The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The mistake here is treating Israel's Jews as a religion when being Jewish is more of an ethnicity. Their hatred is not based on religion you can't just suddenly become Jewish you have to have to be born Jewish.
Original post by Lorenzo Mancini
The mistake here is treating Israel's Jews as a religion when being Jewish is more of an ethnicity. Their hatred is not based on religion you can't just suddenly become Jewish you have to have to be born Jewish.

I don't really get your point... How is Judaism relevant to the topic at hand?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
x

well. traditionally i've alway been in favour of gaza.

but its a bit more complicated than that.

theres a difference between understanding and condoning. let me make that clear.

i understand the trauma the jews went through during WWII
and why the inhumanity they suffered leant itself to the inhumanity they inflicted upon the natives of israel.

however after this they have made things worse and worse.

they have repeatedly killed innocents, bombed indiscriminately and made petty decisions.

israeli government is screwing over israelis and taking advantage of them out of fear.

demolishing houses and the trigger happy way they are over there leaves a lot of people with no life worth living.

but the way hamas grooms youngsters in to dying for their cause is sickening.

and they have been getting worse to the point where they are making their own people suffer.

israel has had a pretty outrageous way of dealing with palestine.

i find the fact that they need to spread lies and propaganda via a state funded team is crazy.

and then this type of stuff.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34825873/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/israel-snubs-turkish-ambassador-public/#.U9gRbIBdUuE

is just so immature its scary.

i think really its just quite a mess. i think israel needs to stay out of the situation completely in gaza and that it needs to purely a nato force even on the border control.

i think west bank needs to intervene in gaza and take over the administration from hamas.
Both sides are in the wrong. Palestine used rockets and Israel retaliated brutally. The retaliation was so devastating because Israel is a far superior military force to Palestine. But as despicable as Israel have been there is little conceivable alternative when it comes to stopping the attack. The Israeli government have a duty of care to their people and a responsibility to protect their interests. Just look at America's retaliation to 9/11.
This video is brilliant btw.
Original post by RayApparently
Both sides are in the wrong. Palestine used rockets and Israel retaliated brutally. The retaliation was so devastating because Israel is a far superior military force to Palestine. But as despicable as Israel have been there is little conceivable alternative when it comes to stopping the attack. The Israeli government have a duty of care to their people and a responsibility to protect their interests. Just look at America's retaliation to 9/11.

Utter bs. Israel do NOT want peace. There is no indication in their history that they want peace. They've defied every attempt at peace. Israel's aim today is to complete the invasion: take the West Bank and Gaza

They expect Palestinians to take them seriously when they turn up (as a token gesture, nothing more) to peace meetings whilst concurrently expanding illegal settlements? Are you serious. They have absolutely no intention of peace until Palestine is wiped off the map.

I find it incredible that apartheid exists in Israel - you realise there is a law for Israeli Jews and a separate form of punishment (no laws, usually incarceration without trial, beatings and torture) for Palestinians/Arabs. Quite literally, an Israeli Jew could shoplift and get a smack on the wrist. The Arab that does this will disappear for months or years, and maybe never return. They have no rights whatsoever.
(edited 9 years ago)
Any rational person with a conscience will support the Palestinians. You have to be blind to think otherwise.

Israel like to carpet bomb when school is out. It maximizes fear when you have scores of burning children in the streets. They're hoping it'll drive Palestinians out so they can finally capture Gaza and the West Bank.

Let's hear it from an Israeli General's son:

An Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about …: http://youtu.be/nrC4lHD7Y6g
(edited 9 years ago)
Something interesting to note. I've just seen an Aljazeera report that claims 256 children have been killed and 86 women.

That would then leave something like 800 men killed.

Interesting how many of them were fighters.

IDF reckon they've hit over 400 in the ground operation alone.

Looks like the "mostly civilians" line may be a tad misleading.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RayApparently

I'm not blaming anyone here, to be honest. In the beginning of the Israel-Palestine conflict, i chose a side. But i did not really achieve anything from choosing one side over the other. I just don't want to see helpless victims suffer anymore. And it's clearly obvious that in this war, more and more innocent little kids are being killed and injured.

We need a solution. Let's not play the blame game.
After what Israel tried with Lebanon smh :angry:
Original post by Mystery Me

We need a solution. Let's not play the blame game.

I'm trying not to, thus my first sentence.
Original post by silent ninja
Utter bs. Israel do NOT want peace. There is no indication in their history that they want peace. They've defied every attempt at peace. Israel's aim today is to complete the invasion: take the West Bank and Gaza

They expect Palestinians to take them seriously when they turn up (as a token gesture, nothing more) to peace meetings whilst concurrently expanding illegal settlements? Are you serious. They have absolutely no intention of peace until Palestine is wiped off the map.

I find it incredible that apartheid exists in Israel - you realise there is a law for Israeli Jews and a separate form of punishment (no laws, usually incarceration without trial, beatings and torture) for Palestinians/Arabs. Quite literally, an Israeli Jew could shoplift and get a smack on the wrist. The Arab that does this will disappear for months or years, and maybe never return. They have no rights whatsoever.

^^This^^, and a whole lot more besides. They can't use the Holocaust to pull in the sympathy vote any longer. If Israel is not careful, they may find their own Country being wiped off the map. They are vastly outnumbered in the Middle-east.
If the scale of destruction that has happened to the Palestinians occurred to the Americans or Israelis, I can bet a good amount that nuclear bombs would be used.
Typical left wing, know-nothing.

Absolute dreadful stuff there. So naive, so misinformed.
Original post by Jubz1
If the scale of destruction that has happened to the Palestinians occurred to the Americans or Israelis, I can bet a good amount that nuclear bombs would be used.

What, like when palestinians killed over 1,000 Israelis in the second intifada?
Original post by silent ninja

If Israel wanted to, they would have already wiped Palestine off the map.

@OP, I think Brand's views are irrelevant and that celebrities should not voice their opinions on the issue. Their views are no more valid and carry no more weight than those of the man on the street, and yet they use the platform they've been given to ensure many more people listen to their message. That to me is wrong.
Original post by Pinzgauer
Typical left wing, know-nothing.

Absolute dreadful stuff there. So naive, so misinformed.

Tell us more then?
Looks like Gaza's only power station has now been destroyed.
Original post by tengentoppa
If Israel wanted to, they would have already wiped Palestine off the map.

Like they're not doing that right now..

They're taking land as we speak, what is they're justification for dropping leaflets? To tell people to move so they can strike? What's the point in striking if there's no one there? To destroy it so it's not habitable
Reply 3079
Original post by MrEFeynman
^^This^^, and a whole lot more besides. They can't use the Holocaust to pull in the sympathy vote any longer. If Israel is not careful, they may find their own Country being wiped off the map. They are vastly outnumbered in the Middle-east.

The history of the region would suggest otherwise. Israel is surrounded by hostile nations, who have declared war on them and invaded from the very beginning of the state.

Ultimately, Israel has soundly defeated all comers in the past, and has in recent times benefitted from hi tech weapons.

It also boils down to the fact that Arabs can't fight, so they're happy to let the Palestinians and Hamas paramilitaries do their fighting for them, as there is no possible way they would ever be able to beat Israel in a stand-up fight.

Latest

Trending

Trending