The Student Room Group

IS IT JUST ME or are women getting bigger these days?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think girls are getting taller.. I'm 5"9 and I tower above my friends! The majority of boys I've been with have been shorter than me, not by much, but still! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beckkkkkkky_
I don't think girls are getting taller.. I'm 5"9 and I tower above my friends! The majority of boys I've been with have been shorter than me, not by much, but still! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the height of the tallest girl in your school?
Well, statistically, average heights and weights are increasing all the time in developed countries. I doubt it happened overnight, though... Perhaps you just live in a particularly nordic/athletically-inclined area??
Original post by Aivicore
Well, statistically, average heights and weights are increasing all the time in developed countries. I doubt it happened overnight, though... Perhaps you just live in a particularly nordic/athletically-inclined area??

I live in a highly populated and ethnically diverse area... a 6'3 girl is NOT a rare sight...
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
I live in a highly populated and ethnically diverse area... a 6'3 girl is NOT a rare sight...

That does surprise me. I live in the centre of Manchester, and it's rare that I ever spot someone taller than me (I'm a 6'1 girl).

Maybe you have a case of Baader-Meinhof - I.e. Once you started to notice girls' heights, you become more aware of them and appear to encounter them more often.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aivicore
That does surprise me. I live in the centre of Manchester, and it's rare that I ever spot someone taller than me (I'm a 6'1 girl).

Maybe you have a case of Baader-Meinhof - I.e. Once you started to notice girls' heights, you become more aware of them and appear to encounter them more often.

Already 4-5 girls over 6 feet in this thread... obviously, I'm right
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
I'm a 6'1 guy

Could you please use the metric system? Come on, it's the 21st century, pull it together.
Original post by KrisCussans
Could you please use the metric system? Come on, it's the 21st century, pull it together.

185cm
Women just seem significantly HUGER these days... and strong too....

*I'm scared*
I've already seen 8 girls taller than me today! O_O

One of them was like 6'5. Her hand was as big as my torso

*bites nails*

Quick Reply

Latest