The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was really into it and fell off boxing after Canelo and Floyd faught...because Floyd won and I don't need to stick around any longer, satisfied :biggrin: I know he has a contract saying that he will have fights for 3 more yrs or something. Not interested in who those people will be as they will lose lmao.

^^^What happens when you hang around da dudes
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Manny Pacquiao
I agree, Floyd is an idiot. If he doesn't fight me next, I'll fight you.

I'd like to hear the ring announcer attempt to prounounce 'ZSHNZ' :tongue:
There are some interesting fights coming up.

I am thinking about taking Kell Brook over Porter.
It's my name without the vowels so I guess it would be hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5624
I still think Lara beat Canelo, to be honest.
Original post by Kay D
I still think Lara beat Canelo, to be honest.

Meh. I think one fighter wasn't throwing enough and the other kept on missing.

Lara said he did the same as Mayweather except the reality is that Mayweather was much better offensively.
Reply 5626
Yeah, Mayweather completely dominated Canelo but Lara simply beat Canelo, in my opinion. But it's crazy to think of how dominant Floyd was against Canelo but one of the judges scores it a draw. Then the 117-111 judge in the Lara fight.
Original post by Kay D
Yeah, Mayweather completely dominated Canelo but Lara simply beat Canelo, in my opinion. But it's crazy to think of how dominant Floyd was against Canelo but one of the judges scores it a draw. Then the 117-111 judge in the Lara fight.

Thats what I hate about boxing, the scoring is uneven a lot of the time.
Reply 5628
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Want to see Manny vs Maidana

Pacquiao would take him apart.
Original post by trrr
Pacquiao would take him apart.

A couple years ago - yes. Now? I'm not so sure. I think it'd be a very competitive 12 round match-up.
Reply 5630
A couple years ago - yes. Now? I'm not so sure. I think it'd be a very competitive 12 round match-up.

He might not be in his prime anymore but he is still an elite fighter. Pacquiao generally eats up brawlers and his foot speed, angles and hand speed should still be too much for Maidana.

I think Maidana has a chance at a knockout. Don't really see him getting a decision.
Original post by DorianGrayism
I think Maidana has a chance at a knockout. Don't really see him getting a decision.

Hmmm
Looking forward to Kell Brook VS Shawn Porter. 2 weeks left.
I would like to see Floyd Mayweather VS Amir Khan after Floyd's rematch with Maidana.
But I dont think they will fight yet. Who knows..
Don't worry CJ Ross aint never coming back........hopefully Lol
Reply 5635
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Don't worry CJ Ross aint never coming back........hopefully Lol

Nor Levi Martinez, hopefully. The fact that Canelo got a 114-114 scorecard against Mayweather speaks volumes. Nothing against Canelo himself, but the politics are just sad.

I think a rematch with Lara and Canelo would be interesting. I actually enjoyed their fight and thought Lara got the victory. But as soon as they said split decision, I had a bad feeling.
People enjoyed Canelo Lara? I don't want to see Lara fight ever again.
I had canelo winning due to Laras ridiculously low punch output, I think he was definitely affected by all those withering body punches canelo was throwing

Having said that Laras ring technique and intelligence is superb. Yes it's boring to watch if all you like are pub room brawls. Aside from the low punch output he was outboxing canelo at times with pin point accuracy as well. Very nice to watch him. Especially vs trout. One of his best wins imo
Reply 5638
But the thing that bugs me is that I can't see which seven rounds Canelo actually won.
Reply 5639
Some decent fights coming up, really looking forward to Hopkins vs Kovalev and Froch vs Chavez Jr.

Latest