The Student Room Group

Any CIE candidates here???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WinterWind
1 week beforehand!:eek: I'm getting anxious again..
Maths grade boundaries, please be low:^_^:

How can we check the grade boundaries ?
Original post by Fatemah4
How can we check the grade boundaries ?

I guess they will be released on CIE website, the same with other exam boards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Which means in a week.....seockbo)pwwqiajfw

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is that??

1 week beforehand!:eek: I'm getting anxious again..
Maths grade boundaries, please be low:^_^:

For maths, did u give S1 or M1?
Original post by Roflwaffles
What is that??

For maths, did u give S1 or M1?

I did IGCSE Maths, so neither statistics nor mechanics modules are involved:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did IGCSE Maths, so neither statistics nor mechanics modules are involved:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh!! Welcome to A-levels
Ahh!! Welcome to A-levels

Thx:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did CIE applied ICT AS level in May... Let's just say all my freinds are pissed off by how annoyingly they changed be format of the paper... 2h30m is supposed to be enough time 😂... Was not the case on that day, last year I did geo econ and French CIE GCSES and was hoping for A*s but only got As...
Reply 87
I think it's usually guaranteed an A* if we can score over 180/200. :smile: I reckon I got a full mark in Paper 2 but dropped 8-11 marks for sure in Paper 4. I didn't have time to check the whole thing either, so I'm expecting something like 115/130 for Paper 4 and about 185/200 in total.

p.s. Personally I think the grade boundary for A* will be in the low/mid 170-ish.:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds relieving...
I seriously need A*, every student (small school, 6 ppl per year lol) every teacher my parents expect me to get A* in maths/science and I will be so pissed off if I don't and I'd be like why did I not get an A* in real one while I always have in mocks!! :frown:

Though I dont give a crap about other subjectsvas long as they are above B hahha

Well good luck to you!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a question:
I know for CIE A levels you've got to give all papers of a subject in one go, but does this mean you've got to give all your subjects in one go? Can you do 2 A levels each year for example, giving 2 subjects [both AS and A2] at the end of each year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Got a question:
I know for CIE A levels you've got to give all papers of a subject in one go, but does this mean you've got to give all your subjects in one go? Can you do 2 A levels each year for example, giving 2 subjects [both AS and A2] at the end of each year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's possible
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Got a question:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you can do that. I took an AS and am taking a whole A Level after already having completed 2 A Levels.
I think it's possible

Original post by ForlornUnicorn
Yes, you can do that. I took an AS and am taking a whole A Level after already having completed 2 A Levels.

OK. :yy: Thanks for answering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForlornUnicorn

hi Forlon.
gave you a rep for your contribution.
thanks for sharing.
Original post by Maura Kat
hi Forlon.
thanks for sharing.

Why, thank you!! :biggrin:
hi Forlon.
thanks for sharing.

Should have given me also :P
Should have given me also :P

oh sweetie. it says i've reached the limit.
so i'll give you one the next time around.
but only if you contribute positively to this thread :wink:
oh sweetie. it says i've reached the limit.
so i'll give you one the next time around.
but only if you contribute positively to this thread :wink:

:smile:
Talking of rep, you are all welcome to rep me!:smile: :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
That sounds relieving...
I seriously need A*, every student (small school, 6 ppl per year lol) every teacher my parents expect me to get A* in maths/science and I will be so pissed off if I don't and I'd be like why did I not get an A* in real one while I always have in mocks!! :frown:

Though I dont give a crap about other subjectsvas long as they are above B hahha

Well good luck to you!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm dying to A*s in maths and sciences too! Although I don't plan to do sciences in the sixth form I did revise A LOT for them (last minute revision counts:tongue:). So I'd be very disappointed if I couldn't see my hard work paid off.:unimpressed:

What subjects are you going to take at A-Levels/IB?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest