The Student Room Group

If firearms were legal, would you own one?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
If you ever get some money together I highly recommend you take a trip to South Africa for some big game hunting. It is bloody brilliant fun. I never paid for it because I was working out there, but if I had it would have been worth the money.

Already have, Oryx hunted in 2011 got some good Trophy shots, also been to America a few times and hunted Black Bear.
Original post by Zen Baphomet
Already have, Oryx hunted in 2011 got some good Trophy shots, also been to America a few times and hunted Black Bear.

Fair play, you are a man of good tastes when it comes to shooting. I only shot a zebra, but it wasn't a trophy shoot. It was headshots all round we wanted the skins and the meat. I would love to go hunting in America but I can't afford to go while on minimum wage.

Who r u? Oh my god

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurenmhari
Who r u? Oh my god

Posted from TSR Mobile

A cat called Gerald.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeschichteJunge
A cat called Gerald.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geschictejunge is an interesting user name

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurenmhari
Geschictejunge is an interesting user name

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pretty plain, I must tell you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
No absolutely not
Original post by Wigwam5
My father owns two shotguns in the UK..

So does my Dad, but obviously it doesn't count as the license is solely for hunting animals.

A pheasant is not a human.
If you ever get some money together I highly recommend you take a trip to South Africa for some big game hunting. It is bloody brilliant fun. I never paid for it because I was working out there, but if I had it would have been worth the money.

Barbaric, inhumane, uncivilized, degenerate and savage. :smile:
Original post by TolerantBeing
Barbaric, inhumane, uncivilized, degenerate and savage. :smile:

A man has got to eat. What would you have me do, starve?

To be quite honest, as long as I am acting with the law I don't really care what you think. I really enjoy hunting.

(Also I have passed my psychiatric evaluation).
A man has got to eat. What would you have me do, starve?

To be quite honest, as long as I am acting with the law I don't really care what you think. I really enjoy hunting.

(Also I have passed my psychiatric evaluation).

Don't pretend to me that the only purpose of you shooting is so you can survive. Well so long as you know, a significant proportion of the population finds you people incredibly foolish.

Me, *beats chest* man likes shoot big animals! Makes me feel big strong man!

Original post by TolerantBeing
Don't pretend to me that the only purpose of you shooting is so you can survive. Well so long as you know, a significant proportion of the population finds you people incredibly foolish.

I really don't care what the rest of the population thinks about me.

Most of my shooting is for pest control purposes which is then eaten. I recommend BBQ squirrel, it is a good snack.
Reply 192
I would get a shotgun and totally say

[video="youtube;Q73gUUr8Zlw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q73gUUr8Zlw[/video]
I'd have a 9mm pistol. Don't need a big gun, just something I can do home invaders with in an emergency.
If I did live in a society where you could legally own firearms, I'd buy a Glock. It's the one Jack Bauer uses.
I'd probably have a simple 9mm for when I'm out (some of the area I live in is quite dodgy, and I get seriously paranoid at times). And for my home, I'd probably settle for a FN series assault rifle.

Quick Reply

Latest