The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ApeMob
Don't tell me I didn't say those words, how many times did you quote me dude? Go back to the first comment of mine that you obviously misconstrued otherwise you wouldn't tell me what I said and didn't say, what I mean and don't mean. Who are you? I wouldn't want you living around me either with this attitude. :closedeyes: Especially if my religion is involved. Sorry if you're not open minded enough to be able to look at it from a different angle than your owned skewed one lol

Original post by ApeMob
Granted. But they have a point trying to protect their people AND it is not the same thing as racial discrimination it just...isn't. Nothing will ever amount to that. Nothing :smile:

In bold. Trying to protect their people. Protect them from what?
Original post by aka r
Have you ever taken a step out your house?

I would probably hold up on the rep in the future if I were you.

At lest till you know someone's full position.
Original post by Zen Baphomet
Britain First attempted to para-militarise there movement didn't they, with some moderate success and public support.(Till recently)

Thing is these groups are all amateurs. EDL, Britain First aren't a scratch on the groups that operated in Ulster and Yugoslavia.

EDL are mostly unemployed and drunk. What happens when disgruntled soldiers with full military training start forming groups?
Original post by DiddyDec

Probably people like me.
Original post by TheAnusFiles
Thing is these groups are all amateurs. EDL, Britain First aren't a scratch on the groups that operated in Ulster and Yugoslavia.

At the moment, I fully agree.

EDL are mostly unemployed and drunk. What happens when disgruntled soldiers with full military training start forming groups?

I don't know...I would finally have something to do in this Economy?

Personally I see the eradication of Islam in this country as beginning from the top-dow(i.e changes in legislation and government) rather from the bottom-up(Violent revolution and armed protest)
(edited 9 years ago)
How unfortunate

It probably would.

It's not much of a free state if you are legally forced to go against your concious and hire or associate with people you don't want to.

Free states don't work. Civil unrest would not be good for anyone, no matter what your religion. You at least give consideration to all applicants. You can then pick the one you want to work for you based off their own merits and not simply who they were born to or what religion they follow.
Reply 186
No mate I'm in a wheelchair

Peak times

Pork mate.

Free states don't work. Civil unrest would not be good for anyone, no matter what your religion.

It's only unrest untill the p.roblem is solved.

You at least give consideration to all applicants. You can then pick the one you want to work for you based off their own merits and not simply who they were born to or what religion they follow.

In reality though, people will just pick the one they want based on the criteria they wan't, even if that criteria is race, religion, ideology or sexuality.
It already goes on everywhere, every day we may as well formalize it.

Edit: Ok why is the word P.R.O.B.L.E.M getting censored?
(edited 9 years ago)
i.e. when this

becomes this

I've pointed this out myself but no-one, least of all Muslims, seem bothered.

tbh i put it down to u having irish decent. i think we're a bit more sensitive to how this kind of thing can boil over into full destabilisation of a country.

but i think anyone who's got their head screwed on should notice this.

this is why i get so pissed off when people start defending muslims behaviour as "its ok cause they're an oppressed minority"

while all these "good" or negligent people are turning the other cheek theres a right wing nut job crew thats getting larger and larger.

and i dont want those guys to get larger and larger. which is why i try to be outspoken NOW.

but i think everyone else expects that smiles, hand shakes and throwing money at think tanks will solve things. it hasn't.

but there's gonna be a flash point.

muslims keep trying to create one with acts like lee rigby.

personally i have a feeling that english people as a general nation are just to docile to do anything.

so i think what will probably happen is **** will kick off in mainland europe first.

the muslims in the uk will become fearful that what ever conflict is happening on the mainland will happen here. then its the muslims that will attack out of fear of being attacked first. kinda like how protestants do. but then there will be the backlash. and i fear what and how bad that will be.
Original post by Mick.w
tbh i put it down to u having irish decent. i think we're a bit more sensitive to how this kind of thing can boil over into full destabilisation of a country.

but i think anyone who's got their head screwed on should notice this.

this is why i get so pissed off when people start defending muslims behaviour as "its ok cause they're an oppressed minority"

while all these "good" or negligent people are turning the other cheek theres a right wing nut job crew thats getting larger and larger.

and i dont want those guys to get larger and larger. which is why i try to be outspoken NOW.

but i think everyone else expects that smiles, hand shakes and throwing money at think tanks will solve things. it hasn't.

but there's gonna be a flash point.

muslims keep trying to create one with acts like lee rigby.

personally i have a feeling that english people as a general nation are just to docile to do anything.

so i think what will probably happen is **** will kick off in mainland europe first.

the muslims in the uk will become fearful that what ever conflict is happening on the mainland will happen here. then its the muslims that will attack out of fear of being attacked first. kinda like how protestants do. but then there will be the backlash. and i fear what and how bad that will be.

As I said, I really hope things work out and in the end we all live happily ever after together but I just don't think that will happen

For one thing, I've noticed how much a lot of black people really do not like Pakistanis and vice versa, and the establishment does not seem to be aware of this which is really asking for trouble
(edited 9 years ago)
Of course lettings should be able to say Muslims only but of course they should also be able to say non Muslims allowed.

This won't be the case though. Admitting you wish to refuse to associate with Muslims is a hate crime in this country and you can be guaranteed to be shunned.
Edit: Ok why is the word P.R.O.B.L.E.M getting censored?

I'll ask
Reply 193
And the Quran cannot be gone against or modernised can it?

Nope.
Original post by miscounted_time
Loads of Muslims do the at least one of the above, infact you don't know that he himself doesn't do those things.
Not all non-Muslims do those things

If a white person was to put up an advert and didn't want to deal with cultural differences so stated "whites only" or "non-Muslims only" you know as well as I do the **** would hit the fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually Christians specify such criteria all the time
As I said, I really hope things work out and in the end we all live happily ever after together but I just don't think that will happen

For one thing, I've noticed how much a lot of black people really do not like Pakistanis and vice versa, and the establishment does not seem to be aware of this which is really asking for trouble

as do i.

although I do believe the government is aware of the tension between black people and pakistanis.

but its different with london and non london.

there's lots of tension. we saw it in the handsworth riots in 1985. then again in 2005 and almost kicked off in 2011 during the august riots. but it's by no means a ******* unique to birmingham. it's echoed in leeds, manchester and sheffield as well as the west midlands and as far south as luton.

but black people are not really able to cope much against them.
black people are pretty outnumbered. the old school working class black people of caribbean decent are declining in number and the recent increase of african immigrants are more middle class and don't want any trouble.

a lot of black guys in prison are being bullied into converting to islam.

if you look at the 2005 lozells riots you'll see what i mean.
jamaican 14 year old girl was gang raped by 18 or 19 men. the girl did not come forward due to illegal status of immigration. now whilst some say this was a rumour. real events like it have happened as was found in a study done by UCL Jill Dando Institute. which showed that despite the headline "pakistanis target white girls" the UCL study showed that pakistanis targeted under age black girls more in terms of frequency in comparison to black peoples small population size. other organisations such as CROP can verify similar findings.

when black people found out about the rape they did not react violently. they protested outside the shop. then during eid, pakistani muslims pakistanis left their mosque and started attacking black people on their way out of church. which, if you've ever been to a black church you'll notice is largely full of women and OAPs.

there was resistance to the violence from the black community.

however when all was said and done it left two black men dead. no pakistanis were killed.

london is a bit different. black londoners are not completely aware of how they are viewed by asians are to some extent think they are bound together in solidarity as "people of colour" london and its prisons also have some influence from black muslim radicals from america via the Nation of Islam. so there is some confusion about if its black men bullying other black men to convert to islam or if its pakistanis bullying black men into becoming muslim. the truth is its both.

also black people are not doing as well economically as pakistanis.

british much every black community in the uk has been followed by the asian community.
chinese nail salons, pakistani eye brow threading, pakistani owned black hair shops, asian stores that sell caribbean groceries, pakistani cab drivers. there is pretty much no business you could say is associated with the black community other than food. asians have taxis and corner shops, irish have construction and scaffolding and pubs, chinese have food everywhere. even the smallest towns and cities have a chinese restaurant. they also have their own china towns. jews have... i dunno... banking and law? lol. it also seems like africans and polish have pretty much taken over the security sector.

pakistani criminal gangs have heroin to back them up.
the cannabis market is overly saturated
and eastern europeans are pretty much the go to guys for arms trade right about now.
so the black criminal gangs pretty much have no criminal enterprise to finance them. all of their interests are dependent on others. if they need guns its to the euros, if its coke its to the british or columbians, if its heroin its to the turkish or pakistanis and if its pills its to the dutch via white british.

so seeing as africans are the ones making economic strides the caribbean community is still left behind as the two communities are not unified and despite shared race are culturally quite different with the exception of possibly ghana.

so if it came to a clash the caribbean community would not do well if pakistanis came looking for trouble. and i hate to admit that.
I find it ironic how "no gays" would get all your lefty-student panties in a bunch, but when there's a sign saying "Muslims only," you flock to its defence.

You can't just pick and choose which discrimination suits you and not come across as being hypocritical. Either allow people to do business with whom they choose or have them do business with everybody (I would prefer the former, but if you choose the latter, at least be consistent about it).

Would you be against "no Muslims"? Because it would be exactly the same in principle.
Original post by Final Solution
You can be white and Muslim, and black and Christian.

You can also be white and atheist, or black and atheist. Why do people keep conflating religion and ethnic background?

Regardless, I think it's bigoted to only want to hang around with people who share your religion (although the entire point of religion is to close people's minds anyway, so that's not much of a surprise). I don't think you can outlaw bigotry, and if people only want people from a certain religion, I say let them wallow in their ignorance.

I actually (within reason) prefer the company of people who disagree with me, to that of people who don't really have an opinion at all. It's more interesting.
Reply 198
Original post by James222
The law treats lifestyle choice and religion differently. You have the right to religious freedom not life style choice. Religious Freedom is a concept over which 1000s have died hence its protected in law, the same does not apply to say girls who do not want to wear trousers to school the law wont protect them, but will protect a boy who wants to wear a turban, clear ?
Last time I looked I was able to do anything I wanted as long as it was not illegal. Same with religion. They are not treated differently. The freedoms that millions died for are universal, not just religious. Religious freedom is just part of the package. My freedom to not be religious is protected just as much as yours is to be religious.
BTW, girls are allowed to wear trousers at school.

Alcohol,diet,bacon not wanting a bunch of people getting reading for a night out on friday and saturday when its not something you will be doing.
Maybe if you lightened up a bit, they might let you come out with them.

If you dont want to live with women that is fine ! you should have the right to only rent out to men.
But I do. I told her that if we moved the wardrobe onto the landing we could get a kingsize bed. The three of us would fit in tidy.

I said non muslims CAN live with muslims, they can live with ANYONE. its non muslim who may have a specific issue.
Hold on. If Muslims can't live with non-Muslims, how are non-Muslims able to live with Muslims?
Also, you try living with my ex-flatmate Nigel. NO ONE could live with him. Nightmare.

Thats fine you can choose not too specify in your adverts no loud music and trustworthy flatmates only, thats not the same as saying, strictly no muslims that is a 100x worse.
So we're agreed, the advert was wrong. They should have listed the things they didn't want and not mentioned religion.

Muslims are not allowed to eat non halal food, so I was giving you an example of non muslims are more flexible.
I haven't been out with any Muslims, but I can't imagine that they were more flexible than this Bulgarian gymnast I was seeing for a bit. Crikey!

Religious belief not same as Personal Belief. An atheists who doesnt eat meat doesnt eat it for personal reasons not religious reasons.
Religious belief IS personal belief. Is there someone forcing you to believe? Is there a law that says that you must believe? Will you be punished if you don't believe (in the real world)? No. You believe because of personal reasons. You accept the tenets of your religion because you believe them to be true.

I never said you would die from eating bacon, well im sure your an expert on what god does and doent allow.
So what's the issue with bacon?

Plenty of things feel awesome that are illegal, im sure its awesome to light a fire at the beach or go skinny dipping its still illegal.
I can tell you that lighting a fire on the beach and skinny dipping is not illegal.

Also stop trying to change the subject, you sound like a dawkins bigot
What's a dawkins bigot? Sounds like a part on an old sailing ship. *in a West Country accent* "The wind's too strong captain! It'll shear the dawkins bigot."
Original post by QE2
Last time I looked I was able to do anything I wanted as long as it was not illegal. Same with religion. They are not treated differently. The freedoms that millions died for are universal, not just religious. Religious freedom is just part of the package. My freedom to not be religious is protected just as much as yours is to be religious.
BTW, girls are allowed to wear trousers at school.

Maybe if you lightened up a bit, they might let you come out with them.

But I do. I told her that if we moved the wardrobe onto the landing we could get a kingsize bed. The three of us would fit in tidy.

Hold on. If Muslims can't live with non-Muslims, how are non-Muslims able to live with Muslims?
Also, you try living with my ex-flatmate Nigel. NO ONE could live with him. Nightmare.

So we're agreed, the advert was wrong. They should have listed the things they didn't want and not mentioned religion.

I haven't been out with any Muslims, but I can't imagine that they were more flexible than this Bulgarian gymnast I was seeing for a bit. Crikey!

Religious belief IS personal belief. Is there someone forcing you to believe? Is there a law that says that you must believe? Will you be punished if you don't believe (in the real world)? No. You believe because of personal reasons. You accept the tenets of your religion because you believe them to be true.

So what's the issue with bacon?

I can tell you that lighting a fire on the beach and skinny dipping is not illegal.

What's a dawkins bigot? Sounds like a part on an old sailing ship. *in a West Country accent* "The wind's too strong captain! It'll shear the dawkins bigot."

this issue is not important enough for me to devote large time too.
Skinny Dipping is illegal been in the news recently with NI Police issuing warnings and my local beach has a no fire policy. Whats the issue with bacon ? thats for muslim to worry about no you. Ive told you why saying muslims only is not the same as saying no muslims, you have now chosen to start a debate over muslims beliefs which cba

No we dont agree because muslim only is easier than writing a list which only a muslim would satisfy.

you also think religious freedom is the same as personal freedom frankly showing your ignorance of UK law im not wasting my time further, doubt you where actually serious with random stories about nigel

Latest

Trending

Trending