The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

White House condemns Israeli shelling of a UN School.

When your closest ally, the one who has stood up for you time and time again, suddenly turns on you, you know you've gone too far. The Americans are fed up with their "Israeli problem"...
Original post by Sic semper erat
1,325 is the overall deaths (I know because I edit the Wikipedia page and have to provide sources). Why, are you also grieving over Hamas casualties? lol

Nobody knows of the hamas casualties, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to release them.
I would like to know the sources which account 800 round number as civilian and the rest as hamas casualties!
US Senate pushes back against narrative of UNHRC on Gaza

The United States Senate charged the United Nations Human Rights Council with hypocrisy on Tuesday night, passing a resolution that questions why the organization would charge Israel with war crimes in Gaza without mentioning the willful targeting of civilians by Hamas.
The resolution restates Senate support for Israel's right to defend itself against "Hamas' unrelenting and indiscriminate rocket assault into Israel," as well as the right of the Israeli government to "destroy Hamas' elaborate tunnel system into Israeli territory."

"While launching over 2,500 rockets against Israeli citizens, Hamas had also planned to use an extensive network of terror tunnels that extended into Israeli territory to launch mass casualty attacks," the AIPAC statement read. "Israeli forces are currently dismantling the terrorist infrastructure to prevent future attacks."

Beautiful. Even Obama is beginning to see the light, agreeing to increase funding for the Iron Dome. I guess he can't try and push his pro- jihadist opinions any longer, the US is not made up of islamist terrorists yet, unlike Parisstan and Londonstan.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
So why don't they complain about the rest of the ME? Why don't they complain about NK? Why don't they complain about any of the many,many African countries? Why don't they complain about Burma? Why don't they complain about Tibet?

None of those get the coverage or the popular acclaim. Each of those is seeing death and destruction on a similar scale.

Until an equal outcry is made about each, these people, including you, are merely hypocrites.

At least I'm honest with my antipathy for all of it. You're the one being selective.

The response from Muslims and lefties on the Israel-Palestine conflict is proportionate to the amount of media time these issues get. Most people read/watch popular news stories that are found in the majority of newspapers or on TV broadcasts, so it's only natural that people are more aware of one well covered issue as opposed to a less covered issue. When media coverage on the Burma situation increased, so did the outcry from the Muslim community and this was similar with the Egyptian and Libyan revolution, the Syrian civil war, etc. Someone can take a position on something that they don't know anything about, to expect more from the average Muslim (a layman) just because they're Muslim is a bit unfair.
Original post by Al-farhan
1- how do you know that people are only outraged only because israel is doing it.
Nobody gives tow hoots about israel doing it.

I asked you this before and you never answered the questions - where is your "outrage" and threads over Isis and other Muslims killing fellow Muslims? Where is your "outrage" over members in this very forum and in your I-Soc who support those murderous Muslims? Where is your debate with them?
Original post by tsr1269
White House condemns Israeli shelling of a UN School.

When your closest ally, the one who has stood up for you time and time again, suddenly turns on you, you know you've gone too far. The Americans are fed up with their "Israeli problem"...

See above. Their closest ally hasn't turned on them.
Original post by anarchism101
Legitimate according to who?

According to every single State, International Organization, Entity which recognizes Israel to be a sovereign state.
Original post by DeLite
I asked you this before and you never answered the questions - where is your "outrage" and threads over Isis and other Muslims killing fellow Muslims? Where is your "outrage" over members in this very forum and in your I-Soc who support those murderous Muslims? Where is your debate with them?

Tedious aren't you.
I replied to you before you are more than welcome to see my post history to see my stances on isis and terror.
Do not expect me to bring them to you on a plate.
I have nothing to prove to you nor do muslims.
You are the curious one, then go ahead and for once in your life stop being lazy:biggrin:

Ps do not derail thread.
Original post by miavdbt
According to every single State, International Organization, Entity which recognizes Israel to be a sovereign state.

And the same can be said of the State of Palestine: "The State of Palestine is a legitimate state according to those who recognise it as a legitimate state."
"Crimea is part of Russia according to all those who recognise it as part of Russia"
"Kosovo is a legitimate state according to those who recognise it as a legitimate state"
"The Earth is flat according to those who think the Earth is flat."
"We don't actually exist according to those who don't believe we actually exist"
etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HeavyTeddy
The response from Muslims and lefties on the Israel-Palestine conflict is proportionate to the amount of media time these issues get.

You must have been living under a rock if you think that Syria and Iraq (Isis) and Nigeria (Boko Haram) didn't get a shedload of media attention. Where were the Western Muslim protests against these atrocities and the calls and petitions for UN intervention?

What we get instead are protests from pro-Isis Muslims calling for the death of Jews.

http://www.newsweek.com/pro-isis-demonstrators-call-death-jews-hague-262064

Even among Muslims there is disproportionate response depending on Sunni or Shia agendas. With the Syria crisis (before and after Isis), the sectarianism in the debate between Muslims outshone any genuine "outrage" over the value of human lives lost (not just Muslim or just Shia or just Sunni).
Original post by Jammy Duel
And the same can be said of the State of Palestine: "The State of Palestine is a legitimate state according to those who recognise it as a legitimate state."
"Crimea is part of Russia according to all those who recognise it as part of Russia"
"Kosovo is a legitimate state according to those who recognise it as a legitimate state"
"The Earth is flat according to those who think the Earth is flat."
etc

Isn't that what tsr accuses us, Pro-Israelis of doing? Whataboutery? Tsk.

Yeah, well it is legitimate according to those people. I answered the question. What do you want?
Original post by miavdbt
Isn't that what tsr accuses us, Pro-Israelis of doing? Whataboutery? Tsk.

Yeah, well it is legitimate according to those people. I answered the question. What do you want?

So, because I believe that in 5 seconds you are going to spontaneously combust you will do?
Original post by FishLover
Again this might be a silly question but....

Why didn't they cut of the Palestinians water supply and prevent goods from entering the area. As I understand Israel controls both. Wouldn't that make it more likely that Palestinians would turn on HAMAS and might have prevented innocent people from dying.

Because the international community would have a fit.

And it may be illegal, not sure.

You can't cut off the water supply to a population.
Original post by Jammy Duel
So, because I believe that in 5 seconds you are going to spontaneously combust you will do?

No, but if you came and blew yourself up near me, I might combust though not spontaneously. You could ask your Hamas friends to station you near this pro-Israeli scum.

Israel is a sovereign state. It is recognized by the UN and 160 of the 192 UN States. As such, it has certain rights which pertain to it as a sovereign state.

The fact that Israel is a sovereign state and that countries recognize this is not fiction, neither is it a possible outcome. It has happened.
Just to make it clear, the civilian population was evacuated before this.

Those homes concealed tunnels underneath.
Original post by Pinzgauer
Because the international community would have a fit.

And it may be illegal, not sure.

You can't cut off the water supply to a population.

Ah Ok. That seems like a better way though if you consider the long term benefits it could possibly have but that may be because I'm not very informed about military tactives, international laws and such... And so my view may be too simplistic
Original post by DeLite
You must have been living under a rock if you think that Syria and Iraq (Isis) and Nigeria (Boko Haram) didn't get a shedload of media attention. Where were the Western Muslim protests against these atrocities and the calls and petitions for UN intervention?

What we get instead are protests from pro-Isis Muslims calling for the death of Jews.

http://www.newsweek.com/pro-isis-demonstrators-call-death-jews-hague-262064

Even among Muslims there is disproportionate response depending on Sunni or Shia agendas. With the Syria crisis (before and after Isis), the sectarianism in the debate between Muslims outshone any genuine "outrage" over the value of human lives lost (not just Muslim or just Shia or just Sunni).

Well, thank you for using lazy journalism as evidence and source.
Point being ''pro isis'' since when is there proof from the video link or the article itself that these protestors are pro isis, we do not hear them praising isis, calling upon the ''khalipha''...etc just lazy sensationalist journalism
Only thing being they used ''isis'' flags, that would make us assume that isis are the sole owners of this flag, you do know this flag can not be attributed to one single group and almost all groups use it including JAN, and free syrian army who are both fighting isis?!
That is just one point without even bothering with the rest of the drivel in your post
Original post by Sic semper erat
The Gaza Health Ministry has not bothered to distinguish the two. The IDF claims 335 are militants. Several hundreds are unknown. As far as I'm aware Hamas militants don't wear uniform, making it hard to tell if some middle aged man was a fighter or an innocent civilian.

More than that.

IDF reckoned 400 terrorists and that was about 4-5 days ago. That's only in the ground operation alone.

They got many more in air strikes before that.

They can even name many of them.

I posted a thread earlier which indicated 900 men dead.

I would say terrorist dead is not far off that number 650-700 or so

The media is not telling us all this. Bit of a smear campaign against Israel going on.
Original post by Rakas21
Good. Hamas will surely have to submit to peace now.

Israel won't give captured territory back though.

I suppose no one will fight for the hundreds of civilians who were killed then? Israel aren't concerned with anyone but themselves.
Original post by miavdbt

Which for the most part did not come until after the 1948 War.

Latest

Trending

Trending