The Student Room Group

Should i leave uni?

I've just finished a year but didn't enjoy my course and am meant to be starting law in September because I did a year at a level and really enjoyed it. But I don't know if its what I really want to do, last year I had no motivation and I don't want that to happen again. I have no idea what I want to do when I leave uni..I certainly don't want to be some high flying solicitor or lawyer. So I feel like my degree is pointless and im just doing it for the sake of it!

Im thinking of dropping out, taking some time to regroup while working part time and try and decide what I actually want to do and then If I do need a degree to do it, reapply to uni next year. I want to make the right choice but im so confused I have no idea what I should do :frown: helppppp
Reply 1
Original post by ashleighgreen88
I've just finished a year but didn't enjoy my course and am meant to be starting law in September because I did a year at a level and really enjoyed it. But I don't know if its what I really want to do, last year I had no motivation and I don't want that to happen again. I have no idea what I want to do when I leave uni..I certainly don't want to be some high flying solicitor or lawyer. So I feel like my degree is pointless and im just doing it for the sake of it!

Im thinking of dropping out, taking some time to regroup while working part time and try and decide what I actually want to do and then If I do need a degree to do it, reapply to uni next year. I want to make the right choice but im so confused I have no idea what I should do :frown: helppppp

Don't drop out. Get a grip instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helpful thanks.
Reply 3
If you don't want to have law as a career and won't enjoy the course, then don't do it! There is no point spending £9000/yr on something that you are not going to enjoy (and therefore won't do as well in). You need motivation to do well, and if you don't enjoy it, your motivation will be poor.

Find something you really enjoy that will give you career options that you want (i.e. a STEM degree) and go with that instead!
Reply 4
I think it is helpful, to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending