The Student Room Group

TSR has become a popularity contest

Scroll to see replies

Lol you don't actually know how people behave in real life.

And there's nothing actually wrong with people posting ama or random chat threads. Some people like them others don't. You don't have to click on the link etc.

And i don't think it's a popularity contest.
It's a forum, people post stuff. You can't be cool on a forum lol
Original post by de frescoco
x

:holmes: My old user bone is tickling.
Simmer down kiddo.
I find AMA threads interesting (if the person is interesting).
Original post by Maid Marian
I've never claimed to be 'entertaining' so I don't know where that's come out of.

Are you trying to get banned, or something? Cos if you want one then I could just call on one of bezzie mod mates to do it for you. :smile:

Absolutely pathetic , the femdom relationship between the subs and mods on this site makes me sick.
Original post by blueskyblue
Absolutely pathetic , the femdom relationship between the subs and mods on this site makes me sick.

Lmao, I was only joking. But he could just ask them himself if he wants a ban :lol:
Original post by Maid Marian
:holmes: My old user bone is tickling.
:lol: I had an old account a while ago but only posted for a bit. I usually just lurk.
Original post by anonymouspie227
Lol you don't actually know how people behave in real life.
I didn't say I do

And there's nothing actually wrong with people posting ama or random chat threads. Some people like them others don't. You don't have to click on the link etc.
I agree however, I am entitled to express my opinion in this thread, just like everyone else is. Personally I believe that some users make threads/post views that will make them stand out from the rest, they do this to be a 'TSR celebrity'. The worst thing is that a lot of users are inclined towards the herd mentality, thus they will boast about the most 'popular' users at the time to try and fit in. It's incredibly annoying and resembles playground behaviour.

And i don't think it's a popularity contest.
It's a forum, people post stuff. You can't be cool on a forum lol
Some people think they can be cool/celebs on here, that's the sad thing about it.

Replies in bold.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by King Leonidas
Replies in bold.

Lol i didn't say you couldn't express your opinion. I just think people take tsr too serious
Life's a popularity contest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol i didn't say you couldn't express your opinion. I just think people take tsr too serious

Lol this. I honestly don't understand why people get so annoyed by stuff on here. :lol:
Original post by de frescoco
:lol: I had an old account a while ago but only posted for a bit. I usually just lurk.

Oh cool :lol: :smile:

I didn't say you did say I couldn't express my opinions:smug:
People care far too much about the events that happen here.
Original post by King Leonidas
I didn't say you did say I couldn't express my opinions:smug:

touche
Original post by MrDystopia
People care far too much about the events that happen here.

It's all I got :cry:
Can't we all just get along?
I like how you said it's not a popularity contest, then proceeded to name three very popular users who you think are better than the others...
(edited 9 years ago)
I prefer the TSR as was.

Quick Reply

Latest