The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
So you are saying it is ok to discriminate on the grounds of religion?

Yes.
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
This is surreal.

Sometimes the surreal is just as real as the real mate, sometimes even more real than the real
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Yes.

So you wouldn't find seeing job adverts with "no Muslims" on them or shops with "Only Sikhs"?
lol muslims just keep pushing people limits. i wander when the backlash is gonna start.
Reply 164
So you are saying it is ok to discriminate on the grounds of religion?

Did I ever say those words? I say exactly what I mean so take it for what I say and don't conveniently edit or omit anything in the process.

I literally said thinking from their perspective, and then I added from an outsider of the religion's perspective. If that doesn't do it I don't know what could buddy :nope: I am simply rationalizing to cut down the hysteria and allegations.
Original post by Mick.w
lol muslims just keep pushing people limits. i wander when the backlash is gonna start.

Hah!
What do you mean "start"?

It's been going on for over a decade.
Original post by Zen Baphomet
Hah!

I've never seen it
Original post by ApeMob
Did I ever say those words? I say exactly what I mean so take it for what I say and don't conveniently edit or omit anything in the process.

I literally said thinking from their perspective, and then I added from an outsider of the religion's perspective. If that doesn't do it I don't know what could buddy :nope: I am simply rationalizing to cut down the hysteria and allegations.

You didn't say those word, that is why it is a question and not an accusation. You say they are trying to protect their people. What are they protecting them from, our evil western ways?
Original post by TheAnusFiles
I've never seen it

So you think groups like the EDL aren't a form of Backlash against the actions of Muslims?

The rampant anti-islamic tendency's and feelings of aggression among the working classes, the horrendous Media bias?
So you wouldn't find seeing job adverts with "no Muslims" on them or shops with "Only Sikhs"?

Personally no, I think the individual has a right to employ or associate with whoever he likes for whatever reason.

Private buisnesses at least, state or national/government agencies should be impartial and non discriminatory.
Hah!

no this is just foreplay.

its just extremists at the moment.

when the moderates on both sides are turned to take action rather than let the militant minority do it for them thats when your gonna get some northern ireland, idi amin uganda, yugoslavia type stuff.
So you think groups like the EDL aren't a form of Backlash against the actions of Muslims?

The rampant anti-islamic tendency's and feelings of aggression among the working classes, the horrendous Media bias?

Dunno mate never seen the EDL myself.

Never seen any of the other stuff you mentioned either
Original post by Mick.w
no this is just foreplay.

its just extremists at the moment.

when the moderates on both sides are turned to take action rather than let the militant minority do it for them thats when your gonna get some northern ireland, idi amin uganda, yugoslavia type stuff.

i.e. when this

becomes this

I've pointed this out myself but no-one, least of all Muslims, seem bothered.
(edited 9 years ago)
Dunno mate never seen the EDL myself.

Never seen any of the other stuff you mentioned either

Oh...well this is awkward.

Right, you are then.
Reply 174
You didn't say those word, that is why it is a question and not an accusation. You say they are trying to protect their people. What are they protecting them from, our evil western ways?

Don't tell me I didn't say those words, how many times did you quote me dude? Go back to the first comment of mine that you obviously misconstrued otherwise you wouldn't tell me what I said and didn't say, what I mean and don't mean. Who are you? I wouldn't want you living around me either with this attitude. :closedeyes: Especially if my religion is involved. Sorry if you're not open minded enough to be able to look at it from a different angle than your owned skewed one lol
Personally no, I think the individual has a right to employ or associate with whoever he likes for whatever reason.

Private buisnesses at least, state or national/government agencies should be impartial and non discriminatory.

That is not very in keeping with the idea of community. In fact it breeds segregation and then racism, which eventually leads to civil unrest. The whole idea of the UK is that everyone is equal and we should all have equal opportunities.
i.e. when this

becomes this

I've pointed this out myself but no-one, least of all Muslims, seem bothered.

Britain First attempted to para-militarise there movement didn't they, with some moderate success and public support.(Till recently)
Reply 177
I've never seen it

Have you ever taken a step out your house?
Original post by aka r
Have you ever taken a step out your house?

No mate I'm in a wheelchair
That is not very in keeping with the idea of community.

How unfortunate

in fact it breeds segregation and then racism, which eventually leads to civil unrest.

It probably would.

The whole idea of the UK is that everyone is equal and we should all have equal opportunities.

It's not much of a free state if you are legally forced to go against your concious and hire or associate with people you don't want to.

Latest