The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n00
Well I don't think the police would be justified in returning fire in such a situation either and thats certainly not what our police would do, but then thats not what's actually happening either is it. It would be more like a criminal running into a school playground and the police turning up in tanks and kettling the whole school in, depriving them of essentials and then firing on them from their tanks when the criminal starts throwing spears at their tank.

so the police should let themselves be killed in droves to avoid possibly harming an innocent? We talk about palestinian deaths, but how many Israelis would need to die before they're allowed to defend themselves?

No, that's not what's happening in the slightest - Hamas is firing on Israel, Israel is returning fire - that's how war works. The difference is Israel has stronger forces - which they've needed to defend themselves on all sides from attacks in the past. War isn't generally equal in terms of casualties, but the difference is Israel distances it's fighting from its citizens, Hamas undertakes guerilla warfare and puts civilians in the firing line. So, we've got a question here - should israel not retaliate and allow Iron Dome to be overwhelmed and its citizens slaughtered to protect palestinian citizens, or should it retaliate, defend its citizens from those that would kill them, at the risk of killing innocent palestinians?

You're clearly an impressionable type as evident by being taken in by your neo-nazi friend, now you're buying the Israeli propaganda hook line and sinker, really quite scary how powerful propaganda can be don't you think?

First of all, I don't have any neo-nazi friends that I know of, secondly if we want to talk about propaganda, how about Hamas managing to not only paint itself as the victim for not being allowed to commit genocide, but also painting Israel as the bad guys for defending itself from genocide?

Now, lets take country names out of it and describe a situation - At the end of a world war, borders are redrawn. The people who lost land in that take umbrage at that and start to make motions to take back the land that was "stolen" from them. Foreign leaders attempt to negotiate peace, but this is rejected, and groups of the people whose land was "stolen" start to launch an offensive against the country that "took their land", while calling for the eradication of an entire ethnic group and giving off fascist gestures. Which side do we feel the sympathy for - the people who feel their land was taken, or the people who were given the land and were then targeted for genocide.
Original post by Pinzgauer
Coordinated with the UN, as it states "Israel has agreed to a humanitarian ceasefire"

Given the UN and Hamas are practically lovers in Gaza with UNRWA, it seems odd they were not told.

Or perhaps they were told, which is why they opened fire at precisely 3pm. :wink:

May one see a source?

No news report states that it was "coordinated with the UN".
Original post by Meenglishnogood
im afraid it doesnt serve you correctly, because i posted to un statement link for you to read in full and also quoted ban ki moon. no one in any reputable media source has denied the un statement.

as i said im not going to play this game of pedantry that you like toget into, the info is all there, either you want to read it, or you want to stick your head in the sand.

one the subject of hamas and the palestine issue - as ive said many times, hamas are working against the palestinian people, they attract military action from isreal right onto the heads of the palestinian people (an their schools where they store the rockets) by firing their rockets,

There was a thread floating around here stating that words to the effect that "Ban Ki Moon was useless".

Do you believe he is useless?
there should be a tsr moderation policy against those blatently lieing - i posted him the UNRWA press release 3 days ago showing that those rockets were hidden in schools - tsr1269 is fully aware of it

Well, when the Mods read news reports and conclude something other than what is in the news reports, then they do end up looking rather foolish...
Original post by tsr1269
May one see a source?

No news report states that it was "coordinated with the UN".

After announcing that the Gaza factions are not obligated to adhere to Israel's unilateral humanitarian ceasefire, requested by the UN, the Palestinians fired at least three rockets at Israel past the 3pm start time of the truce. One rocket hit inside a community in Sdot Negev, and a woman suffered from shock. Another was intercepted over Ashdod, and a third fell in an open area in Hof Ashkelon.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4552131,00.html
it is a religious one ( as in the case of most conflicts where muslim populations are used to push an agenda) the very name 'hamas' is an acronym Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamah al-ʾIslāmiyyah, "Islamic Resistance Movement

Is it a solely religious one as Bibi is trying to portray it as?
Original post by tsr1269
Is it a solely religious one as Bibi is trying to portray it as?

no its a religious one because they describe themselves as such, which has jsut been pointed out to you
Original post by miavdbt
From now on, I will list all the logical fallacies in your posts because I believe it is much more productive than actually responding to your (usually ludicrous) 'opinions'.

Red herring,

So in that hypothetical example, one can state that Israel will have broken 59 ceasefires in one hour.

You don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

ad hominem

It can't be because I addressed the main crux of your point and this was a throwaway comment at something not tied to the argument.
(edited 9 years ago)
no its a religious one because they describe themselves as such, which has jsut been pointed out to you

I asked if it is a "solely" religious organisation...
Original post by tsr1269
Darling, you could go hang yourself and no one would care.

ad hominem

So in that hypothetical example, one can state that Israel will have broken 59 ceasefires in one hour.

counterfactual fallacy

You don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

It can't be because I addressed the main crux of your point and this was a throwaway comment at something not tied to the argument.

Referred to something else.
Reply 3250
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
so the police should let themselves be killed in droves to avoid possibly harming an innocent?

I believe normally the police would withdraw to a safe distance and try and clear the area of innocent civilians before opening fire. :wink:

We talk about palestinian deaths, but how many Israelis would need to die before they're allowed to defend themselves?
No Israelis would need to die before they're allowed to defend themselves, they just have to keep their response proportional, which quite clearly they're not.

First of all, I don't have any neo-nazi friends that I know of,
No? Not three mile?

painting Israel as the bad guys
Whats the death toll up to now? I think Israel are doing a pretty good job of that all by themselves.

Corroborating evidence from the UN please? Make it specific, not general.

None of the other media is reporting this "requested by the UN"...
It would be nice if Tsr could address people's points rather than rely solely on his/ her straw man arguments through most of these posts.

Tsr, it is an irrelevant hypothetical example. It's implausible for it to occur in reality.

Furthermore, Tsr, I am fluent in three languages and have good command of a fourth. I wonder how many languages you speak.
Original post by tsr1269
Corroborating evidence from the UN please? Make it specific, not general.

None of the other media is reporting this "requested by the UN"...

I can't do all the leg work for you. I realise this is one of your tactics to get people bogged down in trying to get your sources whilst you bat them away and want different sources.

All the while contributing very little of your own sources.
Original post by miavdbt
ad hominem

Prove it.

counterfactual fallacy

The antecedent is not false so therefore it is not a counterfactual fallacy, contrary to your claims.

Referred to something else.

English sayings are not your strong point, we get it...
Original post by tsr1269
I asked if it is a "solely" religious organisation...

no in reality its a terrorist organisation with an islamist agenda ( which is to seize all of palestine from the jews)
Original post by Pinzgauer
I can't do all the leg work for you. I realise this is one of your tactics to get people bogged down in trying to get your sources whilst you bat them away and want different sources.

So that's a no?! Wow! What a shocker!!!!!!!!!

All the while contributing very little of your own sources.

I give sources for the statements I make or I don't make statements which I cannot provide evidence of.

I suggest you take a leaf out of my book.
no in reality its a terrorist organisation with an islamist agenda ( which is to seize all of palestine from the jews)

Is it a "solely" religious terrorist organisation?
Original post by tsr1269
Is it a "solely" religious terrorist organisation?

see my answer above
Original post by Sic semper erat
We should thank Israel for fighting the war of terror for us

Fixed:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending