The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deshi

This is Jovetic and Lamela's year, I can feel it

I'm inclined to agree with you, I just think Eriksen + Dzeko at 0.5 more is just safer.

If I had the money for Eriksen it'd be a 50/50 with Lamela.
Reply 401
Original post by little_wizard123
I'm inclined to agree with you, I just think Eriksen + Dzeko at 0.5 more is just safer.

If I had the money for Eriksen it'd be a 50/50 with Lamela.

Eriksen was in my original draft, but I've read that Lamela has had a very good pre-season so far, will see how he does for the rest of it.

I was unsure about Jovetic's game time but following Pellegrini's comment I feel like he'll get some good time
Original post by Deshi
Eriksen was in my original draft, but I've read that Lamela has had a very good pre-season so far, will see how he does for the rest of it.

I was unsure about Jovetic's game time but following Pellegrini's comment I feel like he'll get some good time

Yeah, Lamela scored a coupe of goals playing in the number 10 role in pre-season, although I expect Eriksen to get that place in the league.

But I would, personally, only take one of Jovetic or Lamela. Both seem good punts, what with Lamela's only opposition Townsend ( :lol: ) and Negredo injured and Aguero unfit. Think I'll just wait on them both for now.
Original post by Louis.
They won't change until after the first game is played

Thanks, I didn't think so. I'm struggling to pick strikers. Got Sturridge, Giroud and Agbonlahor.

Decent or can i do better?
Original post by Vintage
Thanks, I didn't think so. I'm struggling to pick strikers. Got Sturridge, Giroud and Agbonlahor.

Decent or can i do better?

Don't pick Agbonlahor. If you pick a Villa striker, pick the central one. Kozak if he's fit, or Bent.
Can't decide between Giroud and Dzeko. Not sure who will get more game time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
Can't decide between Giroud and Dzeko. Not sure who will get more game time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

surely Giroud will get more time?

Unless aresnal buy another striker, he is still their main man upfront (depressingly) - sure sanchez can play there, but he wont be 1st choice..

Dzeko's competition for the place seems much tougher though..

(not that this means giroud would get more points...)
First time i have tried to semi-serrious look at making a team this season...

(This will probably all change though, as it was made quickly without looking at the teams fixtures..)

De Gea - Mannone

Luis - Gibbs - Davies - Lovren - Clyne

Ramsey - Sterling - Mata - Sigurdsson - Albrighton

Lukaku* - Giroud - Dzeko

*Presuming he moves to everton

No where near even 50% confident about it.. as avoiding some of the obvious picks, especially for strikers/midfielders, seems far to risky for the first few weeks.. (Rooney/RVP/Aguaro/Hazard/Yaya/Sanchez/Fabregas etc)

Quite happy with goalkeepers though, and the cheaper side of things, defense seems ok to me - high hopes for spurs to have a good defense with their new boss.. and lovren at liverpool seems like a good prospect. Clyne has also lost his chambers as competition so liking him.. - not 100% on luis and gibbs though, (for gibbs because he tends to be injury prone)
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys quick question. Costa or giroud??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Suarez's Handlers, gone for a strong attack/defence, with my cheaper midfield hopefully defying expectations. Might have to balance it out a bit before the season starts though...

Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both! :tongue:
Original post by fallen_acorns
surely Giroud will get more time?

Unless aresnal buy another striker, he is still their main man upfront (depressingly) - sure sanchez can play there, but he wont be 1st choice..

Dzeko's competition for the place seems much tougher though..

(not that this means giroud would get more points...)

Why wont Sanchez be first choice? He is a striker and they paid €42.5m for hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deshi

Trouble is, no matter how well you're playing at city as a forward you will always be subject to rotation. Especially if this Falcao rubbish turns out to be true.

Negredo hit some crappy form but he's a more physical than technical player and while some players loose their first touch or anticipation over time, Negredo hasn't lost his strength and power. He will be back scoring goals, as will Aguero and Dzeko.
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what you'd do with the extra 2mil if you got Giroud.

Original post by King Hotpie
Suarez's Handlers, gone for a strong attack/defence, with my cheaper midfield hopefully defying expectations. Might have to balance it out a bit before the season starts though...

You're midfield does suffer a bit with such a huge defence and forwards! Massive back four/five :biggrin: You could probably save a lot of money from trimming down your bench to invest in your mids.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Why wont Sanchez be first choice? He is a striker and they paid €42.5m for hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile

his best and prefered position is on the wing?

Seen no indication that he will start infront of giroud at the moment..

Would expect something like

Walcott - Ozil - Sanchez

With giroud infront..

(if all fit)
After hearing the latest Southampton transfer news, i'm so tempted to do this when the teams update.

Reply 415
Original post by sr90
After hearing the latest Southampton transfer news, i'm so tempted to do this when the teams update.

why?
Original post by sr90

Could have had 6 Liverpool players for the start of the season if you'd done it right.
Original post by Qari
why?

I think they are all ex Saints or potential ex saints.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Flippe luis and giroud OR costa and wisdom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 419
If you don't have Sigurdsson in your midfield, you're doing it wrong.

Quick Reply