The Student Room Group

Which hurts more?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Katie_p
Actually.......not sure I can say much here, but it's a real thing...in some communities.

It depends on the individual's pain threshhold, but most women need strong painkillers for hours of labour. Men just roll around a bit.
But then my mum had me with only paracetemol because nobody realised she was so dilated given how little "pain" she was in - she said it wasn't a big deal at all for any of the three of us.

I'm sure if men had painkillers at the point of impact they would probably use them too.
As far as I am aware there are no painkillers for ball ache.
Childbirth has to be more painful, no comparison.
Yes, getting kicked in the testicles is incredibly painful, but nobody's asking us to push something the size of a melon out of our bodies afterwards. Childbirth has contractions before labour, during which there is a high chance of ripping plus nine months of growing discomfort beforehand.

Childbirth wins. Getting kicked in the balls hurts like a ****er, but it isn't close to the same experience.
I would liken it to this, getting kicked in the balls lightly then gradually harder every 4 minutes for 48 hours until you **** out a big 3kg watermelon tear badly and need stitches then you can't sit down for 6 weeks :smile:
Original post by vickidc18
I would liken it to this, getting kicked in the balls lightly then gradually harder every 4 minutes for 48 hours until you **** out a big 3kg watermelon tear badly and need stitches then you can't sit down for 6 weeks :smile:

Exactly my point :smile:
I think I read somewhere that getting kicked in the balls is more painful but childbirth lasts much longer so it's pretty obvious that one hurts more.
Original post by karmacrunch

*too but yeah I think you do! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:mad:
Original post by G8D
Even if it's true that getting kicked in the nadgers hurts more (which I very much question), child birth lasts longer and has a longer recovery period.

I really don't think the two are comparable and I don't understand the desperation with which some men seek to one-up child birth.

I wouldn't underestimate it though. Receiving a serious blow there is like reviving bruising to an internal organ (or worse depending how serious the damage is). It will hurt like hell.
Original post by G8D
I do have testicles.

Well I don't know. Mr pointy smiley face person could be a women.
My mum says it's overrated. Says it's just like taking a huge hard poo that tears your bum hole. I was the biggest baby in the hospital when she gave birth as well so imma believe getting kicked in the balls is more painful.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:mad:

Sorry! It's better to know now than never! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by Reptilian
Yes because MTF transsexuals have a set of testicles right? :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i said female to male idiot. Reread my post. The surgeon gives them male genetelia init?
Original post by LakAnne
i said female to male idiot. Reread my post. The surgeon gives them male genetelia init?

I meant to put FTM but your lack of common sense made me misspell it. The testicles the surgeon inserts are plastic prosthetics. They cannot make working organic testicles for the T-men...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by Reptilian
I meant to put FTM but your lack of common sense made me misspell it. The testicles the surgeon inserts are plastic prosthetics. They cannot make working organic testicles for the T-men...

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I see, it seems then medical science is not advancing fast enough to help answer the question
I remember reading somewhere that birth goes over the max unit of pain a body can bare and being kicked in the balls is slightly under.

I'm not sure though but I'd say birth regardless of the above.

Quick Reply

Latest