The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ApeMob
Op Op OP :nah: Only covert racists are quick to cry reverse discrimination :giggle:

First off

Muslim is a religion

a very adverse religion clearly, as they are getting marched against and beaten up just for being Muslim (not that they are all that innocent either, but let's think from different perspectives for a second, though chance would be a fine thing :dry:). Anyway if you practiced a religion that you are devoted to while knowing that there are people who overtly and covertly hate you and are trying to destroy mosques and have been reported for attacking people of this faith, you'd want only followers of your religion around you as well.

As far as race

since no race has every member of it practicing the same religion

not letting people in for their race is too broad and will be seen as discrimination because there is no warranted reason to fear a whole broad group of people; think of all the different lifestyles, religions, cultures, values... in one race.

Protecting a religion is far more crucial than a race. So it's not discrimination, it's being loyal to a religion, only a religious person would understand that :fan:.

That's just from the perspective of the people who put up that sign if they are Muslims and not a prank.

Now from an outsider's perspective

**** THAT! :biggrin:

It is discrimination, it is also unlawful and you can be taken to court for it.
Original post by TheAnusFiles
You aren't winding me up. I just noticed that you are one of these users with some fancy name like 'Ventrilus Bartholemew' or something else pseudo-intelligent, and a picture that suggests class, but when you actually talk to them it's like debating with the Graun's Comment Is Free section.
I really am, but Three Mile Sprint has asked me politely to stop.

So I will stop.

For the record I fully agree with your premi and your views.
Have a good one!
Original post by Zen Baphomet
But it's so fun.....

He's notoriously bad for not realizing when he is been taken for a ride or wound up.

It's not fun if it's easy, it's like playing darts with a blind guy..stop it.

Edit:Nevermind, you stopped it.
People get so damn butt hurt over the stupidest things. WAAAAH they didnt include me in the ad now I'm discriminated against. Now im facing a racial attack. Help me. Im so left out. eugh IDIOTS. Surely youre smart enough to figure exactly why they put up that sign as it doesnt take a genius
Reply 144
Original post by DiddyDec
It is discrimination, it is also unlawful and you can be taken to court for it.

Granted. But they have a point trying to protect their people AND it is not the same thing as racial discrimination it just...isn't. Nothing will ever amount to that. Nothing :smile:
I really am, but Three Mile Sprint has asked me politely to stop.

So I will stop.

For the record I fully agree with your premi and your views.
Have a good one!

Original post by Three Mile Sprint
He's notoriously bad for not realizing when he is been taken for a ride or wound up.

I wasn't wound up. I just disagreed with your point of view.

Effectively what you did was pretend to hold a different (yet moderate) view to mine, disagreed with me, and then revealed in fact that our discussion was pointless to your great amusement.

I have been behind (and privy to) some great trolling on here, but that wasn't it. That was just weird and a bit boring.

The other thing is that (not in this case) but usually I am only ever semi-serious on here myself. Does my username or picture (google Purple Aki) suggest that I take this whole thing very seriously?
(edited 9 years ago)
I wasn't wound up. I just disagreed with your point of view.

I think your misunderstanding the meaning of the term, I wasn't implying you were getting agitated or annoyed.
It implied that I was trolling you/winding you up.

Maybe it's a Northern Phrase , I'unno.

Effectively what you did was pretend to hold a different (yet moderate) view to mine, disagreed with me, and then revealed in fact that our discussion was pointless to your great amusement.

I have been behind (and privy to) some great trolling on here, but that wasn't it. That was just weird and a bit boring.

Even now, so dry and rationalizing.
Let loose, post a silly picture.

Edit: Though I am glad that you think my Avi and Name hint at Culture.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ApeMob
Granted. But they have a point trying to protect their people AND it is not the same thing as racial discrimination it just...isn't. Nothing will ever amount to that. Nothing :smile:

Their people? What?
I think your misunderstanding the meaning of the term, I wasn't implying you were getting agitated or annoyed.
It implied that I was trolling you/winding you up.

Maybe it's a Northern Phrase , I'unno.

Even now, so dry and rationalizing.

Let loose, post a silly picture.

You post a picture of a Quran being burnt on twitter. Hell breaks loose. Death threats are issued. Said Quran turns out to be a copy of Harry Potter. That is trolling/a wind up.

Going on Stormfront and saying that you accidentally got an Indian girl pregnant. That is funny.

I just don't get what the point of that was? Trolling is only funny when someone gets pissed off, not when they disagree with your position
(edited 9 years ago)
You post a picture of a Quran being burnt on twitter. Hell breaks loose. Death threats are issued. Said Quran turns out to be a copy of Harry Potter. That is trolling/a wind up.

That sounds Tim Minchin related.

I just don't get what the point of that was? Trolling is only funny when someone gets pissed off, not when they disagree with your position

For you maybe, I don't need to revel in other peoples anger...that's just...weird.
Maybe your right, maybe I am cultured , a very polite, reserved kind of troll the kind that likes a nice long story, maybe looks at etchings by candlelight.

Probably not though, I was more than likely just bored and wanted to take the other side in an argument just for the sake of having an argument.

Go with whichever one you like.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Three Mile Sprint

Ah Mr. Convert...

Actually it's more like squirting someone with a water gun... at a swimming pool...

As for myself, all I seem to do is wind religious people up on here.
(edited 9 years ago)
That sounds Tim Minchin related.

For you maybe, I don't need to revel in other peoples anger...that's just...weird.
Maybe your right, maybe I am cultured , a very polite, reserved kind of troll the kind that likes a nice long story, maybe looks at etchings by candlelight.

Probably not though, I was more than likely just bored and wanted to take the other side in an argument just for the sake of having an argument.

Go with whichever one you like.

Whatever. Have a nice evening.
Whatever. Have a nice evening.

You too!
Ah Mr. Convert...

Actually it's more like squirting someone with a water gun... at a swimming pool...

I don't think that's his name.
I don't think that's his name.

*revert
*revert

He seems like a "Price" or a "Clifford"
He seems like a "Price" or a "Clifford"

Ah, one of these Eat Sleep Love types then
Original post by ApeMob

So you are saying it is ok to discriminate on the grounds of religion?
Ah, one of these Eat Sleep Love types then

This is surreal.
Original post by DiddyDec
So you are saying it is ok to discriminate on the grounds of religion?

Yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending