The Student Room Group

21st Birthday! What Did You/Are You Going To Do?

Need ideas :gah:

Scroll to see replies

We went to St Davids in Pembrokeshire for my 21st. You could throw a party or pub crawl or bowling. Depends on you and friends/family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I didn't do anything, I don't care much for birthdays.
Reply 3
Original post by donutaud15
We went to St Davids in Pembrokeshire for my 21st. You could throw a party or pub crawl or bowling. Depends on you and friends/family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, that sounds fun! :smile:

It's not actually till January, lol, but I'm kind of panicking because I'm moving to Birmingham (for work) in a couple of months, and as I'll be celebrating there (my birthday is right after the holidays end!) I'm not sure how many new friends I'll have made in just a few months. My friends live all over the place ATM, though my besties and family will be coming up ofc :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ldsbabe
I didn't do anything, I don't care much for birthdays.

Interesting, how come? :smile:
Reply 5
Meal with family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by gemmam
Meal with family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, cool :smile: Did you want to do something more "grown up"?
I'm going to Amsterdam with some friends :h:
Reply 8
Original post by Precious Illusions
I'm going to Amsterdam with some friends :h:

That's so cool! Have fun, and Happy Birthday in advance :biggrin:

I really want to go to America (there's a Contiki trip going at the same time as my birthday) but none of my friends can afford it :frown: Not sure if I should just have dinner or something with home friends/family and then go on the trip solo or what (you can meet other people on the trip and people often go solo).
Reply 9
I had mine last yr :tongue:

I had a beach party :woo: in the day, then fancy dinner in evening, and clubbed till almost sunrise next morning.
Reply 10
Original post by ApeMob
I had mine last yr :tongue:

I had a beach party :woo: in the day, then fancy dinner in evening, and clubbed till almost sunrise next morning.

Omg that sounds amazing :gah:

Are you from somewhere outside the UK? (Guessing based on the beach party) :tongue:

Clubbing till sunrise is most definitely on the cards! :thumbsup:
Original post by Dehydrated
That's so cool! Have fun, and Happy Birthday in advance :biggrin:

I really want to go to America (there's a Contiki trip going at the same time as my birthday) but none of my friends can afford it :frown: Not sure if I should just have dinner or something with home friends/family and then go on the trip solo or what (you can meet other people on the trip and people often go solo).

Thank you ya thirsty bastard! :tongue:

Oh that sucks :frown: I would suggest something in Europe tbh as it's pretty easy for others to get to for a weekend/ afford. My closest friend are planning like South of France/Berlin. If you have like 4+ People you can rent an appartment for cheap ^.^
Reply 12
Original post by Precious Illusions
Thank you ya thirsty bastard! :tongue:

Oh that sucks :frown: I would suggest something in Europe tbh as it's pretty easy for others to get to for a weekend/ afford. My closest friend are planning like South of France/Berlin. If you have like 4+ People you can rent an appartment for cheap ^.^

Hahaha, that's the only reason I chose this username :five: The word "thirsty" has gone a lot around TSR lately! :tongue:

It's just generally a bad time to have a birthday TBH (middle of January), so I don't think my friends will be able to come travelling with me at all as some of them work weekends etc. and we'll be lucky if we can all have a full day off :frown: Will definitely go clubbing/have a meal at least, though.

I did kind of want to go round America (the trip stops off in Las Vegas which would be fun after just turning 21)! but I suppose maybe we can do that some other time. Not sure if I'd want to do that solo and then do something small with home friends or not?
Reply 13
Omg that sounds amazing :gah:

Are you from somewhere outside the UK? (Guessing based on the beach party) :tongue:

Clubbing till sunrise is most definitely on the cards! :thumbsup:

I'm from Venice Beach, California! :shades:
And honestly I'd say make it an all day thing, like a hen/bachelorette party meets prom night. That's how I do it.
Reply 14
Original post by ApeMob
And honestly I'd say make it an all day thing, like a hen/bachelorette party meets prom night. That's how I do it.

Cool place to be from! Do you even have cold winters? :tongue:

Yeah, I might do that. It's on a Sunday so hopefully no-one will be busy.
Reply 15
Cool place to be from! Do you even have cold winters? :tongue:

Yeah, I might do that. It's on a Sunday so hopefully no-one will be busy.

A Sunday? :curious: Homegirl, no, don't do that!?

Lol no honey not a Sunday. A Friday night hangover to Saturday or Sat night hangover to Sunday. I mean it's Summer but Sunday is never a fun day lol But that's just my advice :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by ApeMob
A Sunday? :curious: Homegirl, no, don't do that!?

Lol no honey not a Sunday. A Friday night hangover to Saturday or Sat night hangover to Sunday. I mean it's Summer but Sunday is never a fun day lol But that's just my advice :biggrin:

Yeah, maybe Saturday :tongue: Or the Friday night would work, I want it to be in the same week. Don't fancy going to church with a birthday-girl hangover :lol:
Reply 17
God knows to be honest, it'll probably be a day trip or something to somewhere :tongue:

Original post by ApeMob

I'm feeling quite jealous right now :redface:
Reply 18
Yeah, maybe Saturday :tongue: Or the Friday night would work, I want it to be in the same week. Don't fancy going to church with a birthday-girl hangover :lol:

Lol
and the weather depends on location, but winters are 30F and summers over 100 typically.
I got taken on a suprise weekend break to prague for my 21st went segwaying, went to bar where a woman had her baps out for absolutely no reason and witnessed a lesbian lap dance in the middle of a bar while I was eating my dinner got absolutely smashed with some americans, a japanese person & dutch person was pretty random but will remember it for the rest of my life

Quick Reply

Latest