The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

FALSE rape accusations are the new epidemic. Lives are being destroyed everyday.

Scroll to see replies

Dunno if its reached epidemic proportions yet but there's definitely a huge increase in false accusations lately.

I was falsely accused a year or so ago by my ex-girlfriend after I found out she was cheating on me. Tried to tell her new boyfriend (who didn't know she was with me) and she revenge attacks back by saying I raped her. Odd thing is she claims the date of this alleged rape was years before we'd even met. Luckily I have MSN chat logs of our first few years of getting to know each other and can prove her claims rubbish, which is probably why she never went to the police. Didn't stop her and her wicked family spreading the story around our social circle trying to turn my friends against me.

The event has tainted my view of females and made me completely distrusting of them. I've basically accepted now that I'll be single for life, and I'm cool with that. Meanwhile she's getting married in couple of weeks lol. Just waiting on karma now...
(edited 9 years ago)
There has been a spate of media reports about women who make false allegations of rape in recent months, the most recent of which involved a woman from Grimsby who forged letters from the Deputy Prime Minister to try and avoid prosecution.
False allegations are a uniquely gendered crime with 98% of perpetrators in the UK being female and 92% of victims being male, according to the Crown Prosecution Service.
The main reasons seem to be:
1. To hide infidelity
2. To excuse or cover up promiscuity
3. To Get Revenge
4. To Garner Sympathy

Full article: http://www.inside-man.co.uk/2014/07/28/why-do-women-make-false-rape-allegations/
It is as if when a woman regrets having drunken sex with a guy she automatically assumes he forced her into it.
Original post by slandered
Dunno if its reached epidemic proportions yet but there's definitely a huge increase in false accusations lately.

I was falsely accused a year or so ago by my ex-girlfriend after I found out she was cheating on me. Tried to tell her new boyfriend (who didn't know she was with me) and she revenge attacks back by saying I raped her. Odd thing is she claims the date of this alleged rape was years before we'd even met. Luckily I have MSN chat logs of our first few years of getting to know each other and can prove her claims rubbish, which is probably why she never went to the police. Didn't stop her and her wicked family spreading the story around our social circle trying to turn my friends against me.

The event has tainted my view of females and made me completely distrusting of them. I've basically accepted now that I'll be single for life, and I'm cool with that.

Poor guy... Feminist want to trivialize and not tackle such issues because they want to preserve the innocent image of women in society and get more than equal rights for an overall FEMALE DOMINANCE
Original post by anarchism101
It's also worth adding to this that the police routinely class anything short of a full conviction as a 'false accusation'.

1. WHO TOLD YOU THAT?
If that was the case then surely there would be statistics on FRA? I read a FOI (Freedom of Info) 2-3 years ago, where the (police?) authorities stated that this info was not recorded as it was not defined.

It was my understanding that rape often gets re-reported to sexual assault, as no attempted/actual rape occurred. I am unsure if there is double counting of victims (like it is for USA's CDC stats), hence manufacturing 'new' victims.
Males 16+ who are raped automatically get "downgraded" to sexual assault, as male rape does not exist in UK law & does not get reported as such.

This includes cases where the fact that a rape occurred was not in dispute, but where there is not enough evidence to prove that any one particular individual was the rapist.

2. Surely that is unconvicted rape?
Police will still be checking for some time & linking it to other rapists with the same patterns (MO?).
Record year for convictions in Violence against Women and Girls, 10 July 2013. http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/vawg_report_2013

3. Do you know where the one for Men & Boys is? Or do they not count, like being raped?

Rape prosecutions: Number of cases brought and % of convictions by year
07-08 08-09 09-10 10-11 11-12 12-13 13-14
Cases 3,503 3,495 3,819 4,208 3,864 3,692 3,891
Convictions 57.7% 57.7% 59.4% 58.6% 62.5% 63.2% 60.3%

Source: Crown Prosecution Service http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27726280
Ms Saunders said the decline in successful rape convictions "must be addressed immediately. Over the last year we have worked hard to increase the volume of rape cases referred by the police and charged by prosecutors and our latest figures are certainly encouraging".
Yep, no sight of increasing rape cases & victims by including men.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by slandered

The event has tainted my view of females and made me completely distrusting of them. I've basically accepted now that I'll be single for life, and I'm cool with that. Meanwhile she's getting married in couple of weeks lol. Just waiting on karma now...

Why don't you sue her for defamation of character? It's a civil offense and with as many witnesses as you have, it would be an open and shut case?
Original post by rad_student

1. WHO TOLD YOU THAT?
If that was the case then surely there would be statistics on FRA? I read a FOI (Freedom of Info) 2-3 years ago, where the (police?) authorities stated that this info was not recorded as it was not defined.

It's from the Home Office's study in 2005. Things might have been changed after in reaction to this, I confess I don't know.

Males 16+ who are raped automatically get "downgraded" to sexual assault, as male rape does not exist in UK law

Yes it does.

2. Surely that is unconvicted rape?

Sorry, I appreciate my wording was a bit vague and didn't really convey what I meant here. The classification of false rape due to lack of evidence pinpointing a particular perpetrator is primarily among cases that have been withdrawn or retracted for this reason, rather than ones that go through a full trial.

3. Do you know where the one for Men & Boys is? Or do they not count, like being raped?

Rape prosecutions: Number of cases brought and % of convictions by year
07-08 08-09 09-10 10-11 11-12 12-13 13-14
Cases 3,503 3,495 3,819 4,208 3,864 3,692 3,891
Convictions 57.7% 57.7% 59.4% 58.6% 62.5% 63.2% 60.3%

Source: Crown Prosecution Service http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27726280
Ms Saunders said the decline in successful rape convictions "must be addressed immediately. Over the last year we have worked hard to increase the volume of rape cases referred by the police and charged by prosecutors and our latest figures are certainly encouraging".
Yep, no sight of increasing rape cases & victims by including men.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here and I certainly don't understand its relevance to my post.
Most rape claims result in no charge, whether they be honest or not.

This is a disturbingly stupid thread. Your reliance on a wealth of media stories reinforces your idiocy.
It's from the Home Office's study in 2005. Things might have been changed after in reaction to this, I confess I don't know.

Do you mean from this? If so find me where.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape#British_Home_Office_study_.282005.29
The Report itself
http://paladinservice.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/gap-or-chasm-rape-report.pdf

Yes it does.

OK.

Sorry, I appreciate my wording was a bit vague and didn't really convey what I meant here. The classification of false rape due to lack of evidence pinpointing a particular perpetrator is primarily among cases that have been withdrawn or retracted for this reason, rather than ones that go through a full trial.

There is a FR classification? If official can u show me the parameters please?
I don't understand, can u give an e.g.? A genuine rape occurred, but no evidence slassifies it as FR?

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here and I certainly don't understand its relevance to my post.

I was getting at the link between un/convictions, as a % of rape that does not classify 16+ males as part of rape or false rape.
Original post by Fanticipation
Most rape claims result in no charge, whether they be honest or not.

This is a disturbingly stupid thread. Your reliance on a wealth of media stories reinforces your idiocy.

Why is that for both?
Honest?
Or dishonest, FRA?
(edited 9 years ago)
Its awful woman could lie about something like this. It makes me so angry because woman or men who are victims of rape will be afraid to come forward as their be scared of being accused of lying, then there are idiots like this who make up claims. It does ruin lives once you've been tarred a rapist even if you've cleared your name in court people will always have an opinion of you. I know a guy accused of rape it was consensual sex the girl had a boyfriend cheated on him, the boyfriend found out she cried rape.
Original post by SillyMilly
Its awful woman could lie about something like this. It makes me so angry because woman or men who are victims of rape will be afraid to come forward as their be scared of being accused of lying, then there are idiots like this who make up claims. It does ruin lives once you've been tarred a rapist even if you've cleared your name in court people will always have an opinion of you. I know a guy accused of rape it was consensual sex the girl had a boyfriend cheated on him, the boyfriend found out she cried rape.

Agreed.

Seems that just like nowadays everybody knows "that guy who died from cancer" they also know "that guy who was falsely accused of rape"

Feminists are oppressing men beyond doubt. They want to make laws in Sweden that ban men from standing up and peeing......... and they've already banned paternity verification in France..... When the swedish politicians said that they want to throw out the immigrants, a feminist said: Why don't we just throw out the men?

Will men become the new 2nd class citizens in (western) society after a generation or two?
Original post by Harvey Dent
I think that any woman that's found to have made a false accusation of rape in a vindictive and malicious manner should be sentenced to a prison sentence that's twice as long as the potential sentence for the accused.

Stupidest comment I've read in a while and this is TSR.
I believe that accusations that have been proven to be false and malicious should most certainly be punished but to say it should carry twice the penalty of the crime itself is beyond ridiculous.
It's also likely to discourage genuine reports.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
This is why I'm so grateful for being gay
Original post by z00ser
This is why I'm so grateful for being gay

Because men can't get raped?

Oh wait...
Few problems with this, False rape accusations are a very small minority of rapes most rapes aren't reported I should know I attended a sexual assault support group for a while rape convictions are very low because the jury have to believe 100% that this person is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Often a rape trial turns into his word against hers, a person can still be acquitted of rape but the incident still occurred but could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt. There is a huge stigma being questioned feeling dirty etc I've been sexually assaulted twice in my life one at 13 the other at 16 my first assault I reported it to my brother who then told my parents it was awful and traumatic being questioned over what I was wearing, my second assault at 16 I didn't report because there was obviously something wrong with me if it happened twice. To be honest if something happened like that again I wouldn't report it it's too painful. False accusations are awful and they should feel the full force of the law, I'm not sure what the reasons are for false reports, maybe the shame & stigma of being pumped & dumped?
Original post by vickidc18
Few problems with this, False rape accusations are a very small minority of rapes most rapes aren't reported I should know I attended a sexual assault support group for a while rape convictions are very low because the jury have to believe 100% that this person is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Often a rape trial turns into his word against hers, a person can still be acquitted of rape but the incident still occurred but could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt. There is a huge stigma being questioned feeling dirty etc I've been sexually assaulted twice in my life one at 13 the other at 16 my first assault I reported it to my brother who then told my parents it was awful and traumatic being questioned over what I was wearing, my second assault at 16 I didn't report because there was obviously something wrong with me if it happened twice. To be honest if something happened like that again I wouldn't report it it's too painful. False accusations are awful and they should feel the full force of the law, I'm not sure what the reasons are for false reports, maybe the shame & stigma of being pumped & dumped?

You should read post 83.

I don't believe you at all. Do you have any proof? Why should I believe you... because you're a woman??? hahaha, right!

So many innocent men are in jail thanks to dem lying bishes. We are NOT safe anymore.
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
You should read post 83.

I don't believe you at all. Do you have any proof? Why should I believe you... because you're a woman??? hahaha, right!

So many innocent men are in jail thanks to dem lying bishes. We are NOT safe anymore.

Do I have any proof of what?
Original post by vickidc18
Do I have any proof of what?

Did you even read post 83?

I asked you if you have any proof of being sexually assaulted. If you don't have any, tell me why I should believe you?
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
Did you even read post 83?

I asked you if you have any proof of being sexually assaulted. If you don't have any, tell me why I should believe you?

Well the perp was convicted so I need to don't to prove anything.

Latest

Trending

Trending