquash! to the list of awesome sport anime, because it's BASKETBALL WITH MECHS*
Reply 7182
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'll add it to the list for my next downloading spree - I'm finally clearing the backlog of shows I got hold of during my Masters year (2010/11 :redface:), so I'll have room for some new things. :tongue:

*adds Basquash! to the list of awesome sport anime, because it's BASKETBALL WITH MECHS*

You won't regret it. The characterisation is also brilliant. The development of the male lead being the most notable of this.

Aha, Basquash! was awesome. Really stylish anime too. I remember mouth watering at the background art.

Original post by Keoje
I thought it was one title ops :redface: I feel so out of this anime stuff these days :colondollar:

You need to get back into it! :sadnod:
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, same. It's the only things I consider buying these days. I agree that the soundtrack for Zankyou no Terror is beautiful. Although, the soundtrack I can't wait to get a hold of is Aldnoah Zero. It's by Hiroyuki Sawano, the composer that can do no wrong (responsible most recently for Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill). :yes:

Favourite OSTs are from Haibane Renmei, Steins;Gate, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Red Garden and Shiki. :colondollar:
Has anyone seen Nana?
Original post by HayleyChuu
Favourite OSTs are from Haibane Renmei, Steins;Gate, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Red Garden and Shiki. :colondollar:

Haibane Renmei's OST is one of only three I've actually bought (and is also one of my favourite series ever). :love:

The other two are Ichigo Mashimaro (not a great OST, but I liked the series, and it was being sold cheaply at an expo :p:) and .hack//SIGN (Yuki Kajiura~ The music was about the only thing I liked about the series).

Original post by Iamyourfather
Has anyone seen Nana?

Yes... fantastic series, but it needs a sequel/conclusion. :sadnod: Unlikely to happen while the manga is on hiatus, though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Haibane Renmei's OST is one of only three I've actually bought (and is also one of my favourite series ever). :love:

The other two are Ichigo Mashimaro (not a great OST, but I liked the series, and it was being sold cheaply at an expo :p:) and .hack//SIGN (Yuki Kajiura~ The music was about the only thing I liked about the series).

I LOVE Haibane Renmei. :colondollar::colondollar: It was such a beautiful anime there are literally no other words for it. It made me think a lot. More people need to watch it! I think a lot of people are put of cos the animation isn't the most beautiful thing ever.

Spoiler

Reply 7187

The soundtrack for Haibane Renmei was truly wonderful.

I was really impressed with the soundtrack for Steins;Gate because I was unfamiliar with the two composers behind it. After checking, they've done very little prior to this, so here's to hoping they'll offer more of the same in the future.

I can't really remember the soundtrack for Red Garden, if I'm honest. I just remember the characters going into song unexpectedly, but it was rather enchanting.

I've bought the soundtrack for Shiki as I really like Yasuharu Takanashi's work, especially for Naruto Shippuden but most recently for Log Horizon. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
The soundtrack for Haibane Renmei was truly wonderful.

I was really impressed with the soundtrack by Steins;Gate because I was unfamiliar with the two composers behind it. After checking, they've done very little prior to this, so here's to hoping they'll offer more of the same in the future.

I can't really remember the soundtrack for Red Garden, if I'm honest. I just remember the characters going into song unexpectedly, but it was rather enchanting.

I've bought the soundtrack for Shiki as I really like Yasuharu Takanashi's work, especially for Naruto Shuppuden but most recently for Log Horizon. :yes:

Haha glad you agree, Shiki's OSTs are really haunting I find. Beautiful at the same time though.

I love Higurashi's OSTs because they are some of the saddest and scariest I've heard. I am amazed at how scary they can make music. :colone::colondollar:
Reply 7189
Has anyone seen Nana?

Yes, easily one of my favourite shoujo series. The first opening is awesome. :smile:
Has anyone seen Nana?

Yup. Highly doubt it's going to continue considering it's been on hiatus since 2010. The mangaka herself admitted she might not return to it. :frown: quite sad really
[video="youtube_share;Bnok-rJOayo"]http://youtu.be/Bnok-rJOayo[/video]

Great music for bed time! :bunny:
I LOVE Haibane Renmei. :colondollar::colondollar: It was such a beautiful anime there are literally no other words for it. It made me think a lot. More people need to watch it! I think a lot of people are put of cos the animation isn't the most beautiful thing ever.

Spoiler

Oooh I've never seen that, but when I look at the animation is gives me a serial experiments lain sorta vibe.

I do remember Red Garden though, solely because it was so explicitly westernish that it stuck in mind lol. But I agree, the soundtrack was awesome.
Great music for bed time! :bunny:

I had that on my MP3 player for quite a long time (might still be on there, I can't remember). It always caught me off guard whenever it got randomly shuffled. :p:

If we're posting videos, my favourite insert track at the moment is probably:

*has rated Madlax's OST as his favourite for years; only found out it had a second OST last month* :redface:

Original post by Tai Ga
Oooh I've never seen that, but when I look at the animation is gives me a serial experiments lain sorta vibe.

They share the same character designer. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tai Ga

I do remember Red Garden though, solely because it was so explicitly westernish that it stuck in mind lol. But I agree, the soundtrack was awesome.

Yosh-itoshi Abe (had to put a dash otherwise his name would get *'d out) did the character designs for both anime. Which are both amazing. Obviously Lain's style is older cos it was made 4 years before Haibane Renmei.

And I agree, I loved Red Garden. I thought the animation was beautiful and the OSTs were really original. :rolleyes::cool:
Yosh-itoshi Abe (had to put a dash otherwise his name would get *'d out) did the character designs for both anime. Which are both amazing. Obviously Lain's style is older cos it was made 4 years before Haibane Renmei.

Have you seen NieA Under 7? It's another anime based on his works, and is by far the least known/talked about. Quite a bit more light-hearted than the likes of Lain and Haibane, but still thought provoking. :yes:
This thread makes me want to watch so many animes, my list is so long. Think i might go for Zankyou no Terror as well now :colondollar:
Have you seen NieA Under 7? It's another anime based on his works, and is by far the least known/talked about. Quite a bit more light-hearted than the likes of Lain and Haibane, but still thought provoking. :yes:

I haven't!
Currently looking it up on MAL. :colondollar::cool:

Also the song you posted reminds me of this a bit -

[video="youtube;I1Xnoj6uCoY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Xnoj6uCoY[/video]

But this is slighter sadder sounding I'd say.

And also reminds me a bit of this
...>
[video="youtube;o34N8kOnWq0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o34N8kOnWq0[/video]

:emog:
Original post by brownsugar-xx
This thread makes me want to watch so many animes, my list is so long. Think i might go for Zankyou no Terror as well now :colondollar:

Zankyou no Terror is amazing you definitely should watch it. ~~ :bunny:

Latest

Trending

Trending