The Student Room Group

Ask an A-Level Student

Scroll to see replies

Bump :smile:
question:may seem a bit childish but ive always wondered have you ever seen anyone in your sixth form/college be bf and gf because to me that seems seriously uncommon(ofc i know the real purpose of sixth form/college is to learn) and if so how did they cope with it? Just saying incase...y'know....:smile:
Original post by scrawlx101
question:may seem a bit childish but ive always wondered have you ever seen anyone in your sixth form/college be bf and gf because to me that seems seriously uncommon(ofc i know the real purpose of sixth form/college is to learn) and if so how did they cope with it? Just saying incase...y'know....:smile:

I think you just have to put your studies before your relationships, that's all. If you find it getting in your way then just take a break :smile:
Original post by scrawlx101

Yes, two friends dated most of year 12 and 13 (late Nov year 12- May year 13 (exam season)) but it didn't end well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 124
Original post by BeeBuzz
I'm going to be doing psychology Aqa A as well :smile: i just bought the Nelson Thornes book which i recommend. I used a Nelson Thornes book for GCSE psychology also and it was soooooo helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldnt be doing a levels until the start of next year but my options are between psychology/sociology maybe even sports studies. Or even French or history! Haha I don't have a clue what my fourth option is! But I was quite content of the thought of psychology! :tongue:
Original post by Dani04
I wouldnt be doing a levels until the start of next year but my options are between psychology/sociology maybe even sports studies. Or even French or history! Haha I don't have a clue what my fourth option is! But I was quite content of the thought of psychology! :tongue:

Whichever subjects you decide to take make sure they compliment each other :smile: maybe look up courses you might want to take at uni, and search for which A-levels you will need to be able to apply later on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bump :h: still avaliable to answer questions
Reply 127
Original post by BeeBuzz
Whichever subjects you decide to take make sure they compliment each other :smile: maybe look up courses you might want to take at uni, and search for which A-levels you will need to be able to apply later on

Posted from TSR Mobile

I definitely know I'm taking a chemistry degree! I done some research but it said something about psychology complimenting chemistry I don't know why? I'm so confused! :frown:
Original post by Dani04
I definitely know I'm taking a chemistry degree! I done some research but it said something about psychology complimenting chemistry I don't know why? I'm so confused! :frown:

Maths goes quite well with Chemistry. Also, another science will look good to universities. Maths and Science are the ones that are probably their favourite. Psychology is also good because it's a social science - it deals with human behaviour. I think it will also compliment chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
I didn't tell you what I'm taking; I am already going to take Chemistry, Maths and Biology just stuck on the 4th! :tongue:
Original post by Dani04
I didn't tell you what I'm taking; I am already going to take Chemistry, Maths and Biology just stuck on the 4th! :tongue:

Oooooooooooh. Same!! :biggrin: My fourth is Psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 131
Original post by BeeBuzz
Oooooooooooh. Same!! :biggrin: My fourth is Psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg -highfive :tongue: I think my choice of the fourth option will take ages! :unimpressed:
Original post by Dani04
Omg -highfive :tongue: I think my choice of the fourth option will take ages! :unimpressed:

Haha :smile: good luck! Did you do psychology at gcse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dani04

Psychology definitely works well with those a levels. I've also read somewhere that some unis (I can't remember which maybe UCL?) like a non-science subject alongside science a levels. My friend who applied for chemistry this year did biology, chemistry and economics. What subjects did you enjoy at GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
Original post by BeeBuzz
Haha :smile: good luck! Did you do psychology at gcse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! I apologise for my stupidity but I never knew you could even do psychology GCSE :facepalm: Haha sorry :s

Original post by PhoeenBanafrit
Psychology definitely works well with those a levels. I've also read somewhere that some unis (I can't remember which maybe UCL?) like a non-science subject alongside science a levels. My friend who applied for chemistry this year did biology, chemistry and economics. What subjects did you enjoy at GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought I wasn't mad because I looked that up a week ago and I know I saw about psychology suiting them A-Levels! History wasn't too bad but it kind of is getting boring now slightly, I like to take subjects which compliments Chemistry really :tongue:
Original post by Dani04

Yeah I thought I wasn't mad because I looked that up a week ago and I know I saw about psychology suiting them A-Levels! History wasn't too bad but it kind of is getting boring now slightly, I like to take subjects which compliments Chemistry really :tongue:

Looking back at my biology and chemistry work I would probably suggest psychology, as long as you are happy with learning case studies. Psychology compliments chemistry and also occasionally overlaps with some of the work in biology (depending on exam boards). The essay skills you learn will also help later on. I studied biology, chemistry and English literature but I know a few people who did biology, chemistry and psychology including someone who applied for medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dani04
Nope! I apologise for my stupidity but I never knew you could even do psychology GCSE :facepalm: Haha sorry :s

Haha it's all good :smile: psychology at GCSE was fun. I'm sure i'll love it at A level too...apart from the essay parts cause i'm sooo bad at essays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 137
Original post by PhoeenBanafrit
Looking back at my biology and chemistry work I would probably suggest psychology, as long as you are happy with learning case studies. Psychology compliments chemistry and also occasionally overlaps with some of the work in biology (depending on exam boards). The essay skills you learn will also help later on. I studied biology, chemistry and English literature but I know a few people who did biology, chemistry and psychology including someone who applied for medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really was content on having psychology as a fourth option but a lot of people have thrown me off the idea because a lot of posts I read really dislikes the subject psychology that's why I am so paranoid and unsure now about it. I kind of told a relative that and my grandad told me "everyone else's opinions doesn't matter because they're not you" however I feel I should be guided by them? Why would coincidentally a lot of people start saying how bad the topic is? :frown:
Reply 138
[QUOTE="BeeBuzz;48888381"]
Original post by Dani04

Haha it's all good :smile: psychology at GCSE was fun. I'm sure i'll love it at A level too...apart from the essay parts cause i'm sooo bad at essays

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find essay subjects seriously dead easy :tongue:
[QUOTE="Dani04;48888479"]
Original post by BeeBuzz

I find essay subjects seriously dead easy :tongue:

Haha lucky! :tongue: i hope i did well in English lit gcse. I did the aqa exam board

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest