The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roger1
Better to put him on ignore list. His posts make my blood boil. :angry:

Good idea.
Original post by Rakas21
All i want is peace. If Hamas will not abolish their claim to 1967 borders then the fastest route to peace is their annihilation and the absorbing of Gaza into Israel.

Some strong logic there bro :congrats:

Spoiler

This is excellent, well worth watching.

The BBC really is repugnant.

They just basically rubbished ISIS and their social media campaign.

Of course they would not say the same about Hamas.
Israel.
Original post by Samia95
Lol but it is. You can't possibly call yourself a Muslim if your Muslim brothers and sisters (who are innocent) are being massacred by the illegal state that you supposedly support. The Ummah (Muslim community) is like a body, if one part of the body hurts the whole body hurts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's some slightly tribal reasoning
The media is against Palestine, well most of it anyway. No wonder the majority of you are brainwashed into thinking Hamas is a terrorist group and that the Israeli govt is the victim.
Fox news had a Palestinian guest, and what does shawn do? Shawn throws him of just because Yousef didn't have the same views as him. That is bloody stupid. It's so clear what USA's aim is and you Israeli supports are daft, you cannot distinguish what is right and wrong because you have 'thick heads'.

This will never end. Everyone is focused on who is right and who is wrong, even though it's very clear, that no one, including the govts are finding a solution for. All we can do is pray for the Palestinians, in sha Allah Israel will get what they deserve at Qiyamah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pane123
What was so offensive or incorrect about the OP that you felt it necessary to post this drivel?

I can't have a civilised debate with someone who defends actions of a state that is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent men, women and children.

You wouldn't have a civilised debate with a Nazi sympathiser. This is much the same.
Original post by adamsmithqm
I can't have a civilised debate with someone who defends actions of a state that is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent men, women and children.

You wouldn't have a civilised debate with a Nazi sympathiser. This is much the same.

The fact that OP cited a Pat Condell video as providing a basis for (or otherwise summarising) his support of Israel really lost him all credibility at the first hurdle, to be honest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Shadoo
The current attacks against Gaza are the Palestinians fault they refuse to negotiate and continue launching missiles from behind their women and children against Israeli civilians then complain when the Israeli government responds they are basically being cowards and allowing their women and children to suffer while they keep launching missiles and complaining.

Ever heard of something called retaliation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TurboCretin
The fact that OP cited a Pat Condell as providing a basis for (or otherwise summarising) his support of Israel really lost him all credibility at the first hurdle, to be honest.

Glad you agree :smile:
Original post by Heimdallr33
Some strong logic there bro :congrats:

Spoiler

Would you have come to peace with Germany or do you believe its destruction was required to build the peace we have today.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Hamas is an issue which needs to be dealt with now. Thousands of rockets have been fired into the sovereign country of Israel. Israel has offered "palestine" a two state agreement and it has been rejected twice and opted for war.

For Israels own personal security it cannot let "palestine" develop as it would be a threat to its citizens. 44% of Palestinians (adults) voted for Hamas which is a considerable chunk for a terrorist organisation. Israeli aid has been rejected.

I think if you look up "terrorist" in the dictionary, you will find that Israel fits the description perfectly.

When half of your family is killed for some twisted political agenda, what would you do?
Israel is bombing Gaza because of these rocket attacks to ensure the safety of their citizens, but the reason the rockets are being fired in the first place is because of the blockade on Gaza and the colonization of the west bank...Surely it becomes clear who is in the wrong...

When the blockade on Gaza(The worlds largest prison) is lifted then the desperation to turn to organizations like Hamas will end in the Gaza strip. All this bombing done by Israel is only bringing more support for Hamas and even more hatred for Israel inside the Gaza strip. If you lose your job, your home and your family then who else are you going to turn to? Them people will want revenge and thus will join Hamas.

If i lived in the Gaza strip and witnessed the deaths of my family members and friends due to Israel oppression i to would fight for the freedom of my people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TurboCretin
That's some slightly tribal reasoning

Your point is?
Neither Israel nor Gaza. Neither Israel nor Gaza is the smaller evil. Instead of to take sides I wish the conflict comes to an end one day.
Original post by Brann
At the core I support Israel because I understand the need for a Jewish state, I'm confident that their can be a peaceful outcome and I recognise the great things that Israel has to offer e.g. great stem cell advances, its domesticly very progressive and it is democratic. However I disagree with Benjamin Netanyahu's agenda because it clearly does not prioritise peace.

Well I believe that Hitler planned on creating one in Madagascar.

Really makes the whole world war seem so meaningless when you think about it. Hitler wants to ship all the Jews in Europe off to Madagascar, effectively creating a Jewish state there. War breaks out and he isn't allowed to do this anymore, so decided to kill them all instead.

Hitler defeated and then allies create Jewish State in a densely populated region where the main religion is Islam...great ****ing idea!
Original post by EL704
I have been wondering, do your religious beliefs assist your opinion of Israel? This war has been going on for so long, and even in Northern Ireland, people are fully aware of the danger and risks of staying then they bitch and moan when something bad happens. If they truly cared for the lives of their children, they would move, they would get out somehow - look at all the refugees who truly flee for their lives during wars in Africa, they have no money, and they have a stronger will to survive than to say 'but my forefathers owned this!' and just stay there.

The UN refugee sites are not being bombed precisely because they are not a part of the conflict - the only people who choose to stay are the ones who want to fight, want to bomb and hurt each other, making it a no go zone - as it had been previously - had worked fine until people - on both sides - climbed over and started trying to claim 'squatter's rights'

There is no way there will be peace because Hamas (riding off the coat tails of the Muslim Brotherhood) will never allow it to happen. Take away their toy and they can no longer fight over it. They can only remain in power as long as they have conflict due to the hatred they have flared up in order to gain support. You cannot say you condone all of their actions?

Both are at fault from doing that childish nonsense which cost so many lives on BOTH sides. The people who are being hurt need to choose to get themselves away, because those in power are too up their own power hungry jacksies to care about the people they are choosing to kill - religious extremists thrive on war so by removing their fuel is the only option, they will never participate in peace agreements as they have no desire for peace as they would lose their stronghold.

So the oppressed should run away and hand over their homes and land. Are you serious? They have centuries of history.

Since when was it acceptable to support ethnic cleansing (that is what it is), annihilation of an indigenous people by force and genocide?

Hamas and religious extremism are red herrings. Israel are the state terrorists. Israel are oppressing people, stealing their land, massacring them in the streets, cutting off food and water supplies. When people are desperate, they tend to fight back with any means possible (Hamas). Do you seriously expect Arabs to live on less than 20% of the land, and in terms of Gaza the Palestinians have already lost over 40% of the land. If you can't see that Israel's aim is total capture of Gaza and the West Bank then you are incredibly naive at best. Israel is why there is no peace. They want to wipe Palestine off the map.

Does it not strike you why America allows Israel free reign to do as it pleases-- not only allows it, but arms it to it's teeth with the most advanced weaponry on the planet? Why Israel is allowed to break countless UN resolutions (Iran breaking one will be all out war, to put it in to perspective) and flout international law? Why is Israel above the law? Why does Europe not condemn them? Why aren't there sanctions on Israel? Why is there utter inaction against them? Why are there double standards?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Shadoo
The current attacks against Gaza are the Palestinians fault they refuse to negotiate and continue launching missiles from behind their women and children against Israeli civilians then complain when the Israeli government responds they are basically being cowards and allowing their women and children to suffer while they keep launching missiles and complaining.

Jeremy Bowen (BBC middle east editor) saw no evidence of Hamas using Palestinian civilians as human shields when he was there for a week. I'll let you read the article:

http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affairs/2014/07/jeremy-bowens-gaza-notebook-i-saw-no-evidence-hamas-using-palestinians-human
Original post by ChariotsOfFire
The greatest myth would be the Holocaust. There is such a one sided narrative to WW2 that of course is that the evil Nazi's came to power, wanted to take over the world and exterminate the Jews. First it was exterminate Jews in Europe, then they changed it to exterminate all the Jews in the world. What people don't understand is communist that spread from Eastern Europe was largely Jewish and the first Soviet Union was heavily Jewish. Do people have any idea how much evil these communist inflicted? some of it they even pinned on the Nazi's. But even the Nazi's had many Jewish members which makes you wonder if the Nazi's were partially controlled opposition or simply Jews who wanted to fight against Communism. Remember without the Nazi's and WW2 would those 6 million + Jews be in Israel now?

Goddammnit, looks like it's tin foil hat time again.

Latest

Trending

Trending