The Student Room Group

who is worse ? Serbia in the 1990s or Israel currently ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by devils18
So you support the killing of children playing football on the beach and children having fun on a playground? What about the right of the Palestinias to defend themselves? The West have played a huge part in the middle east crisis. It's silence over the massacres committed by the terror state of Israel says it all. People are turning to ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah because they are willing to take action the other muslim nations who run by puppets of the US.

Silly, silly post.

Of course I do not support the killing of children. I also do not support the use of children to build terror tunnels under Gaza (look it up). Or the storage of rockets in schools (look it up). Or the firing of rockets from civilian areas (look it up). Or putting children on the roofs of buildings warned to be a target (look it up). Or the indoctrination of children to kill Jews (look it up). Israel has killed hundreds of Palestinian children. Hamas has ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands.

The Palestinians have a right to defend themselves. But from what? Israel were not attacking Gaza before Hamas started firing rockets at Israel. Hamas' rockets are not deterring any attack they are causing them. Wake up and smell the coffee.
All of you should watch this BBC 2 series called 'The Honourable Woman' - it is a good watch and intricately plots a believeable web of Anglo-Israel-Palestine relations.

And no question Serbia's leaders did worse in the 1990s, in scale of cruelty, but the unrepentant heart of Israel is what truly scares us today.
Original post by UniOfLife
Silly, silly post.

Of course I do not support the killing of children. I also do not support the use of children to build terror tunnels under Gaza (look it up). Or the storage of rockets in schools (look it up). Or the firing of rockets from civilian areas (look it up). Or putting children on the roofs of buildings warned to be a target (look it up). Or the indoctrination of children to kill Jews (look it up). Israel has killed hundreds of Palestinian children. Hamas has ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands.

The Palestinians have a right to defend themselves. But from what? Israel were not attacking Gaza before Hamas started firing rockets at Israel. Hamas' rockets are not deterring any attack they are causing them. Wake up and smell the coffee.

If you had any o respect for humanity then you would condemn the actions of Israel. If Israel have these so called sophisticated and advanced weapons from the US and UK then why are there so mancy cvilian deaths and why are they targeting innocent children playing on the beach or in a playground? Put that scenario in the UK or wherever you are. Really think about that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well if that's what the Jewish controlled media do to people like you. If you had any o respect for humanity then you would condemn the actions of Israel. If Israel have these so called sophisticated and advanced weapons from the US and UK then why are there so mancy cvilian deaths and why are they targeting innocent children playing on the beach or in a playground? Put that scenario in the UK or wherever you are. Really think about that.

It doesn't need much thought to realise that when the terrorists you are going after hide among civilians and use civilian buildings to store their weapons and build their tunnels then there will be civilian casualties when you try and remove them. As for incidents like the boys killed on the beach, it again does not take much thought to realise that tragic accidents happen in times of war. Ever heard of friendly fire? Not everything done during war is deliberate.
Well if that's what the Jewish controlled media do to people like you. If you had any o respect for humanity then you would condemn the actions of Israel. If Israel have these so called sophisticated and advanced weapons from the US and UK then why are there so mancy cvilian deaths and why are they targeting innocent children playing on the beach or in a playground? Put that scenario in the UK or wherever you are. Really think about that.

How does Israel benefit from killing civilians? Think about that.

It is obvious that Israel does not want to kill civilians but in this war in particular civilians will die because Hamas uses civilians as a human shield so when Israel does attack its weaponry civilians die.

It is sad that children were targeted but these accidents do happen.

How would you suggest Israel deals with Hamas other than the way they are doing now.
Original post by UniOfLife

Gaza has been blockaded for a long time. There are so many basic supplies that they do not have; there is almost no escape from it. How are the actions of a few deserving of this? It only pushes people towards Hamas, not away from them. No wonder they see them as their last resort.
Reply 46
serbia hand down the stuff they did was mad like mass rape and what not.
Original post by democracyforum
which country was worse in your opinion. if you consider what israel has done over the last 20 years.

Serbia came under attack from Bosnian jihadists. They weren't the only aggressors
Original post by Blues Clues
Gaza has been blockaded for a long time. There are so many basic supplies that they do not have; there is almost no escape from it. How are the actions of a few deserving of this? It only pushes people towards Hamas, not away from them. No wonder they see them as their last resort.

Israel provides aid convoys into Gaza every single day. Of course they are not getting everything they might want and that is the real tragedy of Hamas. As with ISIS and Al Qaeda etc, the primary victims of Islamist terrorism are innocent Muslims who just want to live their lives.

The reality of the situation is that Gaza is in a state of war with Israel and Israel has legally blockaded the strip in order to prevent/limit Hamas from importing weapons. This is the same tactic we (British) used against Germany in our wars against them. You see that it has successfully managed to get hold of medium and long range rockets and would certainly have many more were it not so hard for them to import weapons.

It is indeed extremely tragic that the actions of a few can cause misery to so many. But this is the reality everywhere. 145 million people live in Russia, for example, and only a small number of those are responsible for Russia's behaviour in Ukraine. Yet all are going to feel the effects of British sanctions. Likewise the 75 million people living in Iran. Likewise the 30 million people living in Iraq (when Britain imposed sanctions in the 90s and early 2000s).

Finally, if it is true that the ongoing actions are making people in Gaza like Hamas more then either something is going very wrong inside Gaza or else the people are incapable of rational thought. Any normal person can see that Hamas has redirected millions of dollars of aid money away from helping the Palestinians towards buying rockets and digging tunnels. They have brought destruction to Gaza and call publicly for human shields. They murder other Palestinians who disagree with them. No sane person would see this and then further their support for Hamas. Indeed, the picture emerging is that Hamas are less popular in Gaza because of their actions. They are certainly far less popular outside Gaza with Egyptian and other Arabic journalists and commentators lining up to denounce them.
Reply 49
May I ask what do you think about Croatia's role in the 90s and was it worse than Israel?
Original post by zgb1
May I ask what do you think about Croatia's role in the 90s and was it worse than Israel?

ethnically cleansing 200,000 serbs from Croatia ? yes, that's bad.
Reply 51
Original post by zgb1
As much I dislike the Serb apologists coming from their diaspora in London so do I dislike thoose who demonise Serbs. Not all of them were *******s back in the 1990s, Also, Srebrenica was not the faulth of exclusivly Serbs, as there are some indications that Alija left the civilians behind and that the Dutch batallion did not protect them when they needed to.

That's slightly weird. Leaving aside the fact the claims that Srebrenica was deliberately sacrificed are based essentially on little more than unsubstantiated rumors, you seem to be suggesting that this means the massacre was somehow the fault of someone other than the people who carried it out.

Original post by zgb1

I don't see how it would be worse.

Original post by TheAnusFiles
Serbia came under attack from Bosnian jihadists. They weren't the only aggressors

Nonsense.

That never happened. The main exodus was organized by the Serbian authorities themselves in the face of the Croatian attack.

Operation Storm was a legitimate military operation. Certain individuals would like us to believe that Operation Storm was launched simply against an innocent body of Serbian civilians. They would like us to forget that it was launched against Serbian military forces who had illegally occupied Croatian sovereign territory and had systematically violated the UN brokered ceasefire. Around 12,000-15,000 Croats were killed in this half of the war, and hundreds of Croatian civilians were killed by shelling by the Krajina Serbs after the ceasefire was signed. The Krajina Serbs also were complicit in the genocide in Bosnia-Herzegovina, and repeatedly attacked across the border into Bosnia-Herzegovina. At the time of Operation Storm, the Krajina serbs were attacking the UN safe area of Bihać, threatening the population with an act of genocide similar to that which occured in Srebrenica. Storm also came after repeated Serb rejections of international peace plans which would have rendered in unnescessary. Storm was, if anything, far more justified than current Israeli operations in Gaza.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 52

Ok. Is that the average view there where you live?

(Now Gotovina and the whole O. Storm was acquitted by the Hague tribunal and the court ruled it was not an etnic cleansing but a legitimate action. It is not important now but just saying)

And what do you think about Herzeg-Bosnia? Was the Armija BiH positive or negative?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zgb1
Ok. Is that the average view there where you live?

(Now Gotovina and the whole O. Storm was acquitted by the Hague tribunal and the court ruled it was not an etnic cleansing but a legitimate action. It is not important now but just saying)

And what do you think about Herzeg-Bosnia?

those tribunals are a joke. for example, they will never prosecute israel would they ? they are controlled by the USA and money.
and secondly the tribunal only existed to justify the illegal nato bombing of serbia.

i dunno, what did croatia do to bosnians ?
Reply 54
those tribunals are a joke. for example, they will never prosecute israel would they ? they are controlled by the USA and money.
and secondly the tribunal only existed to justify the illegal nato bombing of serbia.
i dunno, what did croatia do to bosnians ?

Well ok I agree that thoose courts are politicaly motivated only that it was not its goal what you stated. The tribunal was meant to equate each side of the war and to justify Serbia (yes, that may be hardly for you to believe but there are numerous evidence for that), to completely abolish Bosnia as some inocent puppy and that whitewash some countries from its role of the war (UK; which was supporting Serbia back than in 1994).

Well, I will come to that later (Croatia gave refugee to 900 000 Muslims and liberated half of Bosnia in 1995). What do you think about Bosnia and its army? Was it positive or negative in your opinion?
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone who doesn't say Serbia really is deluded.
Reply 56
Original post by Clessus
That's slightly weird. Leaving aside the fact the claims that Srebrenica was deliberately sacrificed are based essentially on little more than unsubstantiated rumors, you seem to be suggesting that this means the massacre was somehow the fault of someone other than the people who carried it out.

Well sorry if you got that impression. Even if Srebrenica is somehow sacrified it does not advocate the VRS which comiteed it.

The whole rumor is coming from a former Bosniak soldier who claims. They are really hard accusation and the Bosniak media and former ABiH bojovnici today are ignoring the topic which is making even more suspicious. But than again I am also not believe it for sure

Original post by Clessus

I don't see how it would be worse.

Well, many believe that O.S. is an etnical claning. So, I would not be surprised that people get such idea
Original post by zgb1
Well ok I agree that thoose courts are politicaly motivated only that it was not its goal what you stated. The tribunal was meant to equate each side of the war and to justify Serbia (yes, that may be hardly for you to believe but there are numerous evidence for that), to completely abolish Bosnia as some inocent puppy and that whitewash some countries from its role of the war (UK; which was supporting Serbia back than in 1994).

Well, I will come to that later (Croatia gave refugee to 900 000 Muslims and liberated half of Bosnia in 1995). What do you think about Bosnia and its army? Was it positive or negative in your opinion?

the "bosnian" army actually had a lot of serbs in it, who fought along with Muslims , fighting Bosnian Serbs

Or am i wrong about that ? It's an interesting fact if it's true.
Reply 58
the "bosnian" army actually had a lot of serbs in it, who fought along with Muslims , fighting Bosnian Serbs

Or am i wrong about that ? It's an interesting fact if it's true.

There was not a significant number of Serbs in the Bosnian Army (there was only this one general and that is it). In other hand in the Serbian army there was one whole brigade made of Muslims (also google Meša Selimović brigade).
Obviously the Bosnian army was good, . A bunch of civilians who had never fought before formed a resistance movement against the 4th largest army in the world.

Also, Herzeg-Bosnia, so to speak, was also a genocidal entity and has no right to exist. BOSNA BOSNJACIMA.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending