Reply 200
Are you my teacher?:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 201
Original post by arfah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Creepy....
Any advice on a wannabe science teacher? (Currently doing his second year in Biomedical Science)
Original post by Autistic Merit
Some of my teaching colleagues have been to Singapore and, from what they said, it didn't seem as if the curriculum there was drastically different. All they noticed was that students listened carefully to the teacher, followed their instructions and worked hard outside of school too. In fact, some students seemed to be workaholics.

Low level disruption was barely ever seen; I think the worst thing you could see there was the occasional student daydreaming or staring out of the window. The lessons were not necessarily all singing, all dancing either. A lot of them were boring and content-heavy.

One of the big temptations of moving to a Nordic country!! Singapore is a little too far :P

I guess it would be societal value of education, as it mostly comes from parents at that age (?).
Reply 204
Original post by Prit B
Creepy....

This teacher seems familiar:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arfah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd rather not say who I am to be honest. I'm almost certain that there will be students from my school on here.
If you ever get bored of teaching or decide it isn't for you what other career would you want to go into?

How do women react when you tell them you are a teacher? Does it make them more or less interested in you?

Was teaching something you always intended to go into or did you only decide to do a PGCE as a 'last resort' once you've finished your maths degree?
What advice would you give to someone who is hoping to become a teacher in the future?

Do you feel like teaching has become more of a place for behaviour management rather than actually teaching?

How do you normally react if someone is misbehaving in your class? And if you place them in another classroom, how comes when they'd probably then distract that class?

Do teachers hold grudges against certain children? Do teachers have favourites?

Do you regret becoming a teacher?

What has been your most enjoyable moment as a teacher and what has been the worst?

Okay i'm done now :colondollar:
Original post by melody19
Is teaching everything you expected it to be?
Is there any other career that you want to go into or are you happy with teaching?
Are you the kind of teacher that is just strictly teaching or do you sometimes share stories and anecdotes with your students?
And which year group are your least favourite to teach? :smile:

1. No, it's harder.
2. No other place I'd rather be.
3. Usually I just teach although towards the end I started sharing personal things when the pressure was off.
4. Year 9 - no more SATs so they can't be bothered.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Any advice on a wannabe science teacher? (Currently doing his second year in Biomedical Science)

Always start off strict and don't try to be liked by them at the start. It's so much easier said than done though.
Original post by purple_panther
If you ever get bored of teaching or decide it isn't for you what other career would you want to go into?

How do women react when you tell them you are a teacher? Does it make them more or less interested in you?

Was teaching something you always intended to go into or did you only decide to do a PGCE as a 'last resort' once you've finished your maths degree?

1. I honestly have no idea what else I would do. I would like to go to Hungary and do something there (teaching English was what I had in mind but obviously that's still teaching).

2. I've always thought they sound less interested in me when I say that. Perhaps because they know it is not a well paid job?

3. I've always wanted to do it. My parents wanted me to be a doctor but I wasn't interested and I did badly in science.
Reply 211
Original post by Prit B
Is he even a teacher? :redface:

I believe I know who this is:mmm: crap
Always start off strict and don't try to be liked by them at the start. It's so much easier said than done though.

Isn't trying to be liked, beforehand much more easier for the teacher?

Have you ever cried in a lesson, or after due to students being dicks?

Like 3-4 of the teacher's I've had, had a breakdown in class, mostly when I was in year 9 too.
Reply 213
This is a first. :angry:

Hey teacher leave them kids alone!
Original post by Joshale
Isn't trying to be liked, beforehand much more easier for the teacher?

Have you ever cried in a lesson, or after due to students being dicks?

Like 3-4 of the teacher's I've had, had a breakdown in class, mostly when I was in year 9 too.

1. No trust me it isn't, not with most classes. They need to see the consequences first before they see you smiling. By all means praise them when they please you at the start but don't let things go that are negative. It's really important to challenge them when they don't do what you tell them to do at the start (e.g. sitting in the wrong seat, not working, swearing, using their phone etc.)

2. Yes I've cried after the lesson before after being assaulted by a student (can't go into any detail I'm afraid).
Original post by arfah
I believe I know who this is:mmm: crap

Are you talking to me?
Reply 216
Are you talking to me?

I didn't quote you, so no
Original post by arfah
I didn't quote you, so no

Oh for a sec I thought you'd figured out my true identity.
Reply 218
Oh for a sec I thought you'd figured out my true identity.

I have, don't worry I'm keeping it a secret obviously:wink: No one needs to know
1. No trust me it isn't, not with most classes. They need to see the consequences first before they see you smiling. By all means praise them when they please you at the start but don't let things go that are negative. It's really important to challenge them when they don't do what you tell them to do at the start (e.g. sitting in the wrong seat, not working, swearing, using their phone etc.)

2. Yes I've cried after the lesson before after being assaulted by a student (can't go into any detail I'm afraid).

I guess it depends on the student too and how the teacher is, If I had a new teacher and he was instantly off the radar strict, it would of fuelled me and my mates to 'terroize' him, although I must say my favourite teacher was strict, but also a guy you could talk to about sports and stuff, I think a mixture of being able to bond with your students, but also not being taken for an idiot

Latest