The Student Room Group

Minimum amount of money you need to find before handing it in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
It's not in a wallet so no clear ID.

Assume it's in a brown envelope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there's a large amount of money in a dodgy looking envelope then it's probably drugs money so i'd have no qualms in keeping it. However if it were labelled on the front 'Grans' Pension' or something similar i'd hand it in
If its in a wallet with contact detail than il hand it in. If their is no contact details im keeping it. If I see someone dropping some money on the floor without realising, I would pick it up and return it to them.
If it was just say notes on the side of the street or which looked like they'd been blown into a bush say, then under £100 and I'd keep it, no way of ID'ing. Over would hand into police.

If it was in a sealed envelope I'd hand it in if it was £50 or over.

If wallet.purse hand it in no matter what.
Original post by Delciate
Right. Please go ahead and insult me for NOT taking lost money.

See my parents did this really barbaric thing, where they taught me right from wrong. Who knows what good they thought would come out of doing that?!

Also just wanted to add you're not taking the money because your parents taught you right from wrong, you're not taking the money because of the 'general distrust of people' that you have, which in my humble opinion is a pretty **** upbringing.

So please just gtfo your high horse.
Original post by Dilzo999
Also just wanted to add you're not taking the money because your parents taught you right from wrong, you're not taking the money because of the 'general distrust of people' that you have, which in my humble opinion is a pretty **** upbringing.

So please just gtfo your high horse.

It's nice to know that you were honestly so bothered by my comment that you spent a good portion of your day thinking of my comment and just had to 'add' something.

1) Your sentence structure is horrendous and your first sentence was painful to read.

2) A little general distrust of people is healthy. If little Jimmy had been distrustful of the persuasive stranger in the white van offering him candy, perhaps little Jimmy's body may not have been found chopped up into the tiniest of pieces by the riverside.

I have now expended all my 'idiot energy' on you and am now done with this. Feel free to respond, if you really just have to get the last word.

Sure does feel wonderfully breezy up on this gorgeous horse! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I found a purse on my way to get some dinner tonight in a car park. Gave it into the police station. =l

Checked the id and everything and i don't know the person. =l
On a very small scale there are quite often random £1 coins around where I work because they are used for the lockers and i put those into the charity pot if I find them. But on a larger scale I don't know, depends where I found it and who it could be handed into to I guess. But probably anything over £20.
Original post by Scienceisgood
I found a purse on my way to get some dinner tonight in a car park. Gave it into the police station. =l

Checked the id and everything and i don't know the person. =l

IMO, that is the best outcome with regards to finding any type of purse or wallet - the owner can then claim it. :smile:

When I was at school, I always used to find small change. I always picked it up. :smile:

Nowadays, I don't find as much, but if I do, I'd keep it, so long as it wasn't suspect, or too large.
Hand it in the police would buy there dinner with it lol
@Scottishlad888 the thread is 6 years old, Halloween is not until next month... Zombie threads aren't in ATM
Original post by MedicWil
@Scottishlad888 the thread is 6 years old, Halloween is not until next month... Zombie threads aren't in ATM

l never saw the date lol

Quick Reply