The Student Room Group

Can you ask a girl out 8 years later?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by syrettd
Unless you're willing to set up a profile and add some people, I guess you're in a bit of a sticky situation. Even that's kind of a little bit weird, though not as weird as "accidentally" running into someone you used to know. But you might be out of options. If your friend looked at her Linkedin profile, did he find any sort of details on there, like an email or a mobile number?

Mate, I agree with you. That's why I'm hesistant, but even then I'm not sure how I would run into her.

Social profile seems the best way to break the ice, since you can contact her.. But there are no numbers until you become friends. I'm not really into social media though.

Also there's no guarantee she would respond, and unlike face to face where it's just me meeting her and me talking to make an impression, would I have to set up an entire background on my social profile online?

Sigh, I may have to let this one go. But still, I'm happy that she is doing well in life.
Reply 21
I wish I knew where she worked or could meet her at a party/bar!!
Original post by pshah2
Agreed, but how to find her? She worked at a restaurant according to her social profile, but has since moved on.. all I know is that she lives somewhere in the city!

What would I say to her if I did find her?

Good question, it's hard really unless maybe her linkedn says where she works or address? It's surprising how much you can find out about someone from online!
Well, hopefully conversation would flow naturally, maybe start with how glad you are to see her :smile:
Yes! I actually think that's v sweet :smile: best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by pshah2
If you met and fell for a girl 8 years ago at an exchange event, got on really well with her, but lost her number... and then by chance find out she works in the same city as you now, would it all right to go and find her and ask her out?

I think you have watched too many chick flicks:mmm:
Original post by pshah2
I wish I knew where she worked or could meet her at a party/bar!!

Can you not find her on Facebook? Or do you not have it?
I don't think you should give up so easily! You'd be surprised what you can find out with one name :colone:
Reply 26
Omg omg omg that is the cutest situation! I'm a total romantic so :') pls find her even if it's creepy (personally as a girl I would feel flattered especially as you DID get on really well) and then keep tsr updated! I sense a film...
Reply 27
Original post by NoonaMoona
Yes! I actually think that's v sweet :smile: best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too :smile:

Thanks. Any ideas on how to actually find her though to be able to ask her out on this overdue date?
Reply 28
Original post by joker12345
Good question, it's hard really unless maybe her linkedn says where she works or address? It's surprising how much you can find out about someone from online!
Well, hopefully conversation would flow naturally, maybe start with how glad you are to see her :smile:

Yeah I've been checking. The linkedin account says she used to work at some restaurant. Now she has changed to a different job, but the new job does not give a location. She has a fb account and she seems to still be in london. I really don't want to do this on fb though, especially since I don't use it myself!

How do I find her and bump into her? Go to the restaurant?
Reply 29
Original post by Ff96
Omg omg omg that is the cutest situation! I'm a total romantic so :') pls find her even if it's creepy (personally as a girl I would feel flattered especially as you DID get on really well) and then keep tsr updated! I sense a film...

Hahahaha I sense a film too!

I really would love to find her, but all I know is:
1) She used to work at a restaurant in London according to Linkedin
2) She now works at a different company according to Linkedin, but there is no location specified.
3) According to FB and Twitter, she still lives in London and has been attending parties here.
4) She still seems to be as wonderful as ever!

I'm not on any social media, and I'm not sure how to find and bump into her. (If I did bump into her by chance, I would definitely make a film about this!!!)

How do I find her? Go to the restaurant and ask?
Reply 30
Original post by ChildInDisguise
Can you not find her on Facebook? Or do you not have it?
I don't think you should give up so easily! You'd be surprised what you can find out with one name :colone:

I know! I found her on fb, but I'm not on fb! Can see that she lives in London still and parties around in the city, but don't know exactly where she is to go and find her!

Help sir!
Reply 31
How can I meet her at a party or bar?
A very stalkery wry way might be, if you see an event she's attending on fb go too and 'bump' into her there.
Or look up this other company and try and find out where it is.
Original post by Trustno1
I think Ross asked Rachel out after 8 or so years so go ahead

Posted from TSR Mobile

10 years actually :moon:
Original post by pshah2
If you met and fell for a girl 8 years ago at an exchange event, got on really well with her, but lost her number... and then by chance find out she works in the same city as you now, would it all right to go and find her and ask her out?

yeah, why the hell not.
Reply 35
Original post by xmertic
yeah, why the hell not.

Awesome, how though?
Reply 36
Sounds like that slutty pumpkin episode in How I met Your Mother
Original post by pshah2
Awesome, how though?

Go in to where she works, act surprised when you see her. Get a conversation going (ask how she's doing etc) and then ask if she'd like to hang out or go on a date sometime. Only ask one of the two though, whichever you'd prefer :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Qari
Sounds like that slutty pumpkin episode in How I met Your Mother

I know right?! Awesome how my life is almost like that show... but no happy endings sigh

How do I find her again?!
Reply 39
Original post by xmertic
Go in to where she works, act surprised when you see her. Get a conversation going (ask how she's doing etc) and then ask if she'd like to hang out or go on a date sometime. Only ask one of the two though, whichever you'd prefer :smile:

Solid advice bro! Will definitely do that... but I'm not sure where she works now as her location isn't listed. I know where she worked before... should I ask for her there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending