The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenmhari
Some nat 5 marking schemes are up. Do you think higher marking schemes and papers will be up before the 5th? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

where's the marking schemes?
Reply 261
Original post by laurenmhari
Some nat 5 marking schemes are up. Do you think higher marking schemes and papers will be up before the 5th? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which marking schemes have you seen? I'm only aware of the maths one.
SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Biology Discussion Thread
Another Day already, only 6 days left, how do you plan to make this go by?
Reply 264
Original post by mathsisannoying

You need to chill out man
Pretty anxious for Tuesday, I need 3 As at Advanced Higher to get uni. Fingers crossed! :smile:

im chilled dont worry just come on here like same time every night to post my countdown :smile:
Original post by Adykonvict1
did you hear that from a credible source? Secondly I thought the paper was good , just the last question in section one. The bit were it said evaluate these religous views. What did you do for that?

Yeah, my tutor's boss is in the team that sets the papers. It was only a consideration.
Gosh, I was happy with the last question - I just copied the 2011 paper's answers! I think there was a 6 marker on the morality of war? I struggled on that one. Can't remember the question though :frown:
Oh well :h:

UKCAT revision :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8

Posted from TSR Mobile

This ^ :angry::mad:
Hope everyone else is having a fun summer :frown:
Original post by AndrewSCO
Pretty anxious for Tuesday, I need 3 As at Advanced Higher to get uni. Fingers crossed! :smile:

Whats your offer for? Im guessing its somewhere in England too :tongue:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElectricScalpel
Yeah, my tutor's boss is in the team that sets the papers. It was only a consideration.
Gosh, I was happy with the last question - I just copied the 2011 paper's answers! I think there was a 6 marker on the morality of war? I struggled on that one. Can't remember the question though :frown:
Oh well :h:

Hmmm, I done the capital punishment . The last question was worded the same. The part (a) was to describe the religous views on war etc. secondly for part (b) it said we had to evaluate that religous view. I mainly used secular arguments when evaluating the views in part (a) for question (b). Criticisms , not quite sure that is quite correct but I desperately need an A.
Original post by AspiringMedic8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown:
It's just the Abstract Reasoning that's pulling me down...

Original post by Adykonvict1
Hmmm, I done the capital punishment . The last question was worded the same. The part (a) was to describe the religous views on war etc. secondly for part (b) it said we had to evaluate that religous view. I mainly used secular arguments when evaluating the views in part (a) for question (b). Criticisms , not quite sure that is quite correct but I desperately need an A.

Yeah, I need an A too :biggrin: Hopefully we do get what we want...only time will tell
Original post by cookiepink
where's the marking schemes?

Below the past papers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Less than a week now.

I left school at 16 and didn't go to college until I was 20. I'm almost 23 now. I had a rough childhood and failed all of my GCSE's.

However these last few years I've changed beyond recognition and college has made me a completely different person. I managed to get ABB last year in my Scottish Highers and this year I'm predicted AABB. Although English was a bit dodgy so it could end up being AABC. I need BBB for Stirling uni and ABBB for Aberdeen. I've never worked so hard in my life as I have in these past years. I have my heart set on uni now so even if I don't get in this year I will keep trying until I do.

Good luck y'all.
Original post by Ecasx
Which marking schemes have you seen? I'm only aware of the maths one.

Nat 5 - modern studies is up too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm feeling a mix of being content as I have an unconditional, feeling apprehensive and quite excited which is odd considering my exams didn't go as well as they should have. I'm feeling most nervous about higher philosophy, then advanced English and advanced music.

I'm going to England too! :smile:
Original post by DylanJ96
I'm feeling a mix of being content as I have an unconditional, feeling apprehensive and quite excited which is odd considering my exams didn't go as well as they should have. I'm feeling most nervous about higher philosophy, then advanced English and advanced music.

I'm going to England too! :smile:

Did you do Hume for epistemology?
Original post by NinetyOne
Did you do Hume for epistemology?

We did Descartes for epistemology. Did you do higher philosophy? How did you find the exam?
Original post by ManicPumpkin
Ah Results Day. I do keep forgetting that I have results to get! So glad I received an Unconditional. Don't think I could bare the stress of results day, again. However if you have a Conditional, very best of luck! :smile:

Do you think you worked as hard in sixth year since you have an unconditional? I know that a lot of my motivation just disappeared as soon as I got my unconditional.

Quick Reply

Latest