The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chopinfan

What subjects is everyone feeling most/least confident about? If only English wasn't going to ruin my results :dry:

English is going to be dodgy. I think I may have managed to scrape a B hopefully. Politics and Psychology I 100% got A's in. Philosophy is definitely at least a B.
Original post by NinetyOne
English is going to be dodgy. I think I may have managed to scrape a B hopefully. Politics and Psychology I 100% got A's in. Philosophy is definitely at least a B.

i agree english is the iffy one, it just depends on the marker sometimes whether they like your particular piece of writing/essay that you have expressed, im not sure how i done in that either it really just is one of them things.
the 2014 higher philosophy paper is also up😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mathsisannoying
dont worry, its not only you that found that maths paper annoyingly difficult im pretty sure loads of people are there with you, including me !!! :smile:

Glad it's not only me :smile:. My maths teacher did say it was more difficult than a lot he's seen in the past... Planning on doing advanced higher too :redface:!
English is also an awful one for me. It's totally volatile anything could happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by chopinfan
Can't believe it's only 9 days until results day, holidays have gone past so quickly and all I've done is watch countless films :biggrin: I'll be staying up until I get the email, won't make any difference to my normal sleep pattern anyway haha.

What subjects is everyone feeling most/least confident about? If only English wasn't going to ruin my results :dry:

I'll be glad to have the wait for results over with for another year, it's a distressing couple of months :frown:

I feel completely fine about human bio and French, I found those papers really good - besides those two however I have no idea what to expect. English was okayish, I didn't get to write on the texts I'd hoped to but overall it wasn't too bad. The last two questions of the maths paper were a nightmare but I'm really hoping I did well enough in the rest to manage an A. I hated history though - the essay questions weren't the best for me and I've always sucked at the source analysis paper so I'm not expecting that to pull my grade up much...I'll just have to wait and see I guess :s-smilie:
Getting nearer and nearer only 8 days now ! :smile:
Wow, this is tense! By curiosity, did anyone do the RMPS exam? How did you think it went?
I did National 5's this year. The exams overall were average (what I suspected), however, I did National 4 English.
I am hoping for 5 A's at least. But I think I have got B's.
How hard was the English exam this year (national 5)?
I did Nat's 5 this year. However, I not nervous about failing, I am nervous about not getting all A's as I wasted my time if so :/.
I'm at the point where I think I've stopped caring about what I get for English and Chemistry because I hated them both so much. I think I might have scraped an A for Chemistry, but probably a B, and I'm afraid I've ended up with a C for English which will kind of suck because I started to do quite well up until the exam where I couldn't write on any of the texts I wanted to because of the questions.

But hey-ho, got a plan and a back-up plan. Only need AAAA/AAABB for the main plan or AABB.ABBBB for the back up so hopefully it'll be okay :/
I have absolutely no idea how I did in the National 5 English exam. I feel as if I done quite well. I failed the prelim so badly and ended up getting 41%:s-smilie: but I revised so much for the final exam so I'm really hoping for a B but an A would also be nice because I revised so much.
Original post by ashleymacleod
I have absolutely no idea how I did in the National 5 English exam. I feel as if I done quite well. I failed the prelim so badly and ended up getting 41%:s-smilie: but I revised so much for the final exam so I'm really hoping for a B but an A would also be nice because I revised so much.

Don't worry about it, I'm sure you did fine! As my favourite English teacher always said, "there's no point worrying about the exam after you've sat it." I admit I am a ball of stress right now, though. :wink:

English was always hit and miss with me. I'd either get an A or a D, no in between. I ended up with the second highest grade in fifth year. You always push yourself more in the final exam though. With the added revision I'm sure you'll have gotten at least a B. :smile:
Do your school get sent the breakdown of your marks or just the grade and bands?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Do your school get sent the breakdown of your marks or just the grade and bands?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure they get the overall percentage/mark as well as the percentage/mark in each separate section.
Original post by SerLorasTyrell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Breakdown of marks. So, for example, in chemistry, they will get your marks for multi choice, written section and investigation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
Breakdown of marks. So, for example, in chemistry, they will get your marks for multi choice, written section and investigation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ecasx
Pretty sure they get the overall percentage/mark as well as the percentage/mark in each separate section.

Thanks guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Just seen the SQA have put up some of the Nat 5 marking schemes.. That could mean highers and advanced highers are coming soon. Ahh!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lala4
Just seen the SQA have put up some of the Nat 5 marking schemes.. That could mean highers and advanced highers are coming soon. Ahh!

some higher/adv highers are already up!! the marking schemes are however sometimes not there which is a bit annoying :/
I am not looking forward to receiving my grades.
Original post by EatAndRevise
I am not looking forward to receiving my grades.

So you'd rather not know? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending