The Student Room Group

What watch is more appealing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by benzos
I like both steel straps and leather straps, was thinking about switching between them on a watch every few weeks.

Have you thought about getting an omega instead? Breitlings don't hold their values, even the limited edition ones I've read so it makes me think they're a less respected watch brand.

Yeah I like the speedmaster range.
Rolex watches hold their value really really well, and I do enjoy some of their models, but it's the image surrounding rolex that puts me off sadly.
Reply 21
Original post by C-Rooney
What makes you go for the tag?

I have one myself and I can assure you they are top quality and also the design in the picture you posted is slightly more appealing
Reply 22
Original post by Dilsz
I have one myself and I can assure you they are top quality and also the design in the picture you posted is slightly more appealing

Yeah I really do like the design of the grand carerra range.
Reply 23
I prefer the one on the right.
Tag any day of the week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prefer the first one.
The one on the left :smile:
Reply 27
omega speedmaster.
Reply 28
I think I'm going to go with the breitling, not the one above, but a similar model with a brown leather strap. If a patek were to fall out the sky and land on my wrist then I wouldn't complain... :mmm:
I think I'm going to go with the breitling, not the one above, but a similar model with a brown leather strap. If a patek were to fall out the sky and land on my wrist then I wouldn't complain... :mmm:

pics
Bro , go for the right one.
Reply 31
Original post by tehforum
pics

Maybe not everyone's taste but it does for me. Perhaps minus the white thread and possibly a brown dial. I'll see what they can do when I go into WOS, models tend to be very different online. Also, I have yet to try it on so my opinion may change.
Maybe not everyone's taste but it does for me. Perhaps minus the white thread and possibly a brown dial. I'll see what they can do when I go into WOS, models tend to be very different online. Also, I have yet to try it on so my opinion may change.

seriously, i know you're spending a lot of money, but its too flashy and gaudy for my tastes.
Reply 33
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Bro , go for the right one.

Yeah I'm definitely going for that although different model. Breitling for Bentley 6.75 speed.
Reply 34
seriously, i know you're spending a lot of money, but its too flashy and gaudy for my tastes.

They do look massive so I really do hope that doesn't put me off. The only other watch that I would buy would be a Patek, and we both know that is way out in terms of price range.
They do look massive so I really do hope that doesn't put me off. The only other watch that I would buy would be a Patek, and we both know that is way out in terms of price range.

it's not about the size.

it's the bezel, the stitching, the busy dial actually is worse than a rolex if you're looking to avoid the drug dealer vibe.
Reply 36
it's not about the size.

it's the bezel, the stitching, the busy dial actually is worse than a rolex if you're looking to avoid the drug dealer vibe.

I plan on getting a plain brown leather without stitching, I'll see once I actually view it in person. If you could have any watch, flash or whatever, what watch would it be?
I plan on getting a plain brown leather without stitching, I'll see once I actually view it in person. If you could have any watch, flash or whatever, what watch would it be?

Omega Speedmaster/IWC/Patek
What about a Patek Philippe?
Reply 39
Original post by EatAndRevise
What about a Patek Philippe?

I can only dream mate. Patek would set me back way more than 6-7k.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending