The Student Room Group

Is TSR being flooded by Israeli shills.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr1269
One notable feature which distinguishes those "pure hasbara's" from those who simply wish to put across their viewpoint is their reluctance to engage in debates/discussion and put forward their own viewpoints without resorting to the ubiquitous and cliched arguments that they have been prattling on for donkey years.

There are uses like Pinzer and Chindits and Meenglishisnogood (he is probably just an Islam basher) who dismiss the opposing viewpoint and instead resort to hyperbole, tantrum throwing (HAMAS uses human shields, HAMAS started the conflict, Israel is the most democratic state etc etc) and if that doesn't work, they engage in "whataboutery" (as does the Israeli cabinet on numerous occasions) thinking it absolves Israeli actions.

Then there are users like you, who are pro-Israeli (I presume?) but are willing to engage in debate and discussion.

The way I see it and I believe it is a fair conclusion as I'm sure many others do, is that those who simply regurgitate the same information over and over again without taking into consideration the opposing arguments are propagandists.

It is one thing to spout out information and an altogether different concept to defend that position.

There are people posting supporting both sides who do not debate.
Original post by UniOfLife
There are people posting supporting both sides who do not debate.

Nice use of "whataboutery" and strawman argument but I'll let it slide...

Could you maybe list a couple of names?
Original post by tsr1269
Nice use of "whataboutery" and strawman argument but I'll let it slide...

Could you maybe list a couple of names?

It's not about "whataboutery". Its merely pointing out that human nature is that there are people who do not debate and only post their same old things. Hence you see it on both sides.
It's not about "whataboutery". Its merely pointing out that human nature is that there are people who do not debate and only post their same old things. Hence you see it on both sides.

In which case, you would have no problem in providing the names of a couple of users who do this.
Original post by tsr1269
In which case, you would have no problem in providing the names of a couple of users who do this.

Wait, are you actually trying to claim that there are no anti-Israel people who don't debate sensibly?

As it happens I don't pay much attention to the names of the people I debate with so I personally cannot provide names. But I'm sure others can. And I'm sure if you spent five minutes looking you could find some too.
Wait, are you actually trying to claim that there are no anti-Israel people who don't debate sensibly?

Did I say that? I don't think I did.

As it happens I don't pay much attention to the names of the people I debate with so I personally cannot provide names. But I'm sure others can. And I'm sure if you spent five minutes looking you could find some too.

Okay. You're twisting my hand now. If a couple of names is so difficult for you, then I'll gladly accept the name of just one.

I just want to know what kind of person I should be looking out for...
Original post by tsr1269
Did I say that? I don't think I did.

Okay. You're twisting my hand now. If a couple of names is so difficult for you, then I'll gladly accept the name of just one.

I just want to know what kind of person I should be looking out for...

This is pretty stupid. If you're not disagreeing with me then why do you insist on names?

Anyway: BoddyBuilder
This is pretty stupid. If you're not disagreeing with me then why do you insist on names?

Anyway: BoddyBuilder

Except he wasn't what you are claiming he was. He could understand the "other side"...
Original post by tsr1269
Except he wasn't what you are claiming he was. He could understand the "other side"...

Oh he's so understanding. That's why he started a thread entitled "Hitler was right".

OK, so simple straightforward question: Do you think that there are people on TSR who are anti-Israel but no dot properly engage in debate?
Oh he's so understanding. That's why he started a thread entitled "Hitler was right".

I don't see such a thread.

OK, so simple straightforward question: Do you think that there are people on TSR who are anti-Israel but no dot properly engage in debate?

I think there are people on TSR who are anti-Israel but do not get their point across in an effective manner thus creating an illusion that they are propagandists...
Original post by tsr1269
I don't see such a thread.

I think there are people on TSR who are anti-Israel but do not get their point across in an effective manner thus creating an illusion that they are propagandists...

The mods must have deleted it. Good.

So another simple question: Do you think that the only "propagandists" here are pro-Israel and no one who is anti-Israel could be called a "propagandist"?
Reply 131
So another simple question: Do you think that the only "propagandists" here are pro-Israel and no one who is anti-Israel could be called a "propagandist"?

As pointed out on the first page there are plenty of neo nazis that organise to post propaganda on TSR.
The mods must have deleted it. Good.

We only have your word that he created such a thread.

I think many pro-Israeli supporters on here tend to and in fact, have to rely on propaganda to make their arguments...
Original post by tsr1269
We only have your word that he created such a thread.

I think many pro-Israeli supporters on here tend to and in fact, have to rely on propaganda to make their arguments...

Why can't you give a straight answer to a straight question?

Whatever, I'm beyond caring now.
Why can't you give a straight answer to a straight question?

Whatever, I'm beyond caring now.

I did give a straight answer. I cannot apologise if you ask a question and are unwilling to accept the response...
Original post by tsr1269
I did give a straight answer. I cannot apologise if you ask a question and are unwilling to accept the response...

No you didn't. Anyone who saw my question and your answer can attest to that. I'm done with you and your silliness now.
No you didn't. Anyone who saw my question and your answer can attest to that. I'm done with you and your silliness now.

Given the fact that I had already replied to the second part of your question in the previous post, I felt it would be amiss of me to state the same thing over again and stagnate the discussion so I addressed the first part of your question.

There was the issue of a faint stench of some serious strawmanning wafting from your question.....
Original post by tsr1269
One notable feature which distinguishes those "pure hasbara's" from those who simply wish to put across their viewpoint is their reluctance to engage in debates/discussion and put forward their own viewpoints without resorting to the ubiquitous and cliched arguments that they have been prattling on for donkey years.

There are uses like Pinzer and Chindits and Meenglishisnogood (he is probably just an Islam basher) who dismiss the opposing viewpoint and instead resort to hyperbole, tantrum throwing (HAMAS uses human shields, HAMAS started the conflict, Israel is the most democratic state etc etc) and if that doesn't work, they engage in "whataboutery" (as does the Israeli cabinet on numerous occasions) thinking it absolves Israeli actions.

Then there are users like you, who are pro-Israeli (I presume?) but are willing to engage in debate and discussion.

The way I see it and I believe it is a fair conclusion as I'm sure many others do, is that those who simply regurgitate the same information over and over again without taking into consideration the opposing arguments are propagandists.

It is one thing to spout out information and an altogether different concept to defend that position.

Yeah but the statement "Hamas use human shields" isn't a hyberbole or tantrum its a pretty well supported fact?
Original post by Hattie0912
Yeah but the statement "Hamas use human shields" isn't a hyberbole or tantrum its a pretty well supported fact?

In which case the evidence would be pretty easy to find...
Reply 139
No you didn't. .

Hmm, so anyway what's your opinion on neo-nazis organising to post propaganda on TSR? Is it stupid to think that could be happening too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending