The Student Room Group

why havent i recieved anything by post from student finance!?

i sent off my student finance before the deadline on 31 may and its been over 8 weeks and i havent recieved anything by post from student finance! i am getting really worried, when i sent it of it said submitted and that they'll contact me by post once is been approved which takes 6 weeks, but its been way over 6 weeks, in fact its been 8 weeks why havent i recieved anything yet!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TheGameOfScience
i sent off my student finance before the deadline on 31 may and its been over 8 weeks and i havent recieved anything by post from student finance! i am getting really worried, when i sent it of it said submitted and that they'll contact me by post once is been approved which takes 6 weeks, but its been way over 6 weeks, in fact its been 8 weeks why havent i recieved anything yet!

i haven't received mine either so don't worry you're not the only one. They are just stupidly slow at everything. When it gets closer to September and you still haven't got anything I advise you call them

What pisses me off even more is they don't even tell you if they are waiting for something from you, twice before last year I had to ring them up and was told on the phone that they were waiting for documents but I had never received a letter or warning about it. The service is real bad lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Have you tried checking your online account to see if you need to do anything? I saw my award online about a week before it came in the post! x
Original post by a10
i haven't received mine either so don't worry you're not the only one. They are just stupidly slow at everything. When it gets closer to September and you still haven't got anything I advise you call them

What pisses me off even more is they don't even tell you if they are waiting for something from you, twice before last year I had to ring them up and was told on the phone that they were waiting for documents but I had never received a letter or warning about it. The service is real bad lol

You're supposed to check your account, it tells you if you need to do anything and it also tells you any documents they have sent you.
Reply 4
Original post by chocomalbom
You're supposed to check your account, it tells you if you need to do anything and it also tells you any documents they have sent you.

lol i did and funny enough there was no notification...i was only told it by phone when i rung in
Original post by a10

OMG *Whew* i was getting really really worried there, thanks for replying a10, i cant believe this! student finance is slacking, i was planning to call them after results day or during august sometime, i constantly keep checking my account with nothing new as in there is literally no notifications, it just said my application has been submitted. NO WAY! omg that is so damnn annoying, they should call you if they want anything specifically, do you recommend i call them soon like 2morro or? arrrghh your defo right their service is really bad lol :facepalm:
Original post by gandespink
Have you tried checking your online account to see if you need to do anything? I saw my award online about a week before it came in the post! x

yeah i have checked it so many times and i have had no new notifications or letters that will be sent:frown:
Reply 7
Check your online account and see the status of your application, if it's been approved or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
do you recommend i call them soon like 2morro or? arrrghh your defo right their service is really bad lol :facepalm:

yeah you may as well call them just to check, they are funny at times.
Original post by numanali
Check your online account and see the status of your application, if it's been approved or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it just says its been submitted and they require nothing further
Original post by a10
yeah you may as well call them just to check, they are funny at times.

arrrgghhh mmaannn, thanks, what is their telephone helpline number?
Original post by chocomalbom

i have so many times but it just says the same thing, that its been submitted and they require nothing further, its just so frustrating.
Reply 12
arrrgghhh mmaannn, thanks, what is their telephone helpline number?

idk cant remember i usually just google it lol

you'll find it on the website
What I tell all my friends is to ring this number 0300 100 0601, it's the complaints line. They would sort it out for you. Don't bother ringing the normal customer service, they are a bunch of idiots who are restricted to the info they have infront of them. Just ring the number I gave, it should sort it out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
They'll just say the same thing. It'll take X amount of working days for X and Y papers to be processed. Mine took around 4 weeks until I randomly checked one day and it said approved. I had to change my course/uni location so even more waiting, woop!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really. I put in a change of circumstances form 12 weeks ago. It didn't get actioned after sending in forms 4 times. The normal
Customer service team promised me each time that it would be actioned in x amount of weeks. So I did some research after all that frustration. Found this number, rung them up, and the person changed it within 2 minutes, whilst I was over the phone. On this complaints line, they have some actual power or authorisation to do stuff. So no point ringing the normal customer service. Just ring these guys up (the number I provided you with) and they'll sort it out straightaway, they won't just do promises, they take action!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by numanali
What I tell all my friends is to ring this number 0300 100 0601, it's the complaints line. They would sort it out for you. Don't bother ringing the normal customer service, they are a bunch of idiots who are restricted to the info they have infront of them. Just ring the number I gave, it should sort it out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Original post by a10
idk cant remember i usually just google it lol

you'll find it on the website

:lol: ok thanks
Reply 18
:lol: ok thanks

might ring them soon also it's been more than 7 weeks for me -___- !
Original post by a10
might ring them soon also it's been more than 7 weeks for me -___- !

arrggh you should, student finance is a pain in the backside, i sent mine just before the deadline, like hours before on the 31st, so mines been like nearly 8 months but it did say i submitted it successfully, when did you send your application?

Quick Reply