The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Sitting with a conditional and I'm so nervous about my results! Feel d's though I've not done enough to get in which I will be gutted about it. Keep thinking about these results ahh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
All these people sweating over their Highers makes me worried about next year... :afraid:
I don't have to care all I did were a bunch of easy-ass N5s!
Original post by SleepingStag
All these people sweating over their Highers makes me worried about next year... :afraid:

Dw, Highers are only as hard as you make them. With hard work Im sure you will be able to get the grades you want.
Reply 223
Well I just got a cancellation...my driving test is now on results day. This could be interesting :colondollar:
Original post by SleepingStag

Stay on top of it and you'll be fine. Just don't go into the year thinking, "I breezed through Nat 5 so I don't have to work hard this year", because you will have a totally fun time cramming for your exams. Totally not speaking from experience here or anything... -_-

Out of interest, what highers are you taking this year?
Reply 225
Only a week left!! Hope it goes by fast for everyone :smile:
this day next week i suspect everyone being on here :biggrin: anyone feeling nerves now?
Original post by nECS
Well I just got a cancellation...my driving test is now on results day. This could be interesting :colondollar:

goodluck mines is on 17th August haha ! :smile:
Reply 228
Original post by GoldenAge
Stay on top of it and you'll be fine. Just don't go into the year thinking, "I breezed through Nat 5 so I don't have to work hard this year", because you will have a totally fun time cramming for your exams. Totally not speaking from experience here or anything... -_-

I can confirm that higher biology / human biology is easy as **** :P Almost finished the course now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ecasx
I can confirm that higher biology / human biology is easy as **** :P Almost finished the course now.

I'm crashing it this year and it is literally the easiest thing I've ever done. Like why didn't I take it last year? I'm doing better than some of the old Nat 5 kids which is amazing because I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe I'm in the dumb class... :redface: :redface:
Reply 230
I'm crashing it this year and it is literally the easiest thing I've ever done. Like why didn't I take it last year? I'm doing better than some of the old Nat 5 kids which is amazing because I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe I'm in the dumb class... :redface: :redface:

It's actual piss. I've self-taught Units 1, 2 and a third of Unit 3 over the summer so far.

It's a baby's course with every topic simplified to ****, compared to the new Higher that has all sorts of cool stuff like the mechanisms of immune response, fast/slow-twitch muscle fibers and even cancer.
Original post by Ecasx
It's actual piss. I've self-taught Units 1, 2 and a third of Unit 3 over the summer so far.

It's a baby's course with every topic simplified to ****, compared to the new Higher that has all sorts of cool stuff like the mechanisms of immune response, fast/slow-twitch muscle fibers and even cancer.

The old higher human had immune responses

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually ****ting bricks for these results now :lol:
Reply 233
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
The old higher human had immune responses

Posted from TSR Mobile

Explained in a grossly over-simplified manner. The new Higher delves into some pretty interesting mechanisms. There's actually a half-unit on the immune system alone. Course seems considerably larger based on course arrangements.

Edit: more terms too. For example, whereas you would refer to a compound merely as a '4C compound' in the old Higher, you would call it 'oxaloacetate' in the new Higher.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ElectricScalpel
Wow, this is tense! By curiosity, did anyone do the RMPS exam? How did you think it went?

Thought it went good , could have been better . Did you sit higher rmps? . If yes what sections did you cover?
Original post by Ecasx

Load of piss? This is good news. I have a feeling after this year I'm gonna need all the piss easy subjects I can get. I tend to go along with my school's general consensus that New Higher is a load of absolute pish. At the rate the teacher's going she can make anything sound cool. She's absolutely crazy so you can't not be entertained by what you're learning. :L

What made you want to self-teach the course? Like, not gonna lie, I've had the urge to get ahead and just do some hard core learning, but I haven't given in just yet. (I did give myself a crash course on art history despite not needing it for AH. I just like me some Greek myths, Russian paintings and John William Waterhouse.) I'm a loser, please ignore me. :smile: :smile:
Original post by Adykonvict1
Thought it went good , could have been better . Did you sit higher rmps? . If yes what sections did you cover?

Yeah, I sat it :smile:
I did:

War and Peace

Islam

Belief in Science

I'm hoping for an A - apparently the pass mark is meant to be lowered slightly this year :h:

Of course! Doesn't help that I'm a natural procrastinator haha!

I'm taking maths, English, physics, computer science, geography and accounting. I'm wanting to study computing at uni :smile:
Just think, this time next week it'll all be over. Unless you've got a very slow postman...
Original post by Ecasx

If its so easy then why did you self teach it over your summer? Seems kinda pointless then imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending