The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Getting all my stuff to uni

Hello, I plan to study at KCL in september and I am a bit concerned about moving into accommodation! I've put SSA and GDSA as my top two, are they easily accessible via car at all? I visited SSA and I wasn't sure how it would work. I'd rather not go on the train with a fair few boxes of stuff! Any advice ? :smile:
Original post by Book_club
Hello, I plan to study at KCL in september and I am a bit concerned about moving into accommodation! I've put SSA and GDSA as my top two, are they easily accessible via car at all? I visited SSA and I wasn't sure how it would work. I'd rather not go on the train with a fair few boxes of stuff! Any advice ? :smile:

I don't know about GDSA, however I know that SSA is easily accessible to get into the building.

That said, it being central London you may find that the traffic can be a bit of a nightmare. Are your parents driving you there? :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Slowbro93
I don't know about GDSA, however I know that SSA is easily accessible to get into the building.

That said, it being central London you may find that the traffic can be a bit of a nightmare. Are your parents driving you there? :smile:

Yeah :smile: if it's looking really tricky/expensive to drive we might get the train, but I'd personally prefer it if we drove!
Yeah :smile: if it's looking really tricky/expensive to drive we might get the train, but I'd personally prefer it if we drove!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you based within the UK?
Reply 4
If you don't mind me asking, where are you based within the UK?

Somerset, about 30 mins from Glastonbury
Somerset, about 30 mins from Glastonbury

Hmmm, see I would consider train but FGW on a Saturday morning may be a bit of a nightmare. I think driving would be your best bet in my honest opinion - better that then having to deal with the struggles of getting from Paddington to Waterloo!
Reply 6
Hmmm, see I would consider train but FGW on a Saturday morning may be a bit of a nightmare. I think driving would be your best bet in my honest opinion - better that then having to deal with the struggles of getting from Paddington to Waterloo!

My train from where I live does go straight to waterloo, so it wouldnt be a disaster if that happened but driving would be best :smile: do you know what the parking situation is?
My train from where I live does go straight to Waterloo, so it wouldn't be a disaster if that happened but driving would be best :smile: do you know what the parking situation is?

Oh few, panic over :tongue: I actually don't know what the parking situation is however once your place has been confirmed then you should get more information which would include parking I presume :smile:
Reply 8
Oh few, panic over :tongue: I actually don't know what the parking situation is however once your place has been confirmed then you should get more information which would include parking I presume :smile:

haha yeah :P yes :smile:
haha yeah :P yes :smile:

Parking will be possible in some form or other, worst case scenario would be you pulling up outside, dumping all your stuff on the pavement and then moving it in whilst a parent drove around to park the car :smile:
For SSA, there is a big private car park right nearby, it's pricy but pretty good as it's literally 1min down the road. Everyone I saw parked in there and walked over with their stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
For anyone travelling across the country I would recommend using uni baggage, they charge around £16.99 per 30 kilos and it means you can travel by train/bus/car and they can bring your stuff for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest