The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by SirMasterKey
I've gone for RvP at the minute. Will think about changing if need be just before season starts.

Same. I've gone for RVP as well, but not sure about Rooney, i think he might do great but will have to see
Original post by DH1'
I've got Ben Davies at 1m less. Just hope he's nailed on now.

His only competition is Danny Rose, he'll be fine. He's in my team too. Pochettino's Southampton were one of the tightest defenses in the league last season, Lloris Walker Vert Chiriches Davies isn't that bad a backline.

Also, is anyone considering Lukaku now he's at Everton? He can be a frustrating player to own but he'll start every game and scores a lot against the big teams. Shame he's not .5 lower.
Reply 442
Original post by sr90
His only competition is Danny Rose, he'll be fine. He's in my team too. Pochettino's Southampton were one of the tightest defenses in the league last season, Lloris Walker Vert Chiriches Davies isn't that bad a backline.

Also, is anyone considering Lukaku now he's at Everton? He can be a frustrating player to own but he'll start every game and scores a lot against the big teams. Shame he's not .5 lower.

I'm debating between Lukaku and Dzeko. I mean last year with less game time Dzeko got more goals and assits.
I'm probably going to give it a few weeks if Dzekod oesn't play then he's out and Lukaku is in
Original post by sr90

yep. had him in my team presuming the move happened, and now it has - will stay there

Expecting him to have a good year this year.. 100% starter, and will have continuity, a second season at a club, so im expecting him to score more then last year (effectivly his first season)

Plus for now atleast he is not that widely owned, so if it stays that way (unlikely) he may be a good punt that not everyone has..
Reply 444
Original post by fallen_acorns
yep. had him in my team presuming the move happened, and now it has - will stay there

Expecting him to have a good year this year.. 100% starter, and will have continuity, a second season at a club, so im expecting him to score more then last year (effectivly his first season)

Plus for now atleast he is not that widely owned, so if it stays that way (unlikely) he may be a good punt that not everyone has..

yh now that he's moved watch his ownership rise
Can someone explain the limits and rules regarding transfers over the season? And when do points get updated? After every game week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
yh now that he's moved watch his ownership rise

shame prices are not moving at the moment.. otherwise I would make a killing off him..
Original post by ZSHNZ
Can someone explain the limits and rules regarding transfers over the season? And when do points get updated? After every game week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(presuming its the same from last year)

You get 1 free transfer each week..

Every other transfer costs -4pts off your total for that week.

Your weekly score will be updated live as points come in, and then each evening your score in your leagues will be updated.

You get 2 wildcards, one for the season, and one that you can use after january
(presuming its the same from last year)

You get 1 free transfer each week..

Every other transfer costs -4pts off your total for that week.

Your weekly score will be updated live as points come in, and then each evening your score in your leagues will be updated.

You get 2 wildcards, one for the season, and one that you can use after january

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 449
shame prices are not moving at the moment.. otherwise I would make a killing off him..

Lool i'd have already made a killing. I made a team right.at the start
team name: HI
Original post by ..DT..
I've put him in initially, kinda hoping he has a bit of a bee in his bonnet about not getting selected for the WC and gets a sharp price boost early on. That and the fact I can't really justify any one else over him at 8.5.

I had him at first, but then thinking about it Sterling is a MUCH better choice for the same price. He's a guaranteed starter, unlike Nasri who has a lot of competition, and will definitely bag some goals and a handful of assists.
Problem I have with Lukaku is in his price range Dzeko and Giroud are more appealing starting picks. If I was after Everton coverage i think Mirallas offers better value.
Original post by Narcissist
Problem I have with Lukaku is in his price range Dzeko and Giroud are more appealing starting picks. If I was after Everton coverage i think Mirallas offers better value.

I've had both Dzeko & Giroud in a lot of my drafts, they're good picks initially but for the long term i'm not so sure. Can see Wenger ditching Giroud once Walcott is fit and Ozil returns from his break, at least for the games against the bigger sides.

Ramsey ???
Cazorla/Ox Ozil Walcott
Sanchez
Reply 454
Original post by chigyy
I had him at first, but then thinking about it Sterling is a MUCH better choice for the same price. He's a guaranteed starter, unlike Nasri who has a lot of competition, and will definitely bag some goals and a handful of assists.

Guaranteed starter? I'd have thought Nasri is alot more likely to start with having only Milner and Jesus Navas as competition for his place, whereas Sterling has Lallana and Markovic. Also given the fact that he's still only like 19 and with European football I doubt he can play 50/60 games in a season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Latest draft:

De Gea
Felipe Luis, Ben Davies, Demel,
Hazard, Ramsey, Eriksen, Sigurdsson
Sturridge, Dzeko, Giroud

Gilks, Bruce, Cameron, Albrighton

Gone fairly safe with players who all did well last season. Eriksen is a slight punt and I'm assuming Luis starts but otherwise it's pretty dull. I know Dzeko/Giroud will become issues long term but I'll fix that when it becomes clear which strikers are the essentials.

Was torn between Ramsey, Ozil, Mata and Fabregas as the £9mil midfielder. Wary of Fabregas because I'm waiting to see where he plays, and I'm wary of Mata because I don't know how effective our attack will be. I'm really tempted by Ozil, got a feeling he might explode in his second season with Sanchez and eventually Walcott to play in, but I've gone boring and safe for now with Ramsey.

Thoughts?
Original post by Louis.
x

Very decent squad. Although imo I'd get Rooney over Sturridge and spend the £1m on your defence. Got to have a Utd player with your fixtures.
Reply 457
If transfer gossip.is true then I will have to downgrade my strikers.

Apparently United are getting Vidal and.there is a.chance of Arsenal getting Khedira. Now that'd be an interesting dilemma sanchez or.khedira.

Since it's start of season only getting 1 player from each team except United where I'm.getting 2
Original post by little_wizard123
Very decent squad. Although imo I'd get Rooney over Sturridge and spend the £1m on your defence. Got to have a Utd player with your fixtures.

I've got 2 reasons for avoiding Utd players. The first is that if they do well I'm happy anyway, but if they're **** then I'm pissed off and my fantasy team is **** :lol:

The second is that it looks like we're playing wing backs and in that system I'm not sure how well our attack is going to do. Mata behind Rooney and RVP seems perfect but I think we're lacking a player who'll stretch defences and pull defenders out of position. Expecting low scoring games, so I have De Gea and I'll get Vermalean if that move happens. If I'm wrong...well I'm happy anyway, and it won't be too hard to work an attacker in.

I like Sturridge as an option too, Liverpool will still be attacking and he pretty much guarantees goals. He scored enough without Suarez last season for that not to be a worry. Only drawback for me is City/Spurs in gw 2/3.
My team so far:

Howard/ Mannone
Davies, Terry, Zabaleta, Koscielny/ Steven Taylor
Hazard, Sterling, Eriksen/ Dembele, Whelan
Costa, Bony, Wickham

Still trying to choose between Sterling and Nasri, but this team doesn't seem to bad for a first draft.

Quick Reply

Latest