The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just finished the 3rd ep of Zenkyou no Terror and the ED is sooo goood!

Just realised that ZnT is directed by the same person who did Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo :colondollar: very excited now cause i love Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop is what i'm gonna start watching now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Haikyuu!! spoilers

Spoiler

Original post by brownsugar-xx
Just finished the 3rd ep of Zenkyou no Terror and the ED is sooo goood!

Agreed! There are plenty of themes this season that are leaving me impatient for their full versions to be released. Wouldn't mind the ED for Tokyo ESP or Aldnoah Zero, either. Or possibly the ED for last season's Selector Infected WIXOSS... I'm starting to wonder if there IS a full version of that. :erm:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Haikyuu!! spoilers

Spoiler

Agreed! There are plenty of themes this season that are leaving me impatient for their full versions to be released. Wouldn't mind the ED for Tokyo ESP or Aldnoah Zero, either. Or possibly the ED for last season's Selector Infected WIXOSS... I'm starting to wonder if there IS a full version of that. :erm:

*swooning* at the spoiler :wink:
*assumes the thread was killed by swooning* :banana2:

I'll be finishing the short manga series Alto today, which will open a space in my reading list, so would anybody be able to recommend me something new?

A few criteria, though - I'm ideally looking for something 9 volumes in length or under (I'm already reading two longer series, Red River and The Drifting Classroom), completed, and either unlicensed and fully scanlated, or licensed and available on Kindle in the UK. Fussy, I know, but in terms of genre/plot/demographic I'm open to anything. :smile:

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

I'll be finishing the short manga series Alto today, which will open a space in my reading list, so would anybody be able to recommend me something new?

A few criteria, though - I'm ideally looking for something 9 volumes in length or under (I'm already reading two longer series, Red River and The Drifting Classroom), completed, and either unlicensed and fully scanlated, or licensed and available on Kindle in the UK. Fussy, I know, but in terms of genre/plot/demographic I'm open to anything. :smile:

It would help if i knew what you've read before, because you seem like you've read loooadss! :laugh: Out of curiosity have you ever read Liar Game? although i just checked it's 16 volumes so..

I used to read it and quite enjoy it but i got busy and stopped reading not long after.

Have you read Saturn Apartments? It's a slice-of-life about a window cleaner in space. It starts off pretty episodic but gets more of an overarching story as it goes on. It's 7 volumes long & I checked and it is available on Kindle. I really enjoyed it. :smile:

Also, would you recommend The Drifting Classroom?
It would help if i knew what you've read before, because you seem like you've read loooadss! :laugh: Out of curiosity have you ever read Liar Game? although i just checked it's 16 volumes so..

I used to read it and quite enjoy it but i got busy and stopped reading not long after.

I've actually read very little, compared with the huge amount of anime I've watched - I used to only buy printed manga, until I ran out of space in my bedroom, hence why I've switched to Kindle and scanlations. :tongue: Here's my list though, if that helps. :smile:

I've not read Liar Game, and it's a bit longer than what I'm looking for right now (also still ongoing), but I liked the anime adaptation of One Outs by the same manga-ka, so I'll bear the recommendation in mind for the future. :biggrin:
I've actually read very little, compared with the huge amount of anime I've watched - I used to only buy printed manga, until I ran out of space in my bedroom, hence why I've switched to Kindle and scanlations. :tongue: Here's my list though, if that helps. :smile:

I've not read Liar Game, and it's a bit longer than what I'm looking for right now (also still ongoing), but I liked the anime adaptation of One Outs by the same manga-ka, so I'll bear the recommendation in mind for the future. :biggrin:

That's pretty cool, did you buy manga online or are there places near you that sell them? Thanks for the list i'll take a look!

Yeah it's almost twice as long :laugh: it's pretty good though, very much psychological and all. Love the main guy as well :flutter:
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Have you read Saturn Apartments? It's a slice-of-life about a window cleaner in space. It starts off pretty episodic but gets more of an overarching story as it goes on. It's 7 volumes long & I checked and it is available on Kindle. I really enjoyed it. :smile:

Also, would you recommend The Drifting Classroom?

That's already on my want to read list, and definitely a contender. :yes: Thanks for the recommendation!

I'd strongly recommend The Drifting Classroom, I can see why Kazuo Umezu is considered such a master of horror manga, as it's quite shocking stuff, especially considering the ages of the characters. Fantastic art too. Definitely the best thing I'm reading at the moment.
That's pretty cool, did you buy manga online or are there places near you that sell them? Thanks for the list i'll take a look!

Yeah it's almost twice as long :laugh: it's pretty good though, very much psychological and all. Love the main guy as well :flutter:

I bought the vast majority online - Amazon, ebay, The Book Depository, occasionally Abebooks for rarer volumes. :yes:

There's nowhere around here for miles that sells manga (that I know of...), but I managed to pick up a lot of volumes on my travels. I bought my first ever manga (vol.1 of Chobits) in Waterstones in Reading while visiting my grandparents, and usually buy a couple of volumes there each year. Forbidden Planet in Wolverhampton turned out to be quite the treasure trove of rare volumes, and I only ended up in the city because of a delay in my train journey. :p: Then there's the Telford Expo, which (while expensive) usually has a great range. :biggrin:
I bought the vast majority online - Amazon, ebay, The Book Depository, occasionally Abebooks for rarer volumes. :yes:

There's nowhere around here for miles that sells manga (that I know of...), but I managed to pick up a lot of volumes on my travels. I bought my first ever manga (vol.1 of Chobits) in Waterstones in Reading while visiting my grandparents, and usually buy a couple of volumes there each year. Forbidden Planet in Wolverhampton turned out to be quite the treasure trove of rare volumes, and I only ended up in the city because of a delay in my train journey. :p: Then there's the Telford Expo, which (while expensive) usually has a great range. :biggrin:

Yeah it's the same for me, nowhere around to buy any anime related stuff tbh :frown:

When i'm earning a decent salary i'll start supporting my manga-ka's :daydream: til then arrr :pirate3:
Does every Forbidden Planet do 3 for 2 on manga? They have that offer at my local one & that was a big part in me building up my manga collection. Think I'm probably going to hit 500 volumes this summer.
anyone here watch boku no pico?
Original post by chukster97
anyone here watch boku no pico?

:indiff:
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Does every Forbidden Planet do 3 for 2 on manga? They have that offer at my local one & that was a big part in me building up my manga collection. Think I'm probably going to hit 500 volumes this summer.

I'm not sure, I've not been near one for over a year. :frown:

Confusingly, there are two completely unrelated companies called Forbidden Planet that sell anime anime and manga in the UK - both had 3 for 2 offers in their stores when I was last there, but I always preferred FP International, as the two I've visited (Birmingham and Wolverhampton) had a huge range of older/rarer manga included in said deal, whereas plain old Forbidden Planet (or its stores in Birmingham and Bristol, at least) focus on newer releases, mostly published by Viz.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well that didn't take long at all. I've caught up to date on Haikyuu!! Pretty glad I picked up the series as it's totally my thing. This series has by far had the most funniest reactions from the 300 odd series I've seen :rofl:

Looking for another recent series that is decent? Preferably not a sport one this time? :teeth: Any decent shounens or maybe even a school anime with romance in it?
Original post by Keoje
Looking for another recent series that is decent? Preferably not a sport one this time? :teeth: Any decent shounens or maybe even a school anime with romance in it?

I'd suggest any of the following, if you haven't already seen them:

Completed:
Sidonia no Kishi
Kill la Kill
Chuunibyou
Noragami
Hitsugi no Chaika

Ongoing:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Zankyou no Terror
Hunter x Hunter (strongly recommended, if you don't mind playing catchup for ~140 eps :p:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Keoje
Well that didn't take long at all. I've caught up to date on Haikyuu!! Pretty glad I picked up the series as it's totally my thing. This series has by far had the most funniest reactions from the 300 odd series I've seen :rofl:

These dorks right here. I luffs them.

I also luffs you for sticking with Haikyuu omg.
I'd suggest any of the following, if you haven't already seen them:

Completed:
Sidonia no Kishi
Kill la Kill
Chuunibyou
Noragami
Hitsugi no Chaika

Ongoing:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Zankyou no Terror
Hunter x Hunter (strongly recommended, if you don't mind playing catchup for ~140 eps :p:)

I'll take a look at these. Thank you AJ :smile:

I've actually just watched the latest episode of HxH. I've watched the original series and the OVA too :cool: It's pretty much sums up why I love shounen :biggrin:
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe

These dorks right here. I luffs them.

I also luffs you for sticking with Haikyuu omg.

Haha I remember this part. The manager girl is cute :love:

Great series. Exactly what I look for in an anime :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Keoje

Second most of AJ's suggestions - fire in:
Silver Spoon
Kyousogiga
Majestic Prince
Tonari no Seki-kun
Sekai Seifuku Bouryaku no Zvezda
Noucome
Servant x Service

Latest