The Student Room Group

GCSE Student Chat thread MK IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
What's better: The duck or the pony? :sly: :tongue:

Awesome, thanks! :biggrin: Yeah, just the IGCSE/ GCSE ones should do for now :awesome: So did you take all units or...? :smile:

You're welcome :h: :hugs:

We're creating the stuff but we'll need the Study Helpers (and the community's) amazing help too on the day, and perhaps before to help us prepare things :wink:
It's back to that is it, the pony of course :tongue: Sorry usy :colone:

Unit 1 for citizenship, not sure about Lit, we did a piece of coursework and then paper 1 only (there are 2 papers)

Gonna mention it in the Study Helper private forum? Someone on the Year 10 thread asked what results from exams people are waiting for, can have a look at that, a few replied :yep:
Got some free wifi in a bar, thanks to both mods for their time and efforts on the awards! Me and Ben twins and most likely to become an Olympian; ta for the votes guys, 2nd funniest I'll take that too! Hope everyone's enjoying their summer so far:smile:
Original post by jshep000
Got some free wifi in a bar, thanks to both mods for their time and efforts on the awards! Me and Ben twins and most likely to become an Olympian; ta for the votes guys, 2nd funniest I'll take that too! Hope everyone's enjoying their summer so far:smile:

Sheep!
Where are you holidaying?
Original post by thechemistress
Sheep!
Where are you holidaying?

America since the 19th back on 7th! You going anywhere on holiday?
Original post by jshep000
America since the 19th back on 7th! You going anywhere on holiday?

No :frown: Staying in boring England :/
No :frown: Staying in boring England :/

aw have fun none the less!!:smile:
Original post by itsRochana
Hahahaahah :lol: those tinychat days

I feel left out, lol.
Reply 1547
Is anyone doing the EPQ when they start Sixth Form?
Original post by Sulfur

Yep
Reply 1549
Yep

I'm going to do it :smile: Are you going to be doing it on Chemistry by any chance? :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sulfur
I'm going to do it now :smile: Are you going to be doing it on Chemistry by any chance? :tongue:

What, right now? At this very moment? :tongue:
I'm not entirely sure yet, still thinking of ideas. I was considering something on dark matter/dark energy but I don't know yet xD I'm basically brainstorming during the summer xD How about you?
Reply 1551
I'm not entirely sure yet, still thinking of ideas. I was considering something on dark matter/dark energy but I don't know yet xD I'm basically brainstorming during the summer xD How about you?

I've just edited my post for that reason - that 'now' made it seem like I was actually doing it, NOW. Nope I meant that I've now decided to take it :smile:.

I'm still thinking too, I want to do it about Medicine because I think it'll help make up for my non-existent extra-curricular activities (or at least none that are worth mentioning :tongue:). I haven't got a title yet - does it have to be a question or can it be a statement/investigation?

And bloody hell, that does seem interesting!
Original post by Sulfur
I've just edited my post for that reason - that 'now' made it seem like I was actually doing it, NOW. Nope I meant that I've now decided to take it :smile:.

I'm still thinking too, I want to do it about Medicine because I think it'll help make up for my non-existent extra-curricular activities (or at least none that are worth mentioning :tongue:). I haven't got a title yet - does it have to be a question or can it be a statement/investigation?

And bloody hell, that does seem interesting!

Ah, okay, that makes more sense :tongue:

At last! I have met somebody like me! A (potentially) future medic with a lack of ECs! What area of medicine are you considering for your EPQ?
I'm not sure actually. We had an EPQ exhibition at school and it seemed to be a mixture of the two, from what I could see.

Yeah, astrophysics fascinates me :biggrin:
Reply 1553
Ah, okay, that makes more sense :tongue:

At last! I have met somebody like me! A (potentially) future medic with a lack of ECs! What area of medicine are you considering for your EPQ?
I'm not sure actually. We had an EPQ exhibition at school and it seemed to be a mixture of the two, from what I could see.

Yeah, astrophysics fascinates me :biggrin:

:woo: We are a very rare species it seems. Everyone that wants to do Medicine seems to be the champion of Tennis, or Volleyball... or the chess champion for a hundred years running.

I have absolutely no idea yet, maybe something general as of now. I've always liked the idea of doing something on cardiology, or laparoscopic surgery vs open surgery but I think that I may be complicating things. There's so many areas though. :biggrin:
Original post by Sulfur
:woo: We are a very rare species it seems. Everyone that wants to do Medicine seems to be the champion of Tennis, or Volleyball... or the chess champion for a hundred years running.

I have absolutely no idea yet, maybe something general as of now. I've always liked the idea of doing something on cardiology, or laparoscopic surgery vs open surgery but I think that I may be complicating things. There's so many areas though. :biggrin:

Haha, exactly :tongue: It's crazy. Do you play any sports or instruments? xD
I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge if I do decide to go for medicine as they're a lot more academic and don't really give a crap about extracurriculars, which suits me fine :biggrin:

Yeah, that's one of the good things about medicine- it's got so many different specialities and branches
Well, if you do decide to do laparoscopy vs open, you can interview me. I've had both :wink:
I just found out a few days ago that Macklemore was coming to the Reading and Leeds festival (near me) and I wanted to buy a ticket, but.... It was all sold out. Fml, lol. I wanted to be in the crowd singing with the crowd saying 'Ohh, he got the velcros' orr 'Mom I touched the net!' Lol. The feels, lol.
Original post by AngelPhys
I just found out a few days ago that Macklemore was coming to the Reading and Leeds festival (near me) and I wanted to buy a ticket, but.... It was all sold out. Fml, lol. I wanted to be in the crowd singing with the crowd saying 'Ohh, he got the velcros' orr 'Mom I touched the net!' Lol. The feels, lol.

The feels of getting left out! Mommyyy :frown:!! Lol.
Reply 1557
Haha, exactly :tongue: It's crazy. Do you play any sports or instruments? xD
I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge if I do decide to go for medicine as they're a lot more academic and don't really give a crap about extracurriculars, which suits me fine :biggrin:

Yeah, that's one of the good things about medicine- it's got so many different specialities and branches
Well, if you do decide to do laparoscopy vs open, you can interview me. I've had both :wink:

Absolutely nothing.

That's the best thing about higher ranking Universities - they don't mind, in a way they're more lenient about everything (except the entry requirements...). Why can't more Universities be like this, it's not as if not doing any extra-curricular activities means that you won't be a good Doctor? It's ridiculous.

Damn nice :wink: (in an interesting-academic way). That'd be great to actually have someone that's had both types of surgery done, it gives a great perspective. Jeeze though, it's must've be horrible to go through surgery at a young age :s-smilie:
Original post by Sulfur

(In danger of sounding like an idiot, which as it happens I am) What is an EPQ? :P
Reply 1559
Original post by Asciant
(In danger of sounding like an idiot, which as it happens I am) What is an EPQ? :P

(E)xtended (P.)roject (Q)ualification :smile:

You basically choose a title or so about something that you're passionate about, research it, write an introduction, conclusion about your study and an evaluation of your research/study. Imagine it as a very mini-thesis (about 1000-5000 words depending on what you do).

For example, you could do something on 'The benefits of Scotland being part of the UK' or something on the World Cup etc, it's an endless possibility.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest