The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
The game against Newcastle back in 2010/11 season still pisses me off how the **** did we lose a 4 goal lead. Seeing that on premier league years it still annoys me. After the League Cup loss we just collapsed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me and my brother in the cold winter wind, expecting another Arsenal ''till the death'' game given the weather. Sit in North Bank block 9 and oh my god, it was Santa came twice!!!!

I've been going Arsenal with my bro since I could walk, but that one was special!

What a game!

My bro reckons he was at a Blackburn game in 1996 that was colder, but he's looking for props innit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Boobs
Watching Arsenal vs Benfica this weekend :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alittlehelp
Out of interest have you seen Carvalho play? Honestly I hadn't heard of him till we were linked

A couple times because my mate is a Sporting fan. He really is something special, I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the next Vieira because that title alone has hexed so many players but he is the real deal. Personally, I favour someone like him because he is the closest thing to a pure DM out there.

Sporting have reported put him up for sale because they are skint! Hope Arsene pounces.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2005
Original post by Peggles_*
A couple times because my mate is a Sporting fan. He really is something special, I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the next Vieira because that title alone has hexed so many players but he is the real deal. Personally, I favour someone like him because he is the closest thing to a pure DM out there.

Sporting have reported put him up for sale because they are skint! Hope Arsene pounces.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that the CDM that we'll get is one that the media hasn't linked us too all summer lol, it's just something Wenger does
Original post by Kruz
The game against Newcastle back in 2010/11 season still pisses me off how the **** did we lose a 4 goal lead. Seeing that on premier league years it still annoys me. After the League Cup loss we just collapsed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know Barton tried to snap Diaby's **** up, but he shouldn't have reacted by gripsing him up! Same as the season after when Gervinho slapped Joey, he's the worst kind of player, gives it out but cannot take it.

Why do so many players score these goals against us?!
Tiote? He's been trying to replicate that for about 3 seasons!
Rose? Tbf, Rose did have Almunia Morris dancing on the goal line! rolleyes:
Bentley? Almunia again to be fair!

The fact that we've ended up drawing 3 games 4-4, mostly from winning positions is embarrassing (LFC away 08/09, THFC home 08/09, NUFC away 10/11)

Our form was already sliding before the league cup final. I was thinking "uh oh" a few weeks before that awful day. Ipswich away in the semi final was probably the worst I have ever seen us play under AW.

When we capitulated and ended 4th, I remember an article headline saying "Arsenal finish 4th in a 2 horse race" I honestly believe that if that was ANY other manager, they would have been sacked. I blame that season on Eboue just because! Giving up a penalty in the last minute of added time or whatever, deserves a slap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Gerrard got too big for his boots a long time ago. The guy is a good footballer, but I don't give a **** what he thinks about Arsenal, or anything else for that matter. I certainly don't think he's in a position to be pontificating about what clubs fellow players should be going to.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Tbh if Giroud was more cunning and then actually finished his chances, he'd be a very good striker indeed.

lol
I'm going Arsenal-Palace. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
That's a different issue in itself. The way you said "Like Reus would ever join Arsenal" suggests that a player of his calibre would never join a team like Arsenal - which is not true because last year, one of the best number 10's in the world joined us.

Also, Ozil was not made to leave Madrid. Except for Ronaldo, and probably Benzema, anyone would have left if a big money offer was put in. The expenditure of Bale needed to be reimbursed to a certain extent. So if we had put in a £40m bid for Di Maria (who wouldnt have been missed with the arrival of Bale) we would have got him. To be honest, Ozil didn't even need to be sold, because if that was the case then they wouldn't have gone ballsout to buy Rodrigues. They could really have done with Ozil last year, the manager said so himself.

Reus would want to come to Arsenal, he's said so himself on a number of occasions. He's also said how much he respects Rocisky and would love to follow his path (I.e come to Arsenal). Also, Lewandowski wasn't made to leave BVB either, which is why he walked away for free.

Oh I am sorry I kind of meant that but not at all. My point was if Reus leaves it will be because he got an amazing offer from like Barca or Real. Because yes, without being forced to leave, I doubt he will willingly join Arsenal. Like if he could sign with Dortmund or Arsenal I dont see him choosing Arsenal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2011
So apparently the Khedira deal is back on?
Original post by AR_95

Don't know what to think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2013
Original post by AR_95

I think it's more of a Balotelli saga, media hype more than anything else. It'll be on & off and on & off and it just won't happen.
Original post by AR_95

Stan Collymore said the deal is still on despite what everyone says.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2015
Original post by SHOO
I think it's more of a Balotelli saga, media hype more than anything else. It'll be on & off and on & off and it just won't happen.

There's more reason for this to happen though. They definitely need to fund the signing of Rodriguez where as Milan aren't really in the same position.
Reply 2016
Original post by Kruz
Stan Collymore said the deal is still on despite what everyone says.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see it dragging out for most of the month tbh. Madrid need to sell him there's no doubt about that.
Have you guys seen Walcott's picture on twitter? I'm so excited for the new season now :O
Debuchy, Sanchez, Ozil to be in PFA Team of the year 14-15 quote the gizzad come May.

new era
Reply 2019
Original post by midgemeister7
Have you guys seen Walcott's picture on twitter? I'm so excited for the new season now :O

This one?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1406811368.111799.jpg

Gives you the heebijeebies for the next season doesn't it :P

Does anyone know when Walcott is likely to be back?

Latest