The Student Room Group

I also think TSR has become a popularity contest, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 99DeadBaboons
I very nearly LOL'ed in the library

Spoiler

And I can't resist your mom :sexface:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
And I can't resist your mom :sexface:

You and everyone else I went to school with :tongue:

She's a prostitute. :erm:

A very successful one. :bawling:
Reply 62
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Agree!

Of course you agree...you're one of the "popular kids" on TSR.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 63
What makes you say this?
Original post by Dilsz
What makes you say this?

Ah, you may have missed some of the shenanigans from a few hours ago. I actually don't feel particularly strongly on the subject, this is more of a response to someone else's thread, saying that TSR has become full of attention seekers, such as the people who make AMA threads. So I made an AMA thread about it :smile:
It's human nature we all LOVE to talk about ourselves...think of real life when you meet someone new...you just start talking about yourself
Original post by rivertosea
It's human nature we all LOVE to talk about ourselves...think of real life when you meet someone new...you just start talking about yourself

Certainly :smile: and ideally the other person would talk about themselves too. It's pretty boring if someone doesn't want to tell you anything about themselves :smile:
Certainly :smile: and ideally the other person would talk about themselves too. It's pretty boring if someone doesn't want to tell you anything about themselves :smile:

Lol yes I recall these real life conversations ha. Some quite awkward cos you realise you've spend far too long talking about yourself :colondollar:
Reply 68
It's not a pop contest. It's regular social media. The point is to chat and meet people. Others are better at it and they become popular. If it were a pop contest there would be way more competitive nature to TSR and it's not. No one really pays attention enough to everyone for that, don't be fazed by those who act like they just won a popularity contest, they're just thirsty and sponge any attention they get. It doesn't mean TSR promotes that kind of poster, no one gets special treatment here. The people with many followers gets banned too :awesome:
Original post by ApeMob
It's not a pop contest. It's regular social media. The point is to chat and meet people. Others are better at it and they become popular. If it were a pop contest there would be way more competitive nature to TSR and it's not. No one really pays attention enough to everyone for that, don't be fazed by those who act like they just won a popularity contest, they're just thirsty and sponge any attention they get. It doesn't mean TSR promotes that kind of poster, no one gets special treatment here. The people with many followers gets banned too :awesome:

A very nice point :smile: Well made :biggrin:
Ah, you may have missed some of the shenanigans from a few hours ago. I actually don't feel particularly strongly on the subject, this is more of a response to someone else's thread, saying that TSR has become full of attention seekers, such as the people who make AMA threads. So I made an AMA thread about it :smile:

To be fair it wasn't just directed at those who make AMA threads...
Original post by King Leonidas
To be fair it wasn't just directed at those who make AMA threads...

I know :smile: that's why I said "such as".
Reply 72
Well played...

Is that you or Dave Grohl in your profile pic (or someone else)?
Original post by nohomo
Is that you or Dave Grohl in your profile pic (or someone else)?

It's me and I can confirm that I'm not Dave Grohl.
Reply 74
It's me and I can confirm that I'm not Dave Grohl.

Haha I love your look :smile:
Original post by nohomo
Haha I love your look :smile:

Cheers very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest