The Student Room Group

You find a £20 note on the street...

Poll

You find a £20 note on the street. Do you...

Do you:

Keep it

Hand it in at the nearest police station

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'd like to sound good and say I'd hand it in, but I'd probably keep it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I would not touch it.
Reply 3
Keep it probably
Keep it :biggrin:
Reply 6
It's such an insignificant amount of money that I would probably keep it. If I dropped £20 on the street I'd expect whoever found it to keep it...
Give it to charity.
It's a note. The owner most likely wouldn't get it back ever. I'd keep it.

Completely different from if it was a wallet, phone, USB stick etc etc in which case I would hand it in or 'trace' the person from the item and contact him/her.
Original post by Stinkum
I would not touch it.

Why not?
I'd devote the rest of my life to find the person who dropped it and return it to him.
Reply 11
Keep it
Defo keep it, unless it was tied to a wire or something.
Reply 13
I'd keep it and not feel even a single bit guilty about it.
Reply 14
Original post by Armadillo
Why not?

I don't need a £20 note that's lying on the ground in the street. I wouldn't give it a second look.

It's not a wise idea to pick something up that you find on the ground, no matter what that thing is.

If I found a £20 note dropped inside a room or within a building, I might take the opportunity (the operative word here being 'might') to hand it in to security personnel. Otherwise, I would ignore it. It's not worth the potential trouble that it may cause.
Original post by Stinkum
I don't need a £20 note that's lying on the ground in the street. I wouldn't give it a second look.

It's not a wise idea to pick something up that you find on the ground, no matter what that thing is.

If I found a £20 note dropped inside a room or within a building, I might take the opportunity (the operative word here being 'might') to hand it in to security personnel. Otherwise, I would ignore it. It's not worth the potential trouble that it may cause.

Have you been in a situation in the past where picking up a valuable item caused trouble? :smile:
Reply 16
Keep it
I'd definitely pick it up if it's just loose change. If it was a wallet I'd hand it in to the police. If it was loads of money I wouldn't touch it. That's either for a hidden camera show or it's drug money.
Original post by Stinkum

Can you give us examples of 'potential trouble'? Please tell me they involve drugs and gangsters.
A larger sum of money would be more ideal for this question, no one on earth is going to a police station to return £20, that is comical

Quick Reply

Latest