The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I am especially when I am rushed for time. My handwriting is bad enough as it is normally never mind writing quickly in an exam :/
Original post by ohitstia
]What are you hoping for?
5A*'s, 6A's

What are you expecting?
2A*'s, 8A's, 1B. Oh that dreaded B.

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
No. I would love to have no B's and 3A*'s. I would be happy with that.

How will you open them?
I'm in Italy so will receive an email, which I will most likely open in the car and it will probably be a horrible time.
How will you celebrate / react?
If good, will say, 'They're alright' and nothing more. If bad, will be in an awful mood for days and will be the most horrible person you've ever met.

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
Unless I have completely failed, yes :smile:

LOL im expecting the same as well :3 2A* 8As and 1B :3 i dont think idid as well as id hoped... whats ur B going to be in, my one is defo french, unless id be lucky enough to get an A
Original post by Angelo12231
LOL im expecting the same as well :3 2A* 8As and 1B :3 i dont think idid as well as id hoped... whats ur B going to be in, my one is defo french, unless id be lucky enough to get an A

Pretty sure mine will be Spanish or Physics :frown:( hopefully not both!
Pretty sure mine will be Spanish or Physics :frown:( hopefully not both!

Yeah, id feel pretty gutted if i got more than 1b, what you doing at A level?
I will go in, collect them, go to one corner and open them. I will open them one by one bu sliding a paper down the page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angelo12231

I'm going for a grade in French, I was put on the higher tier due to my writing capabilities... which I claimed to be mine, but majority of my work which I submitted was actually Google Translate.
Although, I'm not concerned about French too much, aiming for at least 7 A*s.
Open it and skim the page as soon as I get it. Better pull the band-aid quickly rather than prolong it and if I cry, well.... at least, I'll have an excuse for failing my other ones.

*sad smile*
Oh and one more thing. Is anyone else worried that their handwriting was illegible?

Yess, omg. My English teacher was marking my work in front of the whole class once, and she told me I need to change my handwriting before the exams start. But tbh I've seen people get like A*'s even though their handwriting is highly illegible.
Original post by funkydee19
Yess, omg. My English teacher was marking my work in front of the whole class once, and she told me I need to change my handwriting before the exams start. But tbh I've seen people get like A*'s even though their handwriting is highly illegible.

That happened to me as well. Except it was my spanish teacher. Hoping it won't matter. Although, thinking back over some of my exams, perhaps it is better if my writing was illegible!
Original post by JayJay-C19
x

I'm hoping for my very best. I'm not sure what I got, I think I either did like my best (like 10A*'s and 3A's) or got what my sister got (5A*'s, 7A's and 1B) or did slightly worse (5A*'s, 6A's and 2B's). Tbh, I'd be happy with any of those grades. Those expectations are very high though, so maybe I'm just being too optimistic.

I will literally rip open the packet and read my grades first for all the subjects and then re-read for the ums.

I will celebrate with food because food makes me happy (I'm not fat I swear, I just like food). If I get those grades I will be able to meet my sixth offer, because I need 3A's (in Biology, Chemistry and Theatre studies) and 1B (In English Literature) and overall I need 5A*-C grades to get in. I'm slightly confident because in our mocks I got A*s in all 4 of the subjects, but I don't think I worked as hard for the real exam as I did for the mocks so fingers crossed. And I already have 2A*s from exams I did last year.
Reply 210
Oh and one more thing. Is anyone else worried that their handwriting was illegible?

A little, yeah!
3 weeks tomorrow guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
why OH WHY did I just get reminded of results day!@#$%^&*()
Original post by happysmile
why OH WHY did I just get reminded of results day!@#$%^&*()

Ahaha sorry- I actually posted it on the wrong forum I was supposed to do it on the official thread for gcse results day sorry :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! The day before my RE exam we got our mocks back and the teacher gave me 0/4 for SPaG because she struggled to read my writing. Uh oh.
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
History A*
German A*
French A*
Eng lit A*
Eng lang A*
Maths A*
Core Science A* (already got it)
Additional Science A*
Art A

What are you expecting?
6 A* 2 A 1 B/C

Not if I get a C. It'll have to do though.

How will you open them?

Open the envelope and read the results. Probably read the paper wrong and panic, then realise I've done fine.

Smile if I get what I'm hoping for. Cry if I get a C, just stare and accept it I suppose haha.

Will you meet your Sixth form offer?

Yeah probs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths - A* - I've always been strong at Maths.
English Language - A* - This was a subject I tried really hard in even though I wasn't good at it. I got an A in the mocks.
English Literature - B
Additional and Further Science - A*
Geography - A*
Business Studies - A*
RE - A*
DT - A*
French - B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shred the envelope before opening it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am hoping for 6A*s and 7As - reality is that I will probably get Cs and a few Bs thrown into the mix! (Or fail some). I would not be happy with them as I set high standards for myself and always have. I will open them far from anyone else to pull myself together when I tell my parents. I would probably cry either way it goes and then get drunk to drown my sorrows or celebrate! Yes I will get into college as they have low entry requirements of 5Cs and I already have an A* and 2As.
Hi Jay! Great thread :biggrin:

What are you hoping for?
4A*s 5As 2Bs
What are you expecting?
3A* 3As 3B 2C/D
Probably not as I've worked really hard/sob
How will you open them?
Open the envelope calmly in a corner and away from teachers/parents/friends.
Shove my headphones in and blast out to music whilst sipping a slushie.
Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
Should do hopefully! Have conditional offers. If all fails then prostitution I guess...

Latest