The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Talybont South

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have no idea. Havent started booking tickets yet...tomorrow am going for my biometrics and visa interview.so hopefully i should figure out soon about booking tickets and stuff.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
I'm House 7 :smile:
House 7, first floor flat 2 :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by desigirl01
Everyone who's been given Taly south as accomodation, please show up in this thread. I have been allotted first floor flat 2 room 1 house 26. :wink:

Hi all! I've got Talybont south as well, flat 2, first floor, room 4. Im from India, Bangalore. Going to be studying Msc in Strategic Marketing at CBS. I too have a query about the university's airport service. Any word on the same please keep me in the loop people. Kinda excited to meet people from different cultures. Also wanted to know what the university's placement patterns are like for post grads, especially international students. Itd be great if someone can shed some light on this too...thank you. Awaiting a quick reply on this guys...cheers!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
hey sam_88.. Am from hyderabad. are you in house 26? great to see i have indian company :smile:

refer to the coach collection service to find out the uni airport services.

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/international/coming-to-cardiff/before-you-arrive/coach-collection-service.html

Do you mean job placements? I dont think the international students will be placed. you have to return back to India once your visa expires. of course there is a chance you find a job in the 4 month period after 1 year graduation but chances are slim i feel.
Reply 25
hey sam_88.. Am from hyderabad. are you in house 26? great to see i have indian company :smile:

refer to the coach collection service to find out the uni airport services.

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/international/coming-to-cardiff/before-you-arrive/coach-collection-service.html

Do you mean job placements? I dont think the international students will be placed. you have to return back to India once your visa expires. of course there is a chance you find a job in the 4 month period after 1 year graduation but chances are slim i feel.

Thanks for sharing the link desigirl01. IM curious about campus recruitments cz one of my family friends also pursued a masters from Cardiff and was placed with barclays. But that was 2 years back and based on her emplyment prospects, she was granted a tier 4 visa for an additional year. Guess the economy has taken some turns since then. Lol. Anyhow. Yes I am in house 26 as well. Shall be seeing u all in a couple of weeks. Looking forward!
Reply 26
yay!we'll be in the same flat i think..whats your name?

2 years ago they took away the post study work visa... so now if you want to stay in the UK after your graduation an find work there you have to find a job in which your salary will be 20,000 pounds and they will give you tier 2 visa to stay and work there.I also read online that the chances of employers hiring international students are very few to none. so i dont have any high hopes of finding a job there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
yay!we'll be in the same flat i think..whats your name?

2 years ago they took away the post study work visa... so now if you want to stay in the UK after your graduation an find work there you have to find a job in which your salary will be 20,000 pounds and they will give you tier 2 visa to stay and work there.I also read online that the chances of employers hiring international students are very few to none. so i dont have any high hopes of finding a job there.

My name's Sameer keswani. Whats your's? I am kinda hopeful about getting a part time job there post my graduation, as what ive learned is most employers offer part time job contracts which last 6-8 months, then if youre able to prove your worth to them, they might extend the contract period, thereafter, turn your part time employment into full time, if youre lucky. I knw its kinda early to put this question forth, but, what are your plans after completing your graduation?
Reply 28
Hi Sameer, my name's Pavitra. :smile:

My plans well..I would ideally hope to get a job there in the UK after graduation but if I cant crack it there, am obviously going to come back to India and find a job here. Not expecting too much to be honest. we should go with a positive attitude though. rest is all upto fate.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Hi Sameer, my name's Pavitra. :smile:

My plans well..I would ideally hope to get a job there in the UK after graduation but if I cant crack it there, am obviously going to come back to India and find a job here. Not expecting too much to be honest. we should go with a positive attitude though. rest is all upto fate.

Haha true. So when are u getting there?? Add me on WhatsApp, for convenience sake, unless u prefer refreshing this page time n again. +917829455402
Reply 30
hey, I dont know.havent booked tickets yet. sure i'll add you..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
House 24. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by penepi

I'm house 24 too! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by penepi

Original post by kateparker0494
I'm house 24 too! :smile:

HEEEY! Me too! :smile:
House 24, 1st Floor, Flat 1

What floor & flat have you guys got? And what will you be studying? I'll be doing Journalism. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by eniidnu
HEEEY! Me too! :smile:
House 24, 1st Floor, Flat 1

What floor & flat have you guys got? And what will you be studying? I'll be doing Journalism. :smile:

hey I'm on the second floor flat 1, doing psychology :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Laura2395
House 7, first floor flat 2 :smile:

I'm House 7, 3rd Floor, Flat 1 :smile:
Reply 36
House 17 anyone? Got the email this morning offering Flat 2 room 3, first choice too! Get in touch guys :smile:
I got my first choice! I'm in house 18, and luckily I'm not on the ground floor! However, I've just looked on the map from the arrival information, and I'm right by the launderette with the railway behind :frown: I bet as I'm room 1, I'll have a lovely view of it!
Reply 38
There is house, floor, flat and room number.
No. of house - clear.
Floor - clear.
But I'm not getting why there is both, flat and room number? What exactly means flat? Because many people have got everything mutual except for room number.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
flat is divided into 6-7 rooms i think.there is common kitchen and living room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UztRSJNCqCw#t=276

its not taly south but gives you a fair idea of the whole thing.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending