The Student Room Group

Nottingham BSc Management vs Warwick BSc Management for consulting and IB

Hi,

I have offers from both Nottingham University and Warwick to study BSc Management. However , I am not sure about which University has better job prospects in terms of graduate positions at investment Banks and Consulting firms.

Replies will be helpful

Thanks
Original post by dixyting
Hi,

I have offers from both Nottingham University and Warwick to study BSc Management. However , I am not sure about which University has better job prospects in terms of graduate positions at investment Banks and Consulting firms.

Replies will be helpful

Thanks

As a Nottingham student, my thoughts on the uni: Decent for IB, good no. of ibanks visit the uni throughout the year, not great for consultancy. Decent placement into IB but other unis will have greater placement. There's the feeling that the Business School is on the up. Good campus, OK city which is good for students.

My thoughts on Warwick- Gets more students into IB (which pretty much answers your question), stronger business school. Good campus, awful city.
Warwick > Nottingham for IB
I would say Warwick (I'm not at either)
Warwick probably gets very similar figures to Oxbridge/LSE into FO IB. You can't really compare it to Nottingham in my experience.
Going to have to vote Warwick as well here (don't study at either).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Nottingham is fantastic but Warwick will look a lot better for investment banks considering it's one of the 'targeted' universities
Reply 7
Warwick for both IB & Consultancy.
Reply 8
however is it still possible to get into IB from Nottingham
Original post by dixyting
however is it still possible to get into IB from Nottingham

Yes, just much harder.
Reply 10
ok thanks but if im taking social life into consideration then is nottingham better?
Reply 11
Remember, university should be an amazing social experience as well. Employers recognise this and that is why consultancy firms are snapping up well rounded Nottingham students.

I went to Nottingham, had the best 3 years of my life and now have a job in Consultancy!

Be wise, and have the most fun in these university years.
Reply 12
Original post by Mathmos
Remember, university should be an amazing social experience as well. Employers recognise this and that is why consultancy firms are snapping up well rounded Nottingham students.

I went to Nottingham, had the best 3 years of my life and now have a job in Consultancy!

Be wise, and have the most fun in these university years.

OP, consultancy recruiting is skewed. For top tier management consultancy firms like Bain, McK, BCG (MBB) they place even more emphasis on you going to a top ranked uni than investment banks do. They mostly recruit from Oxbridge and have only fairly recently started taking on greater numbers from top ranked unis like LSE, UCL, Warwick and Durham.

Most other consultancies aren't as biased however, and as long as you went to a Russell Group uni you should have a good shot at them. When this guy says "consultancy firms are snapping up Notts students because they're well rounded" (lolz), he's talking about your second tier firms, not MBB and the like.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
I understand that social life is a big aspect of going to university and one that I am very keen on. However, I dont want to end up in a job that I dont like in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending